• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Hosted Project - The Kingdom of Kaliron!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I am glad to announce a new hosted project here at the Hive Workshop, The Kingdom of Kaliron.

The Kingdom of Kaliron is a save/load RPG designed for multiplayer. Plunge into the kingdom of Kaliron as you aid the struggling townsfolk in rebuilding and securing their land from the war with Qual'Xel only to uncover a grim secret.

You can find the new forum Here.

Level 24
I must say that it finally came,a good RPG at the hosted projects.I will check it out daily,be sure of that.

Bob,this appears all the time
XWBWm1391415-02.jpg

I must say that it finally came,a good RPG at the hosted projects.I will check it out daily,be sure of that.

Bob,this appears all the time
XWBWm1391415-02.jpg

Umm... better screenshot please? I think what you're showing is that the image is broken. That's because Bob hasn't assigned an icon to it yet. :p

Level 14
As cute as it is to keep improving on the old map equations, I really wish people would start to think outside of the box a little more. This is bloody 2008, after all.

Level 34
Really glad to see this back up and running. If anyone is interested, Craka_J has a clan for this map on East server.

Level 8
I still miss Phoenix_VII older projects.

The terrain is mega awesome in TKoK, I wonder if it's still him who did the terraining... Because he's an awesome terrainer as far as I know, see the Voyage 1, 2 and Cinematic Tri-X.

Level 2
Ah.. Lets kill TBR (The Black Road(Retarded RPG)). :)

TBR = Most popular RPG in Bnet history, so good luck with that.

If you guys wanted to host a good RPG all you had to do was ask. But alas, someone beat you to it.

That being said, I'm a fan of all ORPG's and I want to see this one do well. Being the only RPG regularly played on BNET is great but it's a lot of pressure to keep upping the ante and making better and better maps. More RPG's mean more blood in the genre meaning more innovations in gameplay to make all our maps better.

And lastly, no one knows the work it takes to make an RPG like the people who make them. So hats off to all the contributers to TKoK... your misery has company!

Level 13
TBR = Most popular RPG in Bnet history, so good luck with that.

If you guys wanted to host a good RPG all you had to do was ask. But alas, someone beat you to it.

That being said, I'm a fan of all ORPG's and I want to see this one do well. Being the only RPG regularly played on BNET is great but it's a lot of pressure to keep upping the ante and making better and better maps. More RPG's mean more blood in the genre meaning more innovations in gameplay to make all our maps better.

And lastly, no one knows the work it takes to make an RPG like the people who make them. So hats off to all the contributers to TKoK... your misery has company!

TBR is hardly that. It sux, lags and its full of leaks. There has been massivly more popular rpg:s and better ones.

Level 2
TBR is hardly that. It sux, lags and its full of leaks. There has been massivly more popular rpg:s and better ones.

Riiiiiight. I didn't post here to argue and frankly, there is nothing to argue about. You can not like the map all you want but denying it's popularity just makes you look like you don't know what your talking about... which, frankly, you don't. If you want I'd gladly point out all the falacies in your post but like I said I posted here to encourage the TKoK folks.

End of discussion.

Level 14
FatherTime said:
Riiiiiight. I didn't post here to argue and frankly, there is nothing to argue about. You can not like the map all you want but denying it's popularity just makes you look like you don't know what your talking about... which, frankly, you don't. If you want I'd gladly point out all the falacies in your post but like I said I posted here to encourage the TKoK folks.
Your ad hominem approach to discourse is hardly an improvement over what you so hypocritically disdain in that other guy's post. Legitimately, though, it is very much the case that TBR is the most popular RPG currently (Tenth most hosted map on battle.net by my count), but certainly not of all time. You are free to be proud of your own work, and really, you should be -- But don't get full of yourself.

You should take your position as its creator seriously and respect others making quality maps that may even be better than yours. Besides, if someone makes a better map than yours, it gives you a damned good reason to keep improving your own work. You should seek such betters to your work, it is only through them will you eventually create anything worth something.

Level 7
Besides, if someone makes a better map than yours, it gives you a damned good reason to keep improving your own work. You should seek such betters to your work, it is only through them will you eventually create anything worth something.

Agreed. Just like Tomb of Jarahcon seems to be better than your and KR's Obsidian Depths. Both maps are surprisingly similiar, ToC is much more finished, though. Wonder if it's a random convergence or something else ;P

About TKoK. Visually it's wonderful, but I don't really like the gameplay. Monotonous hack&slash. But it stands out in this genre, there are people who enjoy those maps, so maybe it deserves hosting, if we look at it from this side.

Level 14
A finished, released map is always better than even a higher-quality, unfinished map.

To be totally fair to TKoK, it's the only actively-made WC3 RPG I could sit down and enjoy for an hour. That says a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.