• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The New World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hello Hivers,
I need hero ideas for an ORPG I am making right now,
Here is more info about the ORPG:
Name:
The New World - Nekral
Players:
6-7.
Difficulty:
Not easy at all.

Year : 642 -> 643.
"World of Gelragis : The Ancient World. Skelis, Relum and Tiliar are in the city hall."
The ancient world of Gelragis was dominated by humans. As usual, the world was almost destroyed by war. The city of Aldor, greatly weakened by The Seventh War, could have been destroyed at any time. Skelis is preparing a plan to defend against attacks, Relum refining more sword, and Tiliar, the lazy guy, sleeps.

-Relum, I sense something.. Said Skelis.
-What now? he answered.
-Demonic Presence somewhere. Raise your swords, warriors. Tiliar, FOR THE SAKE OF LIFE, WAKE UP!
-Eh, eh, okay.. I will.. Says Tiliar, still asleep.
-Now, get the hell out of here! I sense demonic presence!

And yes, demons popped out of The Dimensional Mirror. Hordes of terrific Ghouls, Zombies, Doom Guards, Dead Lords, Dread Lords, Liches, Lesser Demons, Greater Demons, and all kind of demons came.

The three guards cry "TO WAR!"
And they start fighting..

-This war won't end.
-No it won't.
-Pff. Can't I just go sleep back? Since it won't end..
-Ghaaaaaarh!
-Holy sh-.. AHHGH! HE HIT ME. DAMN HIM.

A strange voice said :
"Leave this world....Mortals...For your life...Tremble..And despair...WE have come to this world... And WE shall destroy it.. Find the portal... In the Cave of Time... If you want another chance... But only the brave may pass it."

-What? Only the brave? He's crazy. Let's go, guys.

They headed to the Cave Of Time. And yes, they did find the portal with many other fleeing humans around it.
A captain cried:
"EVERYONE, NOW, GO!"

All the humans entered the portal. But what they thought, was not true : They thought they would get to heaven.. Or at least hell.
But it was wrong. It was the ruins of some temple... That was familiar. It was the ruin of Crystal Temple, where the queen of Aldor lived.

-Now what...Asks Tiliar.
-I guess, we should run to the escape door..
-No not there. Check it out, there's demons there.
-Grrr.. Okay go, main entrance.
-Let's go, all.

They tried escaping the temple.. From the main door. The demons were still following their path, and it was like flames growing : The demons became more and more powerful. Many died. Others survived. At the main room, there were all races united there, fighting the demons.Elves, Orcs, Humans, Trolls, Gnolls, and even Minotaurs and Magnataurs. Everyone was fighting bravely, and almost everyone was dieing horribly.
Since the demons grew stronger every time they died, the survivors decided to run directly. And they found themselves against a Demon Rampager, which is a very powerful demon that could destroy an entire city by himself.
They killed him and escaped the temple...
And they found themselves, in a forest, more than what they dreamed about : A New World. The world was named like the most powerful hero, the one who killed the Demon Rampager : Nekral.
Discover the secrets and the magic of this world, that no one ever expected... And fight back the demon lords, to gain glory and power.

Year : Right now
The New World was built a bit like the old one.But now, the humans won't commit the same mistake anymore : They will not fight. They, instead, built an alliance, used Medieval weapons, and magic - that they did not trust in -, to preserve their powers against demons if they come back again.
Orcs, followed their traditions. They live in peace, but this time, they united Fel Orcs with normal Orcs.. Also, they united with a strange race that looked like dragonspawns. But these dragonspawns could grow to bigger dragons. That race, was named Trakkian.
The Trolls found some islands that were perfect for them. Voodoo 'mon! (Yes, they had Voodoo Crystals).
Gnolls have built a city and stopped building homes in forests. But they still roamed forests around New City of Aldar.
Magnataurs conquered the northern fields, and some of them were also near the Capital of the "Human Blood" alliance which united the Humans with Elves, pretending they have the same blood.
Spiders... Died against demons. All of them did.
And the mighty Phoenixes of the "Blood Mage Guild" found themselves new leaders : The Golden Phoenix, and the Dark Phoenix.
Nagas have controlled the seas and could attack any ship. So better get yourself some Amphibious boots.
Hydras roam the seas with Nagas. But they are in less numbers and hide in the Deep Sunken Land.
The humans heard about new races, discovered in the world :
Nekralians, which were strange fel harpies. They had no name, but were named like this, because they dominated the world before the humans came.
Crystalline Elves, which look like elves, but were affected by crystal power. Their queen hides in the Crystal lair.
Energy Spawns, whom leader hides inside the Energy Lair, protected by 5 mighty Energy Guardians.
Wraiths and Witches, of those who died inside the Temple. They haven't been haunting people, but they have been attacking anyone coming nearby.

Features:
-Special items/sets,
-Items only wearable by a class/element,
-Unique heroes,
-Nice dungeons/Bossfights,
-Multiple maps,
-intense PvP,
-Probably will have tournaments (And again probably on Garena)
-Evolution (Depends), when your hero reaches a certain level, you become 'elite' or 'dark' (example : Demon Hunter, elite Demon Hunter, dark Demon Hunter)
-Probably will have professions,
-Custom triggered spells.
-Entertaining Dungeons.
-PvE/PvP Arenas.
-Titles and awards/Trophies...
-And more.

Well, I need hero ideas..And maybe, ideas for the name of the world, and races within it..
Current name is Nekral, races are Trakkians (kind of Dragonspawns), Humans (logic) Nekral Elves (may be changed if the World name is changed), Orcs(essential :p) and, Nekralians (the dominating race, may be changed again if the World name is changed, they are kinds of fel harpies)..
Thanks.
+rep and credits if you help me. Please try coming with creative ideas. Could be for dungeons, bosses, items, talismans, Magical knights (some kind of rare monsters that do not die (besides if they're "challenging") and travel the world, they can give hard quests for high levels) and heroes. The hero can have your name, if you want :p
Thanks again.

If you think I'm doing something wrong, or put it in wrong section, not my fault. Some guy told me, when I put it on requests, that it is wrong place for it. So I asked to move it, but no one did. I decided to create a new thread here.

Windu a.k.a Entei - All - Rounded ; Author of Goblin Village Defence and well, this ;)
Herian - All - Rounded ; Author of .. Well, this ;)

Herian & Windu(a.k.a Entei a.k.a The_Warplord)- The makers
Mr. Bob- Cool buildings
Jetfanginferno- Cool FX
Kitabatake- Cool FX
Sephiroth_VII- Cool model(s)
RED-BARON- Cool Loading Screen
Tranquil- "Great Lightning"

If your name is not listed above, and you DID contribute something, give me the link of what you made, and I will add you.

ScreenShot_1.png
Wonder what those kids are doing at night?
ScreenShot_2.png
Don't worry, citizens of CalmIce city, no war is preparing!
ScreenShot_3.png
Wondering why the Trakkian Villager is walking on water? Yes, they have the ability to do that.
ScreenShot_4.png
Left : Unknown Shrine. Right : Diseased Armory.
ScreenShot_5.png
CrystalIce Plains. Top left: Diseased Blue crystals.
ScreenShot_6.png
Welcome to the "glorious" Orc Village! You'll meet the real Orc City in the other map, for high levels.

Have fun,
~Herian

Last edited:
Level 14
okay. I will post screenshots of the RPG, but I will only put the 1st map's. Cause the RPG gonna have multimaps as I said.. And for what I need, you should read 1st reply : I need hero ideas, profession ideas (any, besides blacksmithing, jewelcrafting, enchanting) and boss ideas.
The profession ideas should be like this:
(Name)
(1st ability)
(2nd ability)
(3rd ability)
(4th ability)
(5th ability)
Abilities are recipes such as : Forge Ore sword, or Blacksmith's strength (adds str), or Combine Jewels.
More information about forging, jewelcrafting, etc
When you choose to do it, you enter a "Magic Cell" the magic cell is where you forge. You have units depending on the usable items you've got. Exemple:
I have : Ore, Useless stone, High Blood mage's scepter, Iron, Broken wood piece.
The items that will be on the magic cell:
Ore - Yes
Useless Stone - No, it is a USELESS stone. Maybe an enchanter can make it a jewel.
High blood mage's scepter - No, it's a weapon. Weapons, armors and gloves aren't combinable/usable for forging.
Iron - Yes, it's a primary ingredient..
Broken Wood Piece - No, it is broken. When you cut trees, you have chance to get a broken wood piece. It cannot be used, and cannot be sold.
Let's change the useless stone to the rare ingredient : Misteye (Jewel)
Yes it can be used, it's a jewel. Jewels can be used on forging swords.
The recipe that can be done with this, is..
Mist Apprentice's Sword.
I hope you understand. No, no need to put the magic cell example. That was just to show how it will work. Oh, if there's a good triggerer (GUI maybe, JASS if you want) that wants to join me, I sure will be happy to show him everything. Just PM me, or say it here ^^

EDIT : All constructive criticism is welcome. :)
EDIT#2 : I can't post screenshots yet. I need everything to be done to show ingame screenshots. Until now my World Editor crashed too much, I couldn't make some things. Thanks, Midnight, for the help.

Thanks,
~Herian

Last edited:
Level 2
A Hero

ok How about Creature Handler , Melissa ( you can rename it )

And for the Model u could use the Medvih model from wc3

1st skill

Summon Pet

Basically it summons a selected pet (dog , wolf , bear etc) and this is a permanent summon and with each level the pet gets more dmg , hp , armour ,atk speed etc ( i advise to also give the pet sub skills like evasion critical strike and probably some type of dps spell which does physical dmg ) Note : pet does chaos dmg

2nd spell

Infuriate

Due to the close bond between master and pet Whenever the pet or the master takes X dmg ( basically dmg for both the master and the pet count towards the TOTAL counter )
They both are infuriated and gain a raise in attack speed by X% ( if this isnt very balanced we got also make it work like beserk where the infuriated will take X% extra damage aswell)

3rd Spell

Fury Of The Wild

This is basically Endurance aura Command aura and Vampiric aura combined into one
I suggest using a custom icon to show the aura

Basically gives X% atk dmg X% atk speed X% lifesteal and X% movement speed bonuses to all friendly units in 800 aoe
(u can also increase aoe through levels if u want)

And Finally the Coup'De'Grace
The Ultimate is

Fury Of Nature

Check it out here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-a-124042/?prev=d=list&r=20&mmr=5&mur=4&c=114 (Credit to the creator)
Basically Instead of this summoning a New elemental guardian This should Combine U and ur pet into a New creature ( terrorblades metamorphosis model is preferred ) This creature would have a few buffs such as increased power of ur spells it wouldnt affect ur 1st spell but it could be such that when ur transformed ur 2nd spell would be permanently turned on and your third skill would have a greater AoE and the vampiric aura would work on you !
and finally for the creatures stats
it should be scaled like this if ur using 3 levels

Level 1 : 1x Hero hp + 1x Pet hp , 1x hero dmg + 1 pet dmg , 1x hero armour + 1x pet armour and the same for atk speed and mana

Level 2 : 1x Hero hp/atkspeed/mana/armour/dmg + 2.5x Pet hp/atkspeed/mana/armour/dmg

Level 3 : 2x Hero hp/atkspeed/mana/armour/dmg + 4x hp/atkspeed/mana/armour/dmg

The scaling should be basically like this 1x hero increase every 2 levels and 1.5x pet increase every level !

I Repeat again this isnt specifically a creature handeler this is basically a hero which revolves around having his Pet for his spells and fulfills his role through this

*Pet must be Alive for Ulitmate to take place

and there u go It is a the creature handler
He is a jack of all trades but doesnt really excel at anything =)

Last edited:
Level 2
And A profession could be Teaching And Runemaster
Teaching : U can learn weaker skills from other heroes and use them urself and u can also pass them on to OTHER teachers therefore there will be an extra spell slot in ur skillset which opens up a spell book for all the spells u have learned

Rune Master : There will be unidentified objects scattered all around the map the rune master can indentify them and then use these runes to modify items with a special given effect =) . But first he will have to enchant it So it can hold the runes
With greater levels enchanting can be done on a larger scale with more slots for runes
and runes could have effects like poison damage critical strike or stat bonuses
That is all =)

Level 14
Note: Rune Master already exists. Teacher would be imba to learn ultimates.
Viper, your hero is... Strange. Creature handler with only 1 creature spell, I don't think so... Anyways +rep. Thanks.

Level 2
I said To learn WEAKER spells therefore counting out ultimates and only being able to learn spells till a Certain level cap

And u can always change the name of the hero
i wanted to be judged on concept of the spells !

Anyway i edited his ultimate with something that seemed more relevant

Level 14
Note#2: You didn't change the ultimate.. And if Teacher works like that, not learning ultimates, it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.