1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Start to Terraforming Mars in the Next 50 years!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by NoAmmoSrry, May 16, 2009.

1. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh yea ofcourse

2. syltman

syltman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, basicly to terraform it we'd need.

A hell load off gas. Which means that we would have to take it from Earth or possible Venus

3. Slaydon

Slaydon

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That would be EPIC

+

Did you know that when they sent a Bot or whatever to mars it landed in water and got disabled in some years, it took a while till Scientist could control the bot. and it was wet.

4. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:

Nuclear powered bicycle it is.
    Come kids, come. Blast your way to obesity!

5. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That didn't make any sense. Bike riding burns calories. Nuclear bike riding would burn [essentially] more calories.

6. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    nuclear powered bikes would require no physical activity. They would be like motorcycles

7. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ...which require physical activity...

8. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    motorcyles require activity? Yea.. sure.... >.>

9. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Call me a cynic, but I think, rather than colonizing another planet, we should just kill off 90% of the Earth's population. A little global instability and chaos is good every once and a while...

As for the terraforming.... I am envisioning the movie "Serenity" all over again....

10. Hoernchen

Hoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Fact is, that civilization as it exists at this moment can not sustain itself. Eventually we will run out of resources on this planet, our only way to survive is to either kill/let die a huge part of the world population (which would give us other practical and moral problems) or to colonize different planets and exploit their resources.

Furthermore we could get killed by global warming, viruses or a meteor, which are local problems (the chances of them happening on earth and mars at the same time are minimal) which is another reason to populate another planet.

It is in our nature to ravish an environment and then move to the next, like a virus. We can't help it, it is the only way to sustain our life-style and our numbers.

The colonization of other planets is a must. Without it, humanity will die out or de-evolute into a more primitive form. I don't want to have to reinvent the fire and the wheel. And since we have to do it anyways, we might as well do it now, before we get another war/global warming kills everone/virus kills everyone/meteor kills us

11. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's funny, because the many civilizations that have managed, and still manage to, live in harmony with the environment for thousands of years would beg to differ.

12. GLB

GLB

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

hm... these are just possibilities. About the "shall we or not" you can debat as much as you want, but you won't find an appropriate solution as long as you cannot solve the financing issue!

However, I agree with Mr Bob that some population reduction would be helpful to solve a lot of problems like skyrocketing food prices in underdevelopped countries, poverty, extinction of animal races, unemployement, aso.
    But the matter is, who will decide who is going to live (the 10%) and who is going to be doomed to disappear (the 90%)!

Anyway, Hakeem is right. When reading his post, I was thinking of some natural "primitive" civilization in the pacific ocean I have been told of in a documentary. Living on a small island, thousands a miles away from the mainland, they had to regulate their population growth. When reaching a limit, whole families were obliged to quit the island on a little boat. Mostly, they died... But it was upon the chieftain to choose the persons...

13. syltman

syltman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, let's conquer Venus

14. Bontrager

Bontrager

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fixing is far to difficult starting over is always easier.
    Who would want to live on a hostile red barren landscape anyways?

15. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As far I know, there are lots of ice inside Mars. If you could melt this ice, you could produce oxigen. :)

16. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well, essentially, the scientists are planning to produce oxygen on the mars by melting the giant masses of ice on the mars, and then bringing a "base" to the mars while hes closest at the earth, then they will start to use the water to plant weed etc in that dome and they start to produce oxygen through getting watered, I think thats quite possible and costs less as the first landing on the moon, because at the time when that time was come (to travel to moon), the science was not very advanced, but now... we can even send a satelite in the universe which creates a 3D map of nearly the whole of our galaxy... so why not a lil dome on the mars which creates plants to slowly creates a environment on the mars... we aren't in the 80's or the 60's....

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  17. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    awsome movie. And you never noe with the way humans are. And yea thats why governments have wars to keep populations in check.

18. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Governments usually go to war because of greed. But yeah. Same concept.

America goes to war with the excuse of protection a lot. In truth, it is just more greed. lol

What a filthy, greedy, sick, garbage filled world. (Yeah, I know I am 100% cynical, but it's true.) So! A large disaster would be nice right now...

/me goes to buy the movie "Serenity"...

19. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great plan ... I'm in.
    Let's thank Tom cruise for helping scientology advancing ever since the first moonlanding.

20. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    u noe what he ment when he said scientology u douche