• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Newest Epic Campaign: The King And Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
The King And Me Campaign

KingMepreview.jpg

Good People, I bestow unto you the workings of comedy such as this. I present to you, the map that is planned to be epic in many cases.

The King and Me

This map is about about a story so powerful it will move your bowls...because it's so funny. Basically, It's a Joke campaign. Here is the
Once upon a time there was a man named dan, a simple peasant just like all the other peasants of the kingdom of Pop. One day, Dan saved a cat from a tree, and a ceremonial knighting was held in his honor. So months later the king has caught wind that an army called the etapheureous-which means alliance of the scales in dragoonic- and they planned to invade Pop. The etapheurians were made up of the Dragoonkin, and myrrhlocs. However, the Commanders of Pop were all away on raids trying to find the Holy Man(but that's another story) so the king of Pop-named G-Zey- decides to actually knight one of the political knights, so he picks names out of a hat. Guess who he picks. So Dan is knighted in a small cave and the story continues from there.

Keep in mind this is the prestory, not the game story. I cannot share the game story. The story is simple because it is what came shortly before the game and is only implied.

To Help me produce my map without it being cancelled I have decided to separate it into two submission parts. The campaign uses a myriad of cool things that differentiate from the norm. Did I mention the campaign is voiced?

Let me tell you about the voices
This campaign is mostly voiced by me, and I am redoing all the voices of the UI in each map. The voices are not open for people on this forum anymore for now. Not many people on this forum speak english well, so I am getting my friends to voice this for me. If you are truly interested in voicing for this game, post below and I will consider it.

Now let me tell you about the rest of the game
As you should have inferred, part one, and part two are two differently released sections of this campaign released at different times in order to make sure I actually finish it. There is also a 3rd part, a map called planned to be very big, so I must release it after part one and before part two. Part two has three maps. Starting with a melee type map where you must eliminate the enemy, and culminating with an aos map in which you must launch your army at each other and break through to defeat the gnoffle king, but since these gnoffles are slightly more powerful than your units, and the gnoffle king will come in himself after 10 minutes, it's going to be a tough one.

Dan is knighted in a small cavern in this short intro designed to tell a small bit of the story(since I don't like intros I might as well make them short) the intro basically breaks you into who the characters are, and gives a first taste of a voice-acty goodness.
WC3ScrnShot_121709_201303_.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_121709_202552_.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_121709_202649_.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_121709_202643_.jpg
This is just a short intro that I added to test voices and set a precursor for the storyline. It is short and is not redundant. The voices help too.

Dan and G-Zey head off to kill the sujapipipillus so that no one will ever have to pronounce it's name again, after doing so they fight their way through monsters and head to their ally so they can build a small army and bring that army to fort outpost. Dan and G-Zey then head off to one of the cave entrances. The map is mostly exploration except for the building an army part, in which you must build units.
WC3ScrnShot_120409_163114_.jpg

The terrain in this part has been edited. This pic will remain as a feel for the game.
WC3ScrnShot_120409_165346_.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_121709_202740_.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_121709_202758_.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_121709_202826_.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_121709_203043_.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_121709_203115_.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_121709_203921_.jpg
In this campaign, I add more story and more funny. The campaign features some fun events and triggers. The most notable thing about this map, is that it starts out as exploration, but makes it's way to you owning a unit training building and a couple of nuke towers that are out of nukes. In this part of the map you must build an army of freaks that will aid you into the rest of the game.

The King and Dan and their troops find that the cave entrance has caved in and there is no way out...Except one... The emergency Teleporter. At the back of the cave. Using teamwork you must use both heroes by pressing the switches which switches to the other hero's troops. This goes on till you get to the boss which you must fight as a team. That is when the emergency teleporter teleports you to the random destination as it is designated to.
None Yet
In this map you must explore a cavern by switching between the parties of dan with some melee troops and G-Zey with some ranged troops. By activating special switches, Dan and G-Zey inadvertently help each other get to each other on the other side where they must face omnipitus. The self proclaimed "God" of the cavernous underground area.

You teleport just west of McGoggle's farm. You must communicate with him in a special way. After he is spoken to he gives you a zepman500(basically a zeppelin) to ride to the fortress.
None Yet
This map is a puzzle map, in this map you must decipher hints based on clues given by the Hints to complete sentences and communicate a conversation with old mcgoggle. The answers may be slightly obscure so you may need to look it up on the internet in order to figure out the expression or phrase used.

The king arrives at the fortress know as fort outpost on the outskirts of the kingdom's entrance entrance to the Great Wall of Pop and find that it is under attack by etapheurians, they quickly kill the scout force and prepare for battle. Once the etapheurians are driven back, general bingo's force arrives from a raid.
None Yet
In this map, you must defend for 1 hour real time using the freaks you had built in king's cavern. It is here that the king must defend against the etapheurians in the normal fashion.

G-Zey discusses a treaty with the etapheurians but they won't hear it. Realizing it is hopeless to defend, G-Zey and Dan head off to prepare for war. Bingo however, catches up to them and tells them that etapheurians can't reject a challenge they think they can win and that their national sport is a Boss Rush type game called Madness. G-Zey gets the hint and decides to challenge them to Madness.
None Yet
this map is like a boss rush and a single player RPG where you control an army in one. The game is simple, the offensive team who is fighting must defeat the bosses and defensive team must use the bosses to defend. The bosses will each be fought in an arena, but outside the arenas allies hide and try to help their teammates. On the other hand enemies lurk around the corner. It is truly a battle to the finish.

I would like it if some people joined the staff for this game, mainly I need a terrainer, a modeler might be nice too. Other than that I think I can handle it with my team of friends. Also, none of this stuff is required, I would like it, but I don't need it.

Comment and tell me what you think!
If you have any ideas I would love to hear them. I am going to try and change anything I can, and if you're really funny, or your idea is really inspirational, I may just give you credit.

Last edited:
Level 10
Ok, first we should talk about story...
Every story is good if it can be realized, and if it has sense.
Well, this one has common sense, but....
1. Names are too modern (they must be more ancient, even if this is JOKE campaign)
2. Why would king "picks names out of hat". I know there is no better way to choose Dan as knight, but, good king should choose great warrior, not a peasant who saved cat from tree.
No offense, but try to change story a bit (you can leave names same, but change hat picking thing)

About knight hero I saw on screenshot:
You must make skills according to your hero's stats - If he is mage, then he will use spells like bolts, AoE spells, buffs... If he's warrior, he should have abilities like Slam Ground, Charged Attack, Stone Form (these don't exist in Warcraft, I'm just giving an explanation.

About screenshots:
I will be short - you need terrainer.

Also, a lot of missions are exploring. That's not good. Try to make variation in mission types.
Also, knight, intelligence based hero?

Thanks for the reply I will tell you about this now

Names are too modern (they must be more ancient, even if this is JOKE campaign)
That is not true, daniel is a very old roman name I believe, and G-Zey's name is part of a joke(he's the king of pop you see and his name is G-Zey, you know like Jay-Z?)
Why would king "picks names out of hat". I know there is no better way to choose Dan as knight, but, good king should choose great warrior, not a peasant who saved cat from tree.
That my friend is also the joke and some people find that to be pretty funny, second of all, he didn't have any other great warriors, they were all raiding some other kingdoms for wealth and artifacts. I guess I could say he sensed great power in Dan using the force and it would be just as funny if not funnier.

You must make skills according to your hero's stats - If he is mage, then he will use spells like bolts, AoE spells, buffs... If he's warrior, he should have abilities like Slam Ground, Charged Attack, Stone Form (these don't exist in Warcraft, I'm just giving an explanation.
Dan is an intelligence melee hero(I'm not going into that just yet)

I will be short - you need terrainer.
Hark, tis the truth I hath been bestowed not with the skill of terrain.

Also, a lot of missions are exploring. That's not good. Try to make variation in mission types.
Also, knight, intelligence based hero?
The only exploring is in the first part(first five chapters are part 1 and next 5 chapters are part 2) and 2/10 isn't a bad number. The knight IS intel but like I've said I won't get into that now.

Thanks so much for the feedback, I will look into as much of it as I can, thanks!

Level 16
Although it was for the sake of humor, i think you'd better change the name reference from Jay-Z to Michael Jackson (G-Zey sounds a bit... strange?).

Other than that, funny and epic. I want to help on voice acting. Too bad i don't have a mic. Oh yeah, the king's intelligence at level 1 should be 12 or so. He seems to be more idiot than an ass. Terrain would need some improvement, particularly chapter 2 (Too frickin' bland). Keep continuing the project please. Would be a great campaign when finished.

Level 8
One tip - don't bring up the fact it is comedy too much. If people have different senses of humour and don't find it funny, they will ignore the gameplay and just hate it because you put too much focus on the 'comedy'.

For instance, I am very dry and british, so I normally laugh at a sort of Andy Parsons or Jack Dee type of comedy.

Some people, who don't think you grow past 4, still think toilet humour is amusing (Americans, as I like to call them)

I personally don't like the parodies (eg walkman=zepman) as it just doesn't seem to make a spark. It doesn't make you think. Well it might. If you were between the ages of 5 and 10.

So here is my advice - don't hide behind the fact it is a comedy campaign and don't make the supposed 'comedy' the main point of it.

PS - I was joking about the American bit.

Although it was for the sake of humor, i think you'd better change the name reference from Jay-Z to Michael Jackson (G-Zey sounds a bit... strange?).

Other than that, funny and epic. I want to help on voice acting. Too bad i don't have a mic. Oh yeah, the king's intelligence at level 1 should be 12 or so. He seems to be more idiot than an ass. Terrain would need some improvement, particularly chapter 2 (Too frickin' bland). Keep continuing the project please. Would be a great campaign when finished.

I am currently fixing up terrain and I am trying to make it as good as possible I do think it could be a bit about toilet humor but it also has some high class jokes too. IMO I should add a lot of different types of humor(the name for example, that takes a bit to get). Also I am fixing up terrain and trying to make the game as close to the wc3 campaigns as possible(I have extracted the maps and I am checking out triggers I never knew about). As for terrain, I may get somebody, or do it myself. You can help with the voices, send me a sample, I use skype to chat so see if you can dl that.

Level 16
I can't help with voices because i don't have a mic T_T.
For the king's name, how about "Mikhail Saxon"? An archaic-sounding name based on MJ's!
After all, MJ's the real king of pop (Too bad he already died)!

Pics updated! I think I will leave G-zey's name alone....for now... I just can't figure out a better parody for michael jackson. If someone suggests a name that makes me lol then I will add it. The joke is that it sounds so out of character that you chuckle a bit. Not for everyone I guess... Anyway, I have updated the terrain(and by extension, the pics) Hope you like it!

Level 5
Here you go:
-story is too basic (at least what is posted)
-I don't like the humor
-name's really don't fit well
-terrain doesn't look good in its current state
-heroes' skills look very basic

Please don't take this the wrong way, your idea has potential and what I've just said is just a list of my impressions. I'd suggest to write a more detailed story, put more work into the character design (esp. ingame skills, it sucks to play with the basic/altered Blizzard spell), get a good terrainer and shift the focus from humor to gameplay. The idea of a campaign with a humoristic background setting is appealing, but not if you're desperately trying to land some jokes at the expense of gameplay, which seems like it is, what you're currently doing. As for the voice acting, however good it is, it won't attract people beforehand as they don't get to hear samples and therefore can't tell whether it is really as good as you claimed.
Once again, take this as constructive criticism not an elaborate flame.
Good luck with your project :wink:

S'okay, it's just I didn't want all my lore revealed at the moment, you're right I should post that. The terrain is pretty basic, but your not supposed to raise dungeon terrain, leaving me with very little options other than doodads. I have updated the terrain since I took the pics. I am going to change some of the things you said to change. Thanx!

Oh and the gameplay is in my opinion fun. I'm only on the second map but it's going to a lot more fun as it goes on. Trust me the map doesn't forsake gameplay. Yes, the story is a bit thin, but it's pretty fun. I'm trying my best to make the map fun and entertaining. I need feedback and ideas to make it that way though, so any help is welcome.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I can't help with voices because i don't have a mic T_T.
For the king's name, how about "Mikhail Saxon"? An archaic-sounding name based on MJ's!
After all, MJ's the real king of pop (Too bad he already died)!

Cant make fun of him until it's been 23.3 years. (south park refrence)

Level 5
I love it, it's briliant, and the voices, the names and story are great.
I would love to join in as a voice actor or terrainer but the problem is that my main language isn't English and you can find a much better terrainer than me.
Anyway good luck with the comedy campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.