• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lone Panther 2

Well, here it is...finally. Before you watch it make sure your sound and music is on and that they are both set around the same value.

------------------
Very Important!

I have had a few things done by Calipsoid, an old pal of mine and PyramidHe@d. Do not export their work for it is created only for the Lone Panther. A short 30 second fade filter will come after the cinematic but before the credits so read it to know exactly what you can't export.

------------------

Thank you and I hope you enjoy watching The Lone Panther 2 - Confuto Tumul.

Update: The previous version accidentally started at Part B1(in my triggers) instead of part A1 and therefore missed a few scenes and about the first 5 starting minutes so you might want to re-watch this.

Keywords:
Dark, Cult, Sect, Horror, Cool, Sword, Corruption, Story, Awesome, Great, Voice Acting
Contents

The Lone Panther 2 (Map)

Level 24
The project has not been abandoned. It's paused.

The main reason is that I'm waiting for two voice actors to finish with their exams which should be soon. Also, there isn't a point in finding new voice actors as currently I, myself, am busy with school as well and have no time to compress, import and adjust the voices. Hopefully, after the exams end Lone Panther 3 will be out.

Sorry for the wait guys, but school has been hell for the last 2 weeks. Got to pull through.

LP 3 must make the difference!:mwahaha:

Level 4
Well, I'm still new to these things on Hive, even though I am registered on this site for some time, so this is the first time I watch this type of map (Cinematic). It's a good first impresion though. I especialy liked the terrain and models. What I didn't like, is not really map making related (Well it is a little). I didn't like how the voices have been done. They are good quality, but they don't sound real. They seem like some amater actor's voices. You should put more feeling in them because they are the most important in making the movie fun.
That's where the killer lines are from: THIS IS SPARTA
LET`S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE

Level 24
Well, I'm still new to these things on Hive, even though I am registered on this site for some time, so this is the first time I watch this type of map (Cinematic). It's a good first impresion though. I especialy liked the terrain and models. What I didn't like, is not really map making related (Well it is a little). I didn't like how the voices have been done. They are good quality, but they don't sound real. They seem like some amater actor's voices. You should put more feeling in them because they are the most important in making the movie fun.
That's where the killer lines are from: THIS IS SPARTA
LET`S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE

Well,this is the artistic side of mapping,you depose a lot of effort too!

The thing is that a cinematic must impress the viewer for what he sees,I consider it being the hardest type of mapping!

Level 14
The second part had much surprises, obviously, William didn't die (else I'll be sad -,- ) but as I know I remember that Henry says that the last time that he saw William was in Verun, so in order that the story been right William could appear after Henry tells all the story, I don’t know It’s just my opinion. Whatever, other thinks that I want to know is why you used the model of a high elf villager female for the model of Karolina. It was because for make her looks older just like you did with William's hair? I would liked more the same model of she or, well, with gray hair or something if isn't much to ask. The model of the two headed baby looks interesting, why you choose it for your cinematic anyway?

Even if you didn't work so hard for make it as the others maps your cinematic was very cool and you have to be proud for that. My rating for it is 4/5 for the reasons that I write before, you can make better some things but still is a great cinematic.

Can you give me your opinion about by proyect too? http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/ranger-quest-137013/

Last edited:
Level 4
I watched your Lone Panther 2, and I'm disapointed surprised by the results. Hearing all these nice reviews in the chatroom, I thought this was going to be "The Spirit of Vengeance" 5/5 quality, but I was left yawning and moaning at the cinematic.

Some bad things (there were more, but I cannot remember most):
  • You can hear background whispers with Tedesco’s voice, otherwise it would be perfect. (Explained by CMarket, still makes it sound awful).
  • You can’t hit “escape” to quit the cinematic. << Major mistake. (Even though explained by CMarket, I still believe it's a fundamental thing to have in a cinematic, especially single player).
  • Edward’s voice doesn’t match the cinematic, especially because he sounds like he’s in a futuristic marine suit. (Also explained by CMarket, but it still remains as a "bad thing").
  • The animations of Henry are poor, he moves his body up and it immediately goes down. << Minor. (Maybe not such a major thing, but annoying to the eye. Still remains.)
  • See the extra Henry bug? (Fixed, good work).
  • Too much talking and not enough action. It made this cinematic boring. (Explained, but I still believe there should be a balance between the two).
  • Pirate of the Carribean ending... (Discussed with CMarket).
  • Big file size, which was the cause of the abuse of imported stuff. Some of the imported stuff were basically uglier than normal wc3 models/skins. << Minor. (CMarket, I wasn't complaining about the file size specifically, but the poor quality imported objects... which seemed to take up a lot of space compared to their worth.
  • Created in GUI, which is pretty mediocre now-a-days. << Minor. (Explained, but I still believe JASS (see Infrane's Cinematic System) is a must-have for unique cinematic effects.
  • No emotion-spewing scenes. This is what ruined it for me. (Still remains, even though explained).
Good things:
  • Henry’s voice is well done (Kudos to the guy who did it).
  • Terrain, ambience and theme are well done (even though the story-line is vague).
  • The story-line was creative, I will give you that (even though it is... weird).
  • The custom sounds added another dimension to this cinematic.
  • Some nice camera angles.
Right now, I would give it a 2.5/5 3.4/5 4/5 (latest update fixes some of the problems), because of the problems that I see. Fix the bad stuff, and I'll give it a 4.5/5 (since some of these problems are basically unfixable for CMarket, the comment is striked out until, if ever, made true). The cinematic is good, but is not "The Spirit of Vengeance" 5/5 quality.

Well i say its good and i love the way he putted some unit sound in cinematic like in Blizzard Campaigns :)

Level 1
For some reason the thread on the first part of the Lone Panther is closed. What i wanted to express is that, if you're going to use voice actors, make sure you get ones that can actually act, because they totally ruined the whole experience for me. I couldn't stand listening to those voices simply reading the text off of somewhere, not even having the feel of what they should be expressing. I'm not sure if that issue is still present in the second part, but i'll check, I guess. The first part bored me so much i couldn't force myself watch it till the end.

Level 4
This is my opinion for this

The Good Things that I like:

-The ship,It's look good. I like the way you make the bookshelfs as a wall and floor.
-The terrain, the terrain was scary, the green fog and green sky was fit in the Island.
-The scenes, I like most when Edward shot a gun into William by the second time.
-The model, I like the way you remove the weapon of Henry and you attach a gun and the Venificus.

The Bad things that I hate:

-I don't when William dies, his death sound doesn't fit to his voice. I think it will be better if you make a dead voice to him.
-The pirate Lebridge, when he dies, he just standing there and look like nothing happening.

I just notice the name Lebridge, it's on the A Pile of Ugly
And the date when you upload this, the upload time of this is 2008 but the "The Lone Panther 1" is 2012.
But this is really nice cinematic. Your really a nice cinematic maker. I'm a fan of you.

DMCan said:
nice but, why the name is The Lone Panther if the panter appers only one time?

I would agree with that.