• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Infinity Blade: The God King!

Do you think this game will be great on Warcraft 3?

• Yes!

Votes: 47 68.1%
  • No...

Votes: 22 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
INFINITY BLADE: THE GOD KING!
Single RPG Type Game

117058d1345523182-infinity-blade-god-king-infinity-blade-minimap-image.jpg

INTRODUCTION:

...For my introductions! Hello hivers, I am planning to create a game named as Infinity Blade. Infinity Blade is a game from the Apple and now I will create a map for this.

Infinity Blade: The God King! is a Single player RPG game about Siris. Your role here is to reach God King and retrieve the strongest weapon "Infinity Blade". Complete each Rebirth, fight enemies and gain power until you reach the point that you can defeat the God King!

Please remember that the story and terrain of the original game from this map is different. I will not follow the story and terrain but the mission stays the same. Defeat the God King and retrieve the Infinite Blade!

The original Infinite Blade doesnt features quests but in this map...Yes! It will have different quests to make you powerful and help you defeat the God King.

STORY:

...I have fought the God King many times! Starting from the Bloodline to the Rebirth. He is hard as steel, too strong but I was able to defeat him and got the Infinite Blade. But what shocked me is that when I came at the lands called as Olivia.... Everywhere I can see destruction, Demons and cursed people dwells here! I know this land is once beautiful, I can feel it and I can sense the God King at this lands. If he is responsible for this destruction well he have gone too far and I will defeat him once more if that what it takes to stop him! But I must be ready for horde of demons I will encounter. The Infinite Blade too is not in my possession and it must be on the God King's Possession. If he have this weapon on his hands, many will suffer so I must steal the blade from him and save this land from destruction! Nothing can stop me from saving this suffering land!

GAME STATUS:

STORY: 50%

QUESTS: 40%

TERRAIN: 95%

UNITS: 85%

MAP AREA: 100%

Current Events in the creation of game:
-Improving the game. So many annoying bugs I encounter!
-Adding some more information on some tooltips!
-Correcting wrong grammars but please help me find them by posting a comment of the wrong grammars.
-Working on God King's Castle terrain! Already finished the fire traps! Next is some spike traps and I will create the God King's servant the Dark Knight and at last the God King!

Needs in the Project:
-An Infinity Blade load screen that is not blurry!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

117560d1346606320-infinity-blade-god-king-infinite-blade-gameplay-6.jpg

117561d1346606320-infinity-blade-god-king-infinite-blade-gameplay-7.jpg

117562d1346606320-infinity-blade-god-king-infinite-blade-gameplay-8.jpg

117563d1346606320-infinity-blade-god-king-infinite-blade-gameplay-9.jpg

117726d1347076742-infinity-blade-god-king-infinite-blade-boss-1-gameplay-battle-1.jpg

117727d1347076825-infinity-blade-god-king-infinite-blade-boss-1-gameplay-battle-2.jpg

117728d1347076825-infinity-blade-god-king-infinite-blade-boss-2-gameplay-battle-1.jpg

117729d1347076825-infinity-blade-god-king-infinite-blade-boss-2-gameplay-battle-2.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Download the ALPHA or PRE-ALPHA (or whatever state you call this map) version 1.2 of Infinite Blade here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=gfxmha

Icons:

-Paladon
-PeeKay
-The D3ath
-Static
-NFWar
-bigapple90
-GooS
-CRAZYRUSSIAN
-Cloudwolf
-67chrome
--BerZeKeR-
--Berz-
-JollyD
-graystuff111
-kola
-GhostThruster
-Palaslayer
-Darkfang
-KelThuzad
-BloodElf300
-GoldenDrake

[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/infinity-blade-god-king-221449/][IMG]http://oi50.tinypic.com/2hdsgb6.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Attachments

• Infinity Blade Minimap Image.jpg
    Infinity Blade Minimap Image.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 3,703
  • Infinite Blade Gameplay 1.jpg
    Infinite Blade Gameplay 1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 542
  • Infinite Blade Gameplay 5.jpg
    Infinite Blade Gameplay 5.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 2,772
  • Infinite Blade Gameplay 4.jpg
    Infinite Blade Gameplay 4.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 2,454
  • Infinite Blade Gameplay 3.jpg
    Infinite Blade Gameplay 3.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 3,325
  • Infinite Blade Gameplay 2.jpg
    Infinite Blade Gameplay 2.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 3,202
  • Infinite Blade Gameplay 9.jpg
    Infinite Blade Gameplay 9.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 2,886
  • Infinite Blade Gameplay 8.jpg
    Infinite Blade Gameplay 8.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 2,832
  • Infinite Blade Gameplay 7.jpg
    Infinite Blade Gameplay 7.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 3,318
  • Infinite Blade Gameplay 6.jpg
    Infinite Blade Gameplay 6.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 2,457
  • Infinite Blade BOSS 1 Gameplay Battle 1.jpg
    Infinite Blade BOSS 1 Gameplay Battle 1.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 3,420
  • Infinite Blade BOSS 1 Gameplay Battle 2.jpg
    Infinite Blade BOSS 1 Gameplay Battle 2.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 3,209
  • Infinite Blade BOSS 2 Gameplay Battle 1.jpg
    Infinite Blade BOSS 2 Gameplay Battle 1.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 2,723
  • Infinite Blade BOSS 2 Gameplay Battle 2.jpg
    Infinite Blade BOSS 2 Gameplay Battle 2.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 3,350
  • Infinite Blade BOSS 3 Gameplay Battle 1.jpg
    Infinite Blade BOSS 3 Gameplay Battle 1.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 3,460
  • Infinite Blade BOSS 3 Gameplay Battle 2.jpg
    Infinite Blade BOSS 3 Gameplay Battle 2.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 3,460
Last edited:
Level 4
Well sound very intresting I hope you can sucseed in this project.
Yes. I wish too because all of my map ends up in FATAL ERROR....

And BTW. Will there be character classes? If yes, will there be a necromancer class? I like playing necromancers
Sorry to say... no. The original Infinite Blade has only 1 hero, Siris and he is a knight. That means only knight class.

Level 4
Here is SOME of the terrain of the first area in-game:

attachment.php

Please say anything about the terrain. Im not good at terraining but this is open for improvements and criticism.

Attachments

• Infinite Blade Screenshot 1.jpg
    Infinite Blade Screenshot 1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 2,861
Level 4
Nice idea. What about weapons? Will there be possibility to buy different swords or axes?

Siris can wield three kinds of weapon: Sword, Axes and Dual Blade. Swords has moderate damage and can be paired with shields, Axes has high damage but you cant have shields to protect you and Dual Blade grants you high attack speed. For buying different kinds of weapons, well there are checkpoints here that lets you buy equipments and supplies. I am planning on shops is when you click weapons it will show you diff. kinds of weapons like that. Do you know how the shop system works in the game Sunken City.... Shops here is like that.

Level 5
I actually didn't think about two players because you wrote this is a singleplayer map. I mean if there will be groups of NPC's that player can join. Like guilds.

And the graveyard looks cool. If you could i think about one improvement. The fallen trees in graveyard are different color than standing trees here. I think those trees should be a little darker and little thiner so they would look like the standing trees in graveyard. It would look more realistic - like few of those trees would actually fell and broke. This isn't necessary but i think would be cool.

Level 4
I actually didn't think about two players because you wrote this is a singleplayer map. I mean if there will be groups of NPC's that player can join. Like guilds.

Oh I see.... No. There will be no NPCs that will join you. Its only Siris your controlling. Your gonna be so powerful with an NPC with your side. Incase you have strong equipments and you have a NPC with you, that will be too much easy now.... Im trying to make the game normal not too easy.

Level 5
Linear plot is when for example - player plays a good character that must save the world and kill the main bad guy. And he has no choice.
Non-linear plot is when for example - player plays a good guy but if he wants - he can join evil, he can choose neutral path etc.

And now some words about the boss. He looks nice. Model is very good and i hope he will have some interesting abilities like every boss should. But this screen is at night so its kinda hard to tell about some details.

Here is SOME of the terrain of the first area in-game:

attachment.php

Please say anything about the terrain. Im not good at terraining but this is open for improvements and criticism.

Too simple and flat. Use the raise\lower height tool and add some shrub\grass. Btw i don't like those trees.

Level 4
Too simple and flat. Use the raise\lower height tool and add some shrub\grass. Btw i don't like those trees.
Okay, will add some heights. Thanks for the idea... this will improve the terrain! For the shrubs and grass, there's already shrubs and grass around the trees but If you want too in other areas, ok. For the trees, nothing is wrong with it....:goblin_jawdrop:

Linear plot is when for example - player plays a good character that must save the world and kill the main bad guy. And he has no choice.
Non-linear plot is when for example - player plays a good guy but if he wants - he can join evil, he can choose neutral path etc.

And now some words about the boss. He looks nice. Model is very good and i hope he will have some interesting abilities like every boss should. But this screen is at night so its kinda hard to tell about some details.
Well, for me its both linear and non-linear because you must defeat the bad guy, the God King and at the same time, in the halfway of battle in God King... he will ask you if you want to join him... If you join him.... game over! If not, the battle continues. And you can choose paths too in the game!

For the BOSS description, thanks will add more boss!

Hey is this the original size of the map or will you make it bigger?
Yes, this is the original map size of the game but there will be Rebirths that you will restart again but the enemies will get stronger and new paths will open so even the map size is small it has many secrets in it!

Level 5
I see you need a signature. I can make a signature for this project. Just give me some renders of main hero.

I think weather would be cool if it would change when player enters a region. For example - in graveyard the thunderstorm would be cool but in good defended and safe city there should be sunny.

Level 4
I see you need a signature. I can make a signature for this project. Just give me some renders of main hero.

I think weather would be cool if it would change when player enters a region. For example - in graveyard the thunderstorm would be cool but in good defended and safe city there should be sunny.
What's render.? I have just say it Im dumb.....lol. and its great if you can make a signature but is it ok If I can only give you a +REP? And for the weathers, well I'll try the changing of weather but its hard because its Advance...

Btw add some leaves under trees.

Why grass? It's a graveyard, right? Better use rough dirt instead of grass. And those logs doesn't fit the other trees in the graveyard.
Well, in the game, the graveyard is still a part of the forest that's why it has grasses but Ill add some rough dirts.... For the logs, as I say still a part of the forest... that's why there's log....well Im looking for a dead log to replace those logs... that's what I am really thinking. Thanks again for the comment. This will improve the terrain. Here's A +REP!

Sin'dorei300 is right uselly graveyards will have blight and dirt or rough dirt around it
As I say awhile ago in Sin'dorei300's post. The graveyard is still a part of the Forest that's why it has grass but Ill add rough dirts... For the blight, yes good idea...more blights...more scary factors!

Level 4
Here is the 2nd Floor of the Black Tower.... There's no difference with the terrain in the 1st floor but different enemies:

attachment.php

Still open for improvements and criticism!

Attachments

• Infinite Blade Screenshot 4.jpg
    Infinite Blade Screenshot 4.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 917
Level 5
The skeleton mage and 2nd boss models are great! And i have an idea. I don't know if you already did it, but if you didn't - make fights with bosses more complex - for example you damage him and when he has half of life, he teleports back, makes a barrier and summons his minions so you need to kill them to continue the fight etc.

Now i'm going to test the beta, when i will do it - i will edit this post.

Level 4
The skeleton mage and 2nd boss models are great! And i have an idea. I don't know if you already did it, but if you didn't - make fights with bosses more complex - for example you damage him and when he has half of life, he teleports back, makes a barrier and summons his minions so you need to kill them to continue the fight etc.

Now i'm going to test the beta, when i will do it - i will edit this post.

Thanks and for the idea...that is brilliant idea. THIS WILL MAKE INFINITY BLADE MORE HARDER... Thanks for the idea!

Level 5
Thanks and for the idea...that is brilliant idea. THIS WILL MAKE INFINITY BLADE MORE HARDER... Thanks for the idea!

No problem. And i just checked out the map. Well it's more like a pre-alpha or alpha. Beta is when map is actually finished and only needs to be tested.
When i was playing i found some bugs.
- When i open the menu, the icons are transforming into green squares. That's probably because you need to put DISBTN icons in path "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\" (idk if i wrote it correctly).
- When i cast the Fire 1 spell, it looks like the fire bolt would just shoot from Siris' chest. Change the spell casting animation to "attack". It will look better.
- The portal from 2nd to 3rd floor in the Black Tower doesn't work
- You can buy and equip multiple items of similar type. For example i can wield sword, axe and dual blades simueltanously. As well two armors or three shields.

And of course the bosses and skeleton mages need some abilities like i said before.

I'm waiting for next release of the map. I cannot wait to see how quests will look and what will be the other ring spells.

Level 4
No problem. And i just checked out the map. Well it's more like a pre-alpha or alpha. Beta is when map is actually finished and only needs to be tested.
When i was playing i found some bugs.
- When i open the menu, the icons are transforming into green squares. That's probably because you need to put DISBTN icons in path "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\" (idk if i wrote it correctly).
- When i cast the Fire 1 spell, it looks like the fire bolt would just shoot from Siris' chest. Change the spell casting animation to "attack". It will look better.
- The portal from 2nd to 3rd floor in the Black Tower doesn't work
- You can buy and equip multiple items of similar type. For example i can wield sword, axe and dual blades simueltanously. As well two armors or three shields.

And of course the bosses and skeleton mages need some abilities like i said before.

I'm waiting for next release of the map. I cannot wait to see how quests will look and what will be the other ring spells.

Thanks for playing the map. If may I ask is the Shop System works when you shop at the Checkpoint? Well, here Ill explain each problem:
-Well for the green icons, I dont know how to fix them but Ill try my best to make the game perfect!
-For the skill animation, will do that!
-And the portal for 2nd to 3rd....OH YES!!! I forgot to place the regions. Sorry about that.
-For the equipping of multiples, well Im not yet doing the Restriction of equipping trigger but next or the next I will do it.
-For the bosses, Im not yet doing the skill cuz what Im thinking in my mind are some hard to do skill. So It will take time for me to give them skill.

Well, I am glad you find it somewhat fun. Now I am doing the skill of the next rings and adding more equipments!

Level 5
This looks much improved from that 'Godlands' map of yours I just wrote an essay of feedback about ;L Your terraining is much better and if you can actually follow through on all these features you are planning on, it could turn out well! :thumbs_up:

Level 4
This looks much improved from that 'Godlands' map of yours I just wrote an essay of feedback about ;L Your terraining is much better and if you can actually follow through on all these features you are planning on, it could turn out well! :thumbs_up:

Yeah, I know the terrain are more better cuz I read some tutorials in here and learned a lot. Well for the Godlands, I cant continue it anymore... I know its kinda good but its due to FATAL error in Thrall.blp and worst is I dont even have a Thrall in the game.

Level 5
For the green squares you can fix it this way:
In import manager change icons paths:
For normal icons - ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTN(icon name).blp
For blacked out icons - ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTN(icon name).blp

Status
Not open for further replies.