• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Kingdom of Kaliron 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Generally do the same thing as Reason to remember my codes. But after I take the screen shot I type the code out and put it in a word document, save it in a draft in my e-mail, or put it in my profile on WC3 with a title above it so i know what it is when a game returns a year later or i rediscover it again. Shame I can't load old stuff but that means I'm being forced to start over and have fun. :D

Well done, however is there anyway for me to find the achievements in the quest log or do I just have to do something crazy and say 'Hey loot!'? Anyway, looking forward to new dungeons so my brothers and I can 3 man them. Any chance of me getting a rough estimate as to when that will be? No is an acceptable answer since blizzard's policy is torture (curse their 'its done when its done' >.< but their games are generally excellent :/)

Last edited:
Level 1
This map is tons of fun! However, i probably wouldn't bother trying to solo, i don't think broodmother can be killed alone (i'd know...) :p
If you play alot of LAN with friends, hop and skype and work as a team on this map, most fun i think i've ever had in a long time playing WC3 :D
keep up the good work!

Level 18
I think the broodmother is unkillable with an Hydromancer solo level 10. I gave all those details to know if it's normal and that I just have to play with other players to deafeat it, if yes this is sad because my hero is a solo hero :(

Level 11
rather large complaint.... for some reason both my friend and my code did not work... we both checked like 5 times =/

do not do this: -load mycode

TKoK works this way:

"-load" push enter

"MyCodeGoesHere" enter

then your hero will load, common mistake some people make

Level 11
Singleplayer codes won't load in multiplayer games, this includes lans played with only 1 player. At least it did for me.

Level 2
Summary of what I said in the entire reply for those of you uninterested in reading my examples that demonstrate or lead to my point, because its a long post and I'm afraid I did dodge around a bit:

1. No difficult with loading codes for 3 people, 5 different codes a piece
2. Lower case 'i' looks a bit to much like a 'l' in a screen shot at least when taken over water in game
3. Wondering: Do caps in your account name affect load a code if you saved when the capital letters weren't there?
4. Opinion: Narith ice phase ice block is not noob friendly as the frost zombie fight trains you to think of ice block = stun. Possibly fix by making this clear in his text when he casts? (see paragraph 4 for line i think might work to make it clear) Changing this is mot necessary if figuring it out is part of the challenge of ice phase.
5. Narith lightning and poison phase overly difficult?
6. Not sure why poison was problematic, maybe the orbs, only a chance for them to spawn plague clouds or what?, anything besides orbs of plague cloud to poison phase seems less than the others, possibly because the box has the nasty effect infected wound?
7. Lightning Narith difficult because race against time? If not it may be too difficult in my opinion.
8. Narith channeling something to make sure you don't take too long to kill boxes? If so doesn't appear to be working as I ran back while brother stayed in fight by healing only with minor difficulty from infected wound. Possibly I just beat the clock on running back? Unless intended perhaps don't allow re-entry before complete death of the party?
9. Thank you all for an exciting, challenging, fun, boss and map :)

It seems that many people keep complaining about the codes :/
You better check save/load system again..

Maybe we've been lucky so far, but me and my brothers have probably successfully loaded at least 5 codes a piece and we haven't found any problem that wasn't user related. No problems with a different version only using the wrong account name or mistaking an i for an l. By the way a lower case 'i' looks A LOT like an l, maybe it was because the screen shot was against the water but we had to zoom in to tell the difference. I don't know if that's really a problem but it can be annoying at least with a blue background.

It just randomly came into mind and I would like to know: Would your ability to load a code be affected if you saved it while on an account like, 'bob_example', and then tried to load it when your account name was capitalized like, 'BOB_EXAMPLE', or any differences in the combination of capitals and lower cases in your account name?

Moving on. (man I feel strange typing these large replies while everyone else only uses a couple lines or maybe a paragraph) I would like to mention that after fighting frost zombie (Can't remember his name) you kind of start thinking of an ice block surrounding your character being an annoying stun. When you move on to fight Narith and have the frost phase this can lead to a bad experience. When he comments on it being too cold for someone and throws the ice block on them you kind of just think its a stun. The ice block repeatedly got us killed as we though we had to get through the phase or something to stop it. Eventually we figured out we needed to kill it but I feel it wasn't very obvious that we had to.

Perhaps you could make it a bit more obvious that it needs to be destroyed by changing the comment to "Looks like you're stuck there, Carl, until your friends save you... If they can!"? Or something else at least to indicate it. I wouldn't say throw it out as I do enjoy the challenges in the fight but I think something should be done to make that a bit more friendly to new players. This is just my opinions however, if figuring that out is part of the intended challenge then so be it. I suppose that might be why its also closest to the door so you might figure that out first, at least after the first attempt as people will probably try and attack the boss first.

I also found the lightning and poison phases to be extraordinarily difficult. I'm guessing lightning is supposed to be a race against time and as well as very deadly if you don't finish it up fast enough. Poison I'm not really sure what was killing us, I'm guessing it was those flying green orbs. Do those only sometimes spawn plague clouds? And is there anything else to poison phase besides the orbs of plague cloud? Or is that all because the poison box has that nasty effect infected wound on its attacks?

I also noticed that supposedly Narith is channeling something while you are killing the boxes. Is he supposed to enter VX mode if you take too long? I died and my brothers beat Narith untill the spirit was forced to leave him. Then they just waited for me to run back. During that time my brother had some difficult keeping himself and my other brother alive because the poison box was alternating infected wound on the two of them. It wasn't too difficult just to wait for me to get back though. Are you supposed to be able to just sit around and wait or did we just manage to beat the clock? I can see that as being rather exploitable.

Well made boss fight, quite challenging and thus enjoyable none the less. (shouldn't have summarized before finishing, typing fragments, arg) Man I feel sorry for making anyone read all this, but I guess that's why I thought i should make a summary up top, thanks for spending the time reading all of it if you have. Well I hope my comments are at least helpful in some way. Once again looking forward to next version, thanks for making the map all of you :)

Last edited:
Level 8
The forst phase stun imo doesn't need any clarification as there's already a health bar that shows up for it and people should be able to figure it after 2 or 3 casts. About Lightning, its not a dps check phase and you have all the time you need to kill it. Its just that Lightning requires the most organisation and movement to avoid the 2 Spells.

The Endless Chain Lightning is Avoided when everyone gets 500 range away so it can't jump on anyone to continue.
The Lightning Storm is avoided by going under the storm cloud he summons, this way you take no damage. About Poison, the only thing you should do is avoid the Gas Clouds at any cost, they are just too deadly.

Hope I helped.

Level 17
I am pretty dissapointed on how KoK has become. I really hate on how there's only like 7 heroes and I hate the trigger where the enemy becomes full health & invincible when you run away. You can't Guerrilla. The maker should have did really high regen and no invincibility at least but oh well. I guess I won't play KoK now.

You dont wanna play the map becouse they make units heal when the run away?
If they wouldent get healed, you could just play chicken style and cast, run away, cast, run away, over and over on mini-bosses etc to kill them, making it less challanging.

And i think i readed that one more hero will be unlocked in the next version, aswell as adding much more content in the game.

Level 4
And there really is no need to hit-and-run when you play the map the way it's supposed to be played, that is, with an actual party and not by yourself.

Clan RPGs @ Northrend

Clan TKoK @ Azeroth

The above channels are some venues you could explore if you're looking for a non-public game of TKoK.

Level 2
The forst phase stun imo doesn't need any clarification as there's already a health bar that shows up for it and people should be able to figure it after 2 or 3 casts.

There's a health bar that pops up over them? o_O Maybe it just doesn't show up for me as a phantom stalker (at least in 3.0.2b) or are you talking about holding down alt or some setting in the wc3 options that I haven't found and don't often look at? I suppose it could be my computer not wanting to show the health bar as my computer is dieing slowly :/

It also appears that there are all sorts of ways to avoid stuff in the lightning phase if you know how. I guess the question I should really ask is are players supposed to figure these things out for themselves?

Last edited:
Level 11
It's just like any fight in any MMO.

They give you the boss, but don't tell you how things work, players figure it out for themselves, then share the info on forums / IRC / youtube with videos, whatever.

The unfair advantage to some is the fact that some of my private testers get to know the inner details of a fight because I run the ideas past them. So they get to know how things work and how its supposed to be. Not to mention if I am in the testing game, I explain how to do the fight =)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Never get a dragon, a cat and a wolf to do a mans job! (just kidding please do not take this seriously).

You need to use items effetivly as well as choose the right team inorder to do well in this map. All players must also be good WC3 players (does does not mater if its their first time, as long as they understand wc3). You have to use the melee to tank it while DPS try and kill it and cleric / palidin heals (if you did not have one you should have remade). Next everyone should be under a enhancing potion effect, they may only be temporary but remember that is lasts a long time and is a buff which throughout your whole team can up your effectiveness by 5% atleast. Make sure your team is fully equiped with all slots used that you can buy items for, 1 armor or 1 damage here does push the battle more in your favour. Half the team must be placing healingwards for the tanks if critical or struggling and the other half needs to be smoke bombing the spider in the same situation (as it greatly weakons to a degree). All members should have pots ready, with DPS heroes having mana so they can constantly cast spells, mages likewise and all tanks having HP incase a heal is delayed to prevent death. When the eggs spawn get the tanks to tank any minions and focus on killing the eggs, then focus on the minions to prevent being swamped. AoE moves are important, never forget as they can hit both eggs and spiders at the same time killing two birds with one stone. Following this he should be a pushover.

If this does not work, get 1-2 high levels to come in (preferably with tanks as their agro will be nuts) and you can not lose!

Lol y today i played with Lore-Wolf and 2 other guys, i and lore were clerics and the other 2 were pyro and soldier, i don't remember this class's name XD We made it and we even killed everything in the temple :D
Edit:lol we played tkok again and lmao we couldn't get past the first elemental zombie XD We tried it 15 times. Also the dungeon look's really ugly, sorry to say but a new layout would be better with a new tileset.

Last edited:
Level 1
i like this map verry much, its fun :D too bad i can never find a "non leaver" game, so i can never get a multiplayer warrior over lvl 2 -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.