• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Halo Wars[Demo is out]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! Just announcing that the new game Halo Wars has just released a demo on xbox live!So if your a fan of Halo and have xbox live this demo is worth it!

Demo contains
-basic and adv tutorials
-2 or 3 campaign missions
-skirmish
-Sorry multiplayer not available in demo

I got the demo like 3 days ago and i give it a 4.5/5 because you cant zoom in enough.
And the textures for the xbox when you zoom in max on the units they dont look like they should...

Note:Halo Wars is an RTS if you dont like Halo or RTS please exit this thread

[Discuss?](Talk about Halo Wars in general or the demo)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The Xbox 360 will not be able to produce RTS that look as good as they do on modern PC's as it lacks RAM. Unlike PCs which have multiple gigibytes of the stuff (modern PC have atleast 1 GB for graphics and 4 for any programs (not even counting the RAM already used))m, the Xbox 360 has only a few hundred megabytes. Although this beats the Wii massivly, it can not store as massive or as detailed environments as the PC can. To top this, the PCs can now get better than 360 hardware at afordable prices so in the end, any RTS games that do appear will not have as much potential as if they were made for the PC and odd graphic bugs might occur where they took shortcuts.

Level 34
Not to mention that mice and keyboards are way better for RTS. It isn't even comparable.

Level 34
So people that only own console can play them? It doesn't mean they can't be good games, or enjoyable, they just aren't as good as playing them on PC.

Level 12
I Dled this, and I acually liked it. It intoduced another step in concole games, but if they relase it with this insanly dumb AI, then I wont get it, becuase so far all it does is attack with a hand full of units and I counter with 2-3 deployed and training elephants and win every time. So I'm rating 3/5 because the AI is just horrible

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Coolty44, AI is not everything. If you want an AI challenge, play against cheating AI in a proper strat game. There you stand near no chance as they not only know your every move, but also have an advantage over you.

The AI will probably be below average thou, as the do not think a consol running a RTS that is meant to be next gen like without some cut backs. Also if the AI was smart you would have problems due to them having an advantage at moving and microing.

Level 12
Well its not that I dont like it, but I do think it could be improved alot more then what its at right now, because so far I've only noticed about 2 diffrent strategies employed by each race.
Ex: the prophet only rushs or attacks 2-3 minutes in to the game, and pretty mush stops there, and the armie is so small that i can take it with 3 spartans with the minigun upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.