• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Infinity Blade: The God King!

Do you think this game will be great on Warcraft 3?

• Yes!

Votes: 47 68.1%
  • No...

Votes: 22 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hohoho. I stumbled upon a promising map! Anyways. As a freelancer idea maker here's the storyline I thought of.

A blade that can reap the souls of many. One cannot take it without feeding the sword his own soul. The Infinity Blade. It all started in the land of Osseta, or blacksmith town, as locals say it. A young man named Rowan, the best blacksmith in town and, Elysa, his wife, was given a fascinating metal from the king's treasure. Not knowing it is one of the Divine Metals, Rowan heated the steel to create a valuable sword out of it. The moon sunk and day followed. Rowan found himself in a very busy day. He smashed and pounded the metal, but nothing happened. He got frustrated and forced his hand to go overboard with pounding, his arm broke. Elysa, went to the forest and cut some branches to keep the bone straight. Day 2 passed. On the next day, Rowan, was gone! Traces of blood scattered among the floor, and splatters of goo on the ceilings. Elysa stood, crying, and she went downstairs to look at the metal. The piece of metal turned into a beautiful sword. Sorrowful glow surrounded the sword. It called Elysa, and she obeyed. She struck the sword towards her chest, blood flowed from her body. But the sword sucked it all, including her soul. A confused crowd appeared in the house of Rowan and Elysa. No one knows what happened. They just know, that the sword is one of the Divine Metals, and Rowan, is the first mortal to wield it. Now, Rowan stands between you and the Infinity Blade. Can you beat the original sword master?

-Da Fist-

Level 4
Hohoho. I stumbled upon a promising map! Anyways. As a freelancer idea maker here's the storyline I thought of.

-Da Fist-

EDIT: About your story, Well in the game the real enemy is the God King he is the one who wield the Infinite Blade not Rowan but your story only shows that you show support in this game...Thank you!

Last edited:
Level 4
Spoiled!!!!!!!!!! No!!!! ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))=

If you are talking of Da Fist and my idea... Yeah...spoiled! I think Da Fist idea is too much not from the Infinite Blade because a Blade that has immense blade cannot be craft by a Blacksmith.... and my idea of God King's identity is not a good idea because a God never shows identity. BTW, still Da Fist shows that he is supportive on the game by posting his made story.

Level 9
Well, yeah. The story seems, not right. Hmm.

No, Rowan isn't a god, but a incarnation. He 'hosts' the God King. When he dies, a cinematic will pop up and shows Rowan's true form ( erm. The god that possessed Rowan's form ). The ' Divine Metal ', is the ' King's ' metal. The ' king ' is a part of the God King.

How about?
Before the start of the entities, souls with extraordinary capacity roamed the blank universe. Even before mortals and gods appeared, they foresaw that the mortal named Rowan, and the God King, named "[Insert god name here]". Fate cannot be twisted, nor does destiny. The spirit crafted the Divine Metal, which will be given at the right time. No, they did not foresee it will be used against others. But one thing is sure, the Divine Metal shall find it's righteous owner, when the bearer of the sword, dies.

-Da Fist-

Level 4
Well, yeah. The story seems, not right. Hmm.

No, Rowan isn't a god, but a incarnation. He 'hosts' the God King. When he dies, a cinematic will pop up and shows Rowan's true form ( erm. The god that possessed Rowan's form ). The ' Divine Metal ', is the ' King's ' metal. The ' king ' is a part of the God King.

How about?

-Da Fist-

I see....but first lets see others comment about that...because like CromoX said SPOOOOOOIIIIIIILLLLER....... it may ruin the game so I will first go on the safe way. To gather comment about your story.

Level 4
Here is SOME of the terrain of the third area in-game:

attachment.php

Still open for improvements and criticism!:thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Infinite Blade Screenshot 6.jpg
    Infinite Blade Screenshot 6.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 928
Level 10
Here is SOME of the terrain of the third area in-game:

attachment.php

Still open for improvements and criticism!:thumbs_up:

Tbh, there is nothing really I can criticize about that, besides maybe adding in some dead people or skulls maybe, depending on what you are going for. The ground is pretty hard to change, due to it involving housing, and housing is usually maintained on flat ground.

If you want a better response try explain the purpose for this area, but that looks fine to me, unless anyone else can point anything out.

Level 4

Tbh, there is nothing really I can criticize about that, besides maybe adding in some dead people or skulls maybe, depending on what you are going for. The ground is pretty hard to change, due to it involving housing, and housing is usually maintained on flat ground.

If you want a better response try explain the purpose for this area, but that looks fine to me, unless anyone else can point anything out.

Hmmmm.... adding dead bodies is a good idea cuz Im thinking of it too so Ill add it. Thanks once again CroMoX!

Level 4
Added a UI Tile for this game! This UI tile is from Dentothor. He has the most coolest and fitting UI. So here's a picture of the UI:

attachment.php

Just say if this UI doesnt fit but I think this is...because there are no UI anyore that fits.

Attachments

• UITileShowInfiniteBlade.jpg
    UITileShowInfiniteBlade.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 591
Level 9
Well, Im a noob on HIDDEN tags I dont know how to use them... And maybe yes or no.....The map seems to progress fast but in the part where I will create rebirths it will take tons...

Just Click the magnifying glass (top right of the advanced reply button). And the system will ask what will you name your Hidden tag.

EX.
PICTURE, GAMEPLAY, etc.

Level 4
To all, I cant continue the map yet because I am in a Internet Cafe.... and I dont have the map with me....Maybe when I go home, Ill continue it. Im really happy to continue cuz many users are looking for this game!

:thumbs_up:Allain55X:thumbs_up:

Level 4
Here is another UI....Changed Dentothor's to another one. This UI is from Wc3Cnet. and Sin'dorei reffered me to this web! Thanks a lot Sin and it fits for me:

attachment.php

If you think this UI doesnt fit well just comment but I think this really fits!:thumbs_up:

Attachments

• UITileShowInfiniteBlade.jpg
    UITileShowInfiniteBlade.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 730
Level 4
To all looking forward to this game, Im not continueing it for now cuz Ill be joining the mini contest about making a dungeon map. I will first do that and continue again. Sorry If this saddens all of you!

-Allain55X

EDIT: Nah.... decided not to join anymore. Ill continue this one!

Last edited:
Level 4
Terrain is flat, have weird bush placement

Terrain looks really messy, its also dead flat and you use those ugly trees.

Looks like I still gotta learn more in terraining. BTW for the first picture I put the bushes in trees...well, just my taste.... I guess and for the second picture. It is really messy because it is a destroyed town.:thumbs_up: For the ugly trees, no it is not included there, its for the graveyard.

Level 4
Released v1.1 APLHA of Infinite Blade: The God King!
-Added 2 quests
-Added the place "Town" but not yet finish on it.
-Added many systems but the Attribute doesnt work properly yet.

Discover more features..... By playing it! Have fun!:thumbs_up:
See link at my first post to download the v1.1 map!:thumbs_up:

Level 31
Review by APproject on IB ALPHA v1.1

Here is my quick review about your alpha map, it is very lacking and require much more work than that. Here are points that bothers me. I surfed only half of the playable map and stopped playing.

1. It needs loading screen. I wouldn't require a custom loading screen as it is Alpha, but I would like to read more detailed information about map written in the loading screen.
2. There is no intro - nothing. At least a short intro cinematic would be good.
3. I have no quests and no orders, I start map without a destination, I do not know what to do / where to go when map starts.
4. Hero abilities do not have Hot Keys.
5. Item Power Right do not explain anything about its abilities, it lacks proper description.
6. Ability Fire 1 and other abilities have no casting animations.
7. Hero selection scale is alright, but it should be slightly bigger, it feels slightly too tight.
8. Use Quest Requirements function to set tasks to certain quests instead of listing it in the quest description.
9. Ugh.. No mana regeneration? I cast my spell once and I cannot cast it anymore because mana would not regenerate.
10. These items' icon of the shop do not have their DISBTNs:

clipboardjm.png

11. Shop items do not have Hot Keys.
12. Souls do not rise when I kill an enemy. It also have tree icon.
13. There are no defeat conditions when hero dies.
14. I don't think this UI really fit to the game. Starting atmosphere is forest and it is green everywhere, yet UI is demonic and dark, it would better fit to some dark demonic dungeons rather than forest if entire map was dungeons.
15. I dont have starting abilities. I receive abilities when I REpick the ring or acquire gold.
16. It is rather ugly to see map's edge. Don't make playable map area near maps edge, because then the edge is seen. Leave more space for it and cover it with trees, rocks or mountains for example.
17. Spells' tooltips do not tell its cooldowns.
18. I can shoot my spell at boss and run away to heal, come back and shoot again, keep doing it to kill it without any close combat. I can also stand on the edge of healing area and get healed by shop, while I fight boss who is not being healed.
19. First boss have no abilities.
20. Only three hero abilities and yet only to rise 1 attribute for each?
21. I met Town Guard and when cinematic appeared, I was attacked by two enemy units, so I could not do anything just to watch my hero fighting, then I died because I could not perform any action while cinematic. Pause all units when cinematic start and Unpause all units when ends, or make cinematics skippable.
22. Fire 1's tooltip do not say anything about stunning unit, yet it stun unit for a very short period of time.
23. Many units have their selection scale size set wrong.
24. It is really annoying to keep running back to shop to heal.
25. I kept killing enemies and I was keep getting messages that I should return to NPC who gave me a quest for each kill I did.
26. The Lost Child quest appeared in Game Info and not in Quests section.
27. There are minor grammar and spelling mistakes in the transmissions.
28. It is really easy to kill Knights and Mages, I could handle 4 at once barely getting any damage.
29. Some enemies use Hero model and it have their glow, but they are not heroes.
30. I completed killing quest but messages kept appearing after completion that I must return to the NPC again.
31. After killing a demon, its shadow remains on the ground and some SFX as well.
32. Ice 1 and Heal 1 have no cooldown notices and hot keys.
33. I have so much gold after killing hero model having enemies, I don't know where to put that amount, I have best items already.
34. Terrain and environment art is rather lacking, but I don't have to tell you that.

I guess that's it for now. I can't rate it well only because it is Alpha, it is bugged and have many mistakes. I consider Alpha as a certain percentage (30-40%) map done, but it is not even that. Sorry, but I would say it was a work of two days. Currently I would rate it 1/5 even though it is Alpha, its current state is not okay even for alpha in my opinion. Don't accept my rating and opinion negatively, I was trying to be as constructive as I can, improve and it all may change. Pour more effort into this, good luck.

Level 4
Here is my quick review about your alpha map, it is very lacking and require much more work than that. Here are points that bothers me. I surfed only half of the playable map and stopped playing.

1. It needs loading screen. I wouldn't require a custom loading screen as it is Alpha, but I would like to read more detailed information about map written in the loading screen.
2. There is no intro - nothing. At least a short intro cinematic would be good.
3. I have no quests and no orders, I start map without a destination, I do not know what to do / where to go when map starts.
4. Hero abilities do not have Hot Keys.
5. Item Power Right do not explain anything about its abilities, it lacks proper description.
6. Ability Fire 1 and other abilities have no casting animations.
7. Hero selection scale is alright, but it should be slightly bigger, it feels slightly too tight.
8. Use Quest Requirements function to set tasks to certain quests instead of listing it in the quest description.
9. Ugh.. No mana regeneration? I cast my spell once and I cannot cast it anymore because mana would not regenerate.
10. These items' icon of the shop do not have their DISBTNs:

clipboardjm.png

11. Shop items do not have Hot Keys.
12. Souls do not rise when I kill an enemy. It also have tree icon.
13. There are no defeat conditions when hero dies.
14. I don't think this UI really fit to the game. Starting atmosphere is forest and it is green everywhere, yet UI is demonic and dark, it would better fit to some dark demonic dungeons rather than forest if entire map was dungeons.
15. I dont have starting abilities. I receive abilities when I REpick the ring or acquire gold.
16. It is rather ugly to see map's edge. Don't make playable map area near maps edge, because then the edge is seen. Leave more space for it and cover it with trees, rocks or mountains for example.
17. Spells' tooltips do not tell its cooldowns.
18. I can shoot my spell at boss and run away to heal, come back and shoot again, keep doing it to kill it without any close combat. I can also stand on the edge of healing area and get healed by shop, while I fight boss who is not being healed.
19. First boss have no abilities.
20. Only three hero abilities and yet only to rise 1 attribute for each?
21. I met Town Guard and when cinematic appeared, I was attacked by two enemy units, so I could not do anything just to watch my hero fighting, then I died because I could not perform any action while cinematic. Pause all units when cinematic start and Unpause all units when ends, or make cinematics skippable.
22. Fire 1's tooltip do not say anything about stunning unit, yet it stun unit for a very short period of time.
23. Many units have their selection scale size set wrong.
24. It is really annoying to keep running back to shop to heal.
25. I kept killing enemies and I was keep getting messages that I should return to NPC who gave me a quest for each kill I did.
26. The Lost Child quest appeared in Game Info and not in Quests section.
27. There are minor grammar and spelling mistakes in the transmissions.
28. It is really easy to kill Knights and Mages, I could handle 4 at once barely getting any damage.
29. Some enemies use Hero model and it have their glow, but they are not heroes.
30. I completed killing quest but messages kept appearing after completion that I must return to the NPC again.
31. After killing a demon, its shadow remains on the ground and some SFX as well.
32. Ice 1 and Heal 1 have no cooldown notices and hot keys.
33. I have so much gold after killing hero model having enemies, I don't know where to put that amount, I have best items already.
34. Terrain and environment art is rather lacking, but I don't have to tell you that.

I guess that's it for now. I can't rate it well only because it is Alpha, it is bugged and have many mistakes. I consider Alpha as a certain percentage (30-40%) map done, but it is not even that. Sorry, but I would say it was a work of two days. Currently I would rate it 1/5 even though it is Alpha, its current state is not okay even for alpha in my opinion. Don't accept my rating and opinion negatively, I was trying to be as constructive as I can, improve and it all may change. Pour more effort into this, good luck.

Sorry if the game is lacking. When I read your comment it makes me feel useless but I just say to myself....its just a review...lol.... SO lets get to the topic.
-For the intro, well there is really a intro there just forget to turn it on in triggers.... will release the map again.
-For the souls, Im not yet working on it.
For the UI, well Sin say that I should use that because there is a dark tower here so I ued that.
-For the attributes, As I say its not yet finish.... I dont how to make it no level and its unlimited.
-The boss has no skills will do that but I think the boss skill will be hard.
For the cinematic problems , will do the pausing and unpausing!

BTW, thanks for the review! You deserve a REP!:thumbs_up:

Level 4
I'm glad it inspired you. Don't give up.

Thanks. Well added the trigger when you kill a enemy youll get a soul...Im still finding a use for this souls, maybe special items will require this... What do you think? Is this a good idea? And hey can you help me in triggers? Well, I have just notice a super annoying bug that even I finish the "Revenge" quest, it still shows the message of go back to NPC...What should I do to make it stop when the quest is finish?:eekani:

BTW, the intro is just disabled in triggers. that's why there is no intro.... I enabled it. LOL!

Level 10
With the souls i would use them to buy rare weapons, or to enchant equipment, or even make it that you have to sacrifice 20 souls to go to another area.
Maybe even summoning units, or abilities that require souls
Just ideas

Level 4
With the souls i would use them to buy rare weapons, or to enchant equipment, or even make it that you have to sacrifice 20 souls to go to another area.
Maybe even summoning units, or abilities that require souls
Just ideas

Im gonna see about that..... Actually that's a good idea.

EDIT: Come up with an idea for the Souls. Each equipments costs souls...just came up with that so items will be harder to buy. Because in the previous review of APproject.... he said that its easy to buy items so Ill make it a little bit harder.

Level 10
Im gonna see about that..... Actually that's a good idea.

EDIT: Come up with an idea for the Souls. Each equipments costs souls...just came up with that so items will be harder to buy. Because in the previous review of APproject.... he said that its easy to buy items so Ill make it a little bit harder.

Well you could make soul equipment, which is a unique type of equipment; and if all soul gear is equipped it adds a rare abilty, like rings but stronger. This is just an idea but yours is good

Level 4
THE FIRST OPTIONAL BOSS of INFINITE BLADE:
Name: Flame Guardian
Level: 30
HP: 1600
Damage (Chaos): 165-165

Additional Information:: The Flame Guardian can be fought by doing the quest "Seeking Power". You can also make this BOSS as an ally by acquiring the Orb of Ancient Souls and this Orb can only be acquired by finishing the quest "Seeking Power"!

attachment.php

*UPDATED*: Changed name, additional information and game model!:thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Infinite Blade OPTIONAL BOSS 1.jpg
    Infinite Blade OPTIONAL BOSS 1.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.