• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lich King

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I am happy to present you my first map on which I work for a long time.

In this map, you go to fight against the icecrown citadel and his bosses of the Saurfang Deathbringer to The Lich King. You have to beat all the bosses to fight The Lich King. You have eight classes but you will need a healer to cure the dragon Valithria and alone it will be a little bit difficult but I hope that you are going to take fun of it.

I used the model of Kwaliti for The Lich King, thus I give him credits.

I do not authorize the modifications of this map and if the owner of the credit asks me to remove it then I will.

Sorry for my English:(:(

Continuation has numerous advice and sensible remarks, here is a more corresponding version has your requirements. The orc-turret have been replaced by a obelisk who can shooting, the Ghouls are more powerful,the first boss is a little weaker and i replace all the French by English.

Substandard
Previews
Contents

The Lich King (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Strategy/Risk tag doesn't fit. 1. Don't play music through the sound channel. Use the other Play Music trigger. 2. A lot of things in French. 3. Orc melee turrets? They even attack with their backs. 4. Because of the locked camera it's sometimes hard...
deepstrasz
Map filename is in French. Also, unit names (Wisps, hero unit names) and team/player names. The Priest doesn't have hero glow. You could add one: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling Frozen Obelisks have 400 range. Ranged heroes can destroy it...
Level 6
Okay sorry if you hear this
This map is big pile of shit honestly
Triggers are bad Keep spawning ghouls even when the drake is healed
Shop doesn't provide you with anything
First boss is strong like hello?
and ghouls do no dmg theres no point of putting them in the first place
As of the terrain simple/classic
No special items
no tomes no real good shop no quests
Entering a region keeps spamming instead of Just spamming it ,TURN IT OFF!
Ghouls attacks webspinners when spawned
doodads can be destroyed? WHATS THE POINT OF THE TRIGGER IF IT CAN BE DESTROYED!!!

My rate -3/10
Sorry but improve your map then upload it.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Strategy/Risk tag doesn't fit.

1. Don't play music through the sound channel. Use the other Play Music trigger.
2. A lot of things in French.
3. Orc melee turrets? They even attack with their backs.
4. Because of the locked camera it's sometimes hard to see what ranged heroes attack and what attack them.

Overall, a pretty simple map.

Set to Substandard.

======================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 2
Strategy/Risk tag doesn't fit.

1. Don't play music through the sound channel. Use the other Play Music trigger.
2. A lot of things in French.
3. Orc melee turrets? They even attack with their backs.
4. Because of the locked camera it's sometimes hard to see what ranged heroes attack and what attack them.

Overall, a pretty simple map.

Set to Substandard.

======================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Thanks for your help, i'm actualy repairing my map but i don't know how to change for the music and i have no idea for the camera, i can shorten the range attack of all units. I changed the orc-turrets and they are now obelisk who shooting and I am replacing French by English.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. Map filename is in French. Also, unit names (Wisps, hero unit names) and team/player names.
  2. The Priest doesn't have hero glow. You could add one: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  3. Frozen Obelisks have 400 range. Ranged heroes can destroy it without any problems. They can shoot through/over walls. It's called frozen but does not freeze/slow.
  4. The frost traps don't deal any damage. They're just eye candy.
  5. You can attack Rotface while it can't reach you because of the slimes. You let them attack a hero that is being healed or has a Mask of Death and the ranged heroes attack Rotface. The same with Festergut. To avoid this, either make the slimes much stronger or make the boss appear after the slimes are defeated or when all heroes are in the boss' region while locking the place until the boss dies.
  6. Professor Putricide isn't undead (which means you can use Death Coil on him) and his unit name is also Professor Putricide.
  7. The Feu is hard to select/click/attack. Selection circle issue.
  8. You've set Blood Prince as the hero names instead of the unit name for those Blood Mages.
  9. There's no gear from enemies, only what you have at the start and from that useless shop. Gold is also not gained by killing.
  10. Ranged heroes/units can still attack things that aren't on the screen. I suggest setting the camera view from a bit higher.
  11. After level 10, heroes just level up. You could add triggers to augment the spell damage based on hero attributes or something.
  12. Enemies don't have impressive spells.
  13. They don't follow you. You can run and regenerate and then turn back and even drag few by few to kill them.
  14. Creatures aren't too diverse.
  15. I healed the dragon and it just disappeared instead of standing to help or something.
  16. Drakes are not undead. Even the bigger one is called Blue Drake. That drake's chaos attack is stronger than Syndragosa' piercing and it also is immune to magic.
  17. Text about portal to Lich King being opened in French.
  18. Why not a nerubian boss on the way to the shop?
  19. Arthas/Lich King is not undead...

Why would a Priest have Death Coil? Also, his hero icon is that of the Blood Mage.
Anyways, I've played solo with the Priest and beat the game easily.

Level 2
  1. Map filename is in French. Also, unit names (Wisps, hero unit names) and team/player names.
  2. The Priest doesn't have hero glow. You could add one: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  3. Frozen Obelisks have 400 range. Ranged heroes can destroy it without any problems. They can shoot through/over walls. It's called frozen but does not freeze/slow.
  4. The frost traps don't deal any damage. They're just eye candy.
  5. You can attack Rotface while it can't reach you because of the slimes. You let them attack a hero that is being healed or has a Mask of Death and the ranged heroes attack Rotface. The same with Festergut. To avoid this, either make the slimes much stronger or make the boss appear after the slimes are defeated or when all heroes are in the boss' region while locking the place until the boss dies.
  6. Professor Putricide isn't undead (which means you can use Death Coil on him) and his unit name is also Professor Putricide.
  7. The Feu is hard to select/click/attack. Selection circle issue.
  8. You've set Blood Prince as the hero names instead of the unit name for those Blood Mages.
  9. There's no gear from enemies, only what you have at the start and from that useless shop. Gold is also not gained by killing.
  10. Ranged heroes/units can still attack things that aren't on the screen. I suggest setting the camera view from a bit higher.
  11. After level 10, heroes just level up. You could add triggers to augment the spell damage based on hero attributes or something.
  12. Enemies don't have impressive spells.
  13. They don't follow you. You can run and regenerate and then turn back and even drag few by few to kill them.
  14. Creatures aren't too diverse.
  15. I healed the dragon and it just disappeared instead of standing to help or something.
  16. Drakes are not undead. Even the bigger one is called Blue Drake. That drake's chaos attack is stronger than Syndragosa' piercing and it also is immune to magic.
  17. Text about portal to Lich King being opened in French.
  18. Why not a nerubian boss on the way to the shop?
  19. Arthas/Lich King is not undead...
Why would a Priest have Death Coil? Also, his hero icon is that of the Blood Mage.
Anyways, I've played solo with the Priest and beat the game easily.

I don't know how to change the camera, i have try to put a hero glove to the Priest but this doesn't work. A lots of other things have been correct.