• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Kingdom of Kaliron 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
attachment.php

The Kingdom of Kaliron has returned to its former glory!

That's right, the Crimson Creations team is back with the return of TKoK 3.0.

What is new in 3.0?

• Hero overhauls and remakes as well as new heroes
  • Threat System to allow tanks to control the mobs better and protect the party
  • Stat and Substat system revamp
  • Brand new Inventory / equipment menu coded from scratch to suit our needs better
  • Talent trees for every hero with base abilities, improved effects, and hero bonuses
  • Terrain improvements in all the zones as well as many new areas never seen before
  • Scripted mini boss events so they now actually are mini bosses
  • Many new boss fights and each fight with its own bonus mode of challenges for those that seek harder game play.
Many many more updates that would just take forever to explain... So why not download it and join the fun?

Project Page, Full news article / patch notes / more detailed data here

Hiveworkshop.com has renewed our hosting and the forums are now once again active here

You can download the map here

3.0.2b_Inventory.jpg

3.0.2b_SubStats.jpg

3.0.2b_Talent_Tree.jpg

Attachments

• TKoKHiveBanner.png
    TKoKHiveBanner.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 265,497
Level 17
I was playing this last night :D

TKoK is quite possibly the best ORPG map ever made for war3 :)

I "played" it aswell.
Well, i never made a character, but i did talk during the entire game :p
actually, i plan to play the map today, the reason to why i didnt play it yesterday was like i said, i was playing another game at the same time.

And yeah, it looks awesome ^^

Level 18
Ok it just looks amazing, gonna test it now.

EDIT:
First bug: I can't enable the music back.

Comment #1: Imo Dodge and Critical floating text looks weird and dont fit with the atmosphere.

Questions: Why are there red lines besides unit ? To display life ? If yes it dosent decrease.

Level 11
Ok it just looks amazing, gonna test it now.

EDIT:
First bug: I can't enable the music back.

Music will re-initialize when you change zones after turning it off, same for the Fog

Questions: Why are there red lines besides unit ? To display life ? If yes it dosent decrease.

Threat vs the highest target, it's solid red when you have the mob's focus

Last edited:
Level 11
the desync problem is being worked on, it has something to do with one of the enemy abilities. We are testing the patch that should fix that right now.

As far as game lag, thats all dependent on the people you play with + your computer specs. This game is a bit taxing on your CPU and def pushes WC3 to the limits of what it can handle

Level 11
the map fully loaded just in the starter town runs about 309mb, as you play more and load more enemies, abilities and areas, it will increase to about 350-400mb, so 256mb of ram will def kill you =)

Level 11
3.0.3 will prob include close to 25 new quests with many new mini bosses, events and things to unlock.

Look will be harder to get after Nairth the Fallen, however. No more easy free epic items in Normal mode.

Also going to start including the Unique Items we talked about which are very low chance drop items with special properties not found normally on items

Level 2
3.0.3 will prob include close to 25 new quests with
Look will be harder to get after Nairth the Fallen, however. No more easy free epic items in Normal mode.
items

I never got too much into coding but is there a way to make items only spawn on the harder difficulties? cause i know some maps you run through on "very easy" get all the items of power and then hard becomes easy as well.

Level 2
hey, where do you guys play? i search all over bnet servers and even garena! there is just no one hosting it

edit: btw, is there any guides? and is solo training better since exp gained is much faster?

Level 18
Towns are well did imo.

Comment #1: Imo Dodge and Critical floating text looks weird and dont fit with the atmosphere.
Do you plane to change it ?

Level 18
But can you save/unsave solo players to re-play solo with them ?

And what did you do to the real "Save Game" function ? I can't save the game anymore !

Level 2
@ pyrite

i meant like playing on your own , but not on single player mode

edit: free to play now??

Level 8
You can Save/Load in Single player but your code will work only in Single Player.

Level 2
is there's always a codewipe on every version?

i cant use 3.02a code on 3.02b
same for 3.02b for 3.02c

Level 11
No, there was no code wipes since we moved out of beta. The Beta codes will NOT work with the live versions either

Level 4
Great! The DotA of WCIII RPG maps have returned just when you least expect it but then again, NO ONE EXPECTED THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Level 7
Great! The DotA of WCIII RPG maps have returned just when you least expect it but then again, NO ONE EXPECTED THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

of course no one expected SPANISH INQUISITION

back on topic happy to hear tkok is back
and i always had a bug with codes
(even yesterday when i played it)
so its bad
very bad
im lost
very lost

Level 11
If only they could be stored, then the Achievements would be worth doing, but that would make the load code even longer

Level 11
oooo, I totally read that wrong!

Eh.. space is getting tight in the map as it is so we decided against that for now.

All the talent / inventory backgrounds, icons, and item icons take up a lot of room

Level 6
this is gonna sound stupid but i can't get my codes to work

i saved offline but i also load offline.

i don't know wether to include the - 's

and finally... how do you guys remember the code? ( i write it down on stickies but i may get the things mixed up.

Level 15
this is gonna sound stupid but i can't get my codes to work

i saved offline but i also load offline.

i don't know wether to include the - 's

and finally... how do you guys remember the code? ( i write it down on stickies but i may get the things mixed up.

Just take a photo of the code...press Print Screen...

I have a different problem...the map always crashed at about 95% of the loading time...when the bar is almosted filled,i always get a critical error something about .mpq ...really strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.