• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Halo Wars Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HALO WARS Campaign:

Making It Count

Introduction:
I am thinking of making a Halo Wars short campaign in the near future (which is why I've submitted this in the Idea Factory).
It will be 5 missions long, though these missions will become longer and more difficult.
It shall be called 'Making It Count' and I already have the story in my head. It will explore the world of Halo and the emotions and aspects of the UNSC.

Overview:
Making It Count is a campaign about the everyday sacrifice and struggle of the UNSC Marines.
You won't be controlling any SPARTANS, but an elite team of ODST(Orbital Drop Shock Troopers)s known as Helljumper Squad - 023 Magna-Sierra (or just Magna-Sierra).
You follow their conflict on the harvest planet of Solstice, during the year 2544 (19 years prior to the end of the war), when a crash-landed module attracts the Covenant Cruiser, Undying Devotion.
The protagonists are:

Helljumper Squad - 023 Magna-Sierra
Sergeant Gregory Mavericks - Sgt. Greg Mavericks is the leading man, a cunning tactician, and one of the bravest men in service.
Corporal Damian Walker - Corp. Walker is 2nd in command, and is an invaluable scout and loyal officer.
Private Broderick Hollows - 'Brody', as his friends call him, is the team's demolitions expert, and carries a deadily SPARTAN Laser.
Private Collin Peaks - he is the team's initial sniper, and plays a minor role in the campaign

UNSC:
Ground Control - Headquarters of the expedition base
Colonel Valiance Williams - a Colonel who orders MSS (Magna-Sierra Squad) to investigate the crash-landed object

Missions:
Not including interludes;

1. Magna-Sierra - search for a mysterious crash-landed object

2. Something Big - eliminate the Covenant and investigate the object

3. On the Other Side - explore underground whilst defending your base

4. It's Just Glass - survive amidst the terror, then avenge the fallen

5. Making It Count - take the ultimate sacrifice to make it all count

Gameplay:
Gameplay will obviously vary between missions, from simple build-a-base to trying to keep your men alive. You train/control your soldiers the traditional way, however there will be a squad and building system similar to that of Halo Wars'. You only get to control a base in 2 levels however, as most of the missions are solo.
In missions that require you to control a base and build, you gather resources periodically from certain buildings you can construct on preset building plots. There are no requirements as well, it uses the same Tech Level system in Halo Wars, in which you must build a specific building(s) to raise your Tech Level to gain access to new units\upgrades.

Well, it's just an idea. Have a good read. I look forward to making it in the future.

Last edited:
Level 5
Well actually the war started in 2525, 2552 was simply the year Reach fell, installation 04 was discovered and earth was invaded. You said:
Overview:
You follow their conflict on the harvest planet of Solstice, during the year 2544 (19 years prior to the start of the war), when a crash-landed module attracts the Covenant Cruiser, Undying Devotion.
The war was already on then.

Other than that it's actually a pretty good idea! Although since you mentioned solo missions and a sniper... maybe you could expand on his role and have like a sort of "assasination" mission?

Status
Not open for further replies.