1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Great Deku Tree

Submitted by Zerox
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is the Great Deku Tree of Kokiri Forest. He's the one who gives Link the Kokiri Emerald. I've been told its not that bad of a model. But meh I personally think its an epic failure texture wise. The untextured mesh looked so much nicer in milkshape. T.T Anyway here you go. If anyone has any advice for improving it I would appreciate it.

This model only uses In-Game Textures. I think thats part of its failure in the stretched texture looking aspect. XD

So for those who don't know who/what it is here's what he's supposed to look like:

[​IMG]

Update: Now has Morph and Morph Alternate animations for his mouth to open and close properly with movement.

Update 2: Okay so I randomly decided I wanted to fix this today. So I redid the tree top and in my opinion it's much nicer looking. I also tried adding the fairies around it but it's a quite complex effect. So instead I just removed everything but the fairies from the Fountain of Health and I'm uploading it as this model's portrait model. It's not really the portrait though. Just take the fairy effect and make it a doodad with no pathing. Then you can can place it over the center of the Deku Tree and the effects will work just fine.

Keywords:
Zelda, Ocarina, Time, Link, Spiritual, Stone, Ganondorf, Kokiri, Emerald, Item, Gem, Video, Game, Legend, Zerox, Deku, Tree, Great
Contents

The Great Deku Tree (Model)

The Great Deku Tree (Model)

Reviews
02:47, 14th Apr 2009 BlinkBoy: just add a morph animation and perhaps some particles. Rejected until updated. 16th Apr 2009 General Frank: Still not all updates done. - Add particles - Add a death animation 24th Apr 2009 Pyritie: Changes...
  1. 02:47, 14th Apr 2009
    BlinkBoy: just add a morph animation and perhaps some particles. Rejected until updated.

16th Apr 2009
    General Frank: Still not all updates done.
    - Add particles
    - Add a death animation

24th Apr 2009
    Pyritie: Changes not made, resource rejected.

DonDustin: looks fixed to me.

2. Verhalthur

Verhalthur

Resources:
    Tools:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The world tree texture is Doodads\Ashenvale\Structures\Worldtree\WorldTree256.blp

3. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    lol it must be weird hearing the tree telling you to go inside him D:
    Anyways, it may be a simple mesh, but it's well wrapped for using ingame textures. :p

Edit: Dang. D: I thought she removed that D: (world tree texture)

4. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Alright updated now so he can open and close his mouth properly.

5. FullScale

FullScale

Resources:
    Resources:
    "nom nom nom," went the tree

6. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I dont like the textures! They are freaking ugly.

7. Champara Bros

Champara Bros

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I agree but you used best texture just change UV Mapping and it will be fine,and add it a nose and it should be excellent.O and add eyebrows and mustache,your model dont have those so that is why you think it is bad

8. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you like weed and other medical drugs plus you are into mapping, I suggest this model.

Zerox, the model in overal is good, the filesize is also good, you used ingame textures. What I don't like is it's kinda weird looking. I suggest you improve it a little bit since you still got plenty of space.

9. redragex

redragex

Resources:
    Resources:
    omg lol, it's the giant scary talking tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice work

10. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Make it use World tree textures :)

11. KKRP

KKRP

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool.

Hehe.

12. HailFireer

HailFireer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its nice. Also funny ^^

13. Hargoth

Hargoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You know, the texture actualy looks very similar to the one the Deku Tree actually had in the game, so it matches it very well. 9/10 in reality, but since i only have 5 itll have to be 4/5

14. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool, the deku tree.

But it would be really nice too, if there was this shiny rain and some fairies around the tree as in the game, and also there should be some more leafs and details, because i tested it ingame with the actual size of the deku tree (around 40 meters maybe=?^^)
    Its not detailed enough for this big object in my opinion. An animation with falling leafs, as when he dies would be great too.

Please take this as constructive criticism, because im not good at modeling, but i know something about zelda.

15. PrisonLove

PrisonLove

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah, perfect. Now I have a spawn point for my enemies in my Kokiri Arena map.

16. Wreaper

Wreaper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice Work ! i like Zelda and the other guys. :infl_thumbs_up:

17. Vampire_Elder

Vampire_Elder

Resources:
    Resources:
    It seems to be good work, but this face looks a bit ill...
    it would look better, if you take this infections from the poor tree...

18. Wreaper

Wreaper

Resources:
    Resources:
    :an: Vampire_Eldel the tree is always ill he will die! :an:

19. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Explain more. Anyone desiring to have particles is free to edit it and add them as I'm not sure how I would do it for him.