• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Gathering Wind AOS, NEED HEROS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is an AOS I'm revamping. It was made in 2002, with a great idea, but poorly made heros, units, and triggers.

so I've been revamping it. As of now, it SHOULD be playable, I'm sure there are still some issues, but the unit systems seemed to be working fine, so its time to move into getting custom heros.

There are 5 teams of 3, Each team has 1 computer and 2 players.
Each team is allied with his neighbor, but is enemy of the two opposing teams.
Its a race to defeat the two opposing forces

When a hero dies, You can no longer use them (Rez ankhs/abilities excluded).
You keep picking heros until you run out, if that happens, the player is defeated.

Players also get to build an army. They can use funds on equipping their hero, or building their army spawn. They do this by picking a race.
There are currently 3 alpha races.
So each team can have 2 different races or the same race if they choose so.

Instead of building the heros myself, I decided to get some from the community. I will trigger the abilities that other people can't or don't want to, I just need design templates.

We aren't using hero attack or armor, instead we are taking attack and armor types based off what units look like

Below, the paladin uses siege, because he holds a hammer. He is also using heavy armor because he is in full platemail

Some more examples - Pandaren uses siege because he has bashing weapons, wears light or unarmored because hes pretty much in a robe.
Blademaster has slashing damage because he has a sword, uses unarmored because hes running around in shorts.

Heros max out at level 20, but each ability, except ultis can go up to 20, allowing players to spec their characters how they wish

This paladin can do full holy light for massive heals at level 20 or he can do 10 levels in armor buffs, and 10 in holy light

EXAMPLE

Unit Name - Thoggdar Lightbringer

Unit Type - Paladin

Unit Model - Human Paladin

Attack Type - Siege

Armor Type - Heavy

Inherent Ability - Group Heal, Heals 100 hitpoints to friendlies in a small radius

Ability 1 - Holy Light - 20 levels

Heals for 50 hitspoints or deals half that to undead

Increases 50 damage per level

Ability 2 - Devotion Aura - 15 levels

Adds 1 armor to nearby units

Increases by 1 armor per level

Ability 3 - Divine Shield - 15 levels

Shields the unit for 5 seconds

Increases 2 seconds per level, cooldown increases by .5 seconds per level

Ultimate - Ressurection - 5 levels

Ressurects 5 fallen nearby units, giving th paladin control over them

Increases by 3 units per level.

Background story (Optional, would be great if ya could)-
Extra Specifications - The paladin has a fire orb effect around his hammer

Don't worry about triggers or etc, just design a kick ass hero, I will help where needed if you have questions or issues.

Email to [email protected] or PM me on these forums.
Any feedback or bugs are useful as well.
========FORM============

Unit Name -

Unit Type -

Unit Model -

Attack Type -

Armor Type -

Inherent Ability -

Ability 1 -

Ability 2 -

Ability 3 -

Ultimate -

Background story (Optional, would be great if ya could)-
Extra Specifications -

Credited to - (Who you want this credited too)

Attachments

• The Gathering Wind 1.12A op.w3x
    130.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Level 8
Unit Name - Kelen the Destroyer

Unit Type - Phyromancer

Unit Model - Blood Mage

Attack Type - Chaos or Magic

Armor Type - Unarmored

Inherent Ability - While active reduce life regen, increase mana regen

Ability 1 - Phyrokineses
Deals damage to units in a area. Also deals damage per second those effected

Basically flamestrike. Reduced AOE. Increased damage and reduced duration. Maybe use the Doom explosion thang for FX. Each level in phyrokineses increase damage of wake of fire by 5%

Ability 2 - Wake of Fire
Where you run you create a wall of fire, dealing damage. Each level in wake of fire should increase phyrokines duration.

Ability 3 - Master of Inceneration. Wake of Fire deals +15%. additional damage Phyrokineses has a increased cast range (+150) and reduced cooldown -10%.

Ultimate - Flaming Retrebution. Randomly create cast Phyrokineses around the caster.

In my above example you can replace the master of Incenartion effect that it rather grants a edited version of burning oil. Like lit area on attack. Please feel free to edit the number and stuff. Also you need to spend quite some time testing since he could easely be imbalanced.

Level 6
Unit Name - Kelen the Destroyer
Unit Type - Phyromancer
Unit Model - Blood Mage (Will find a more pyromancerlike skin if possible)
Attack Type - Magic
Armor Type - Heavy

Inherent Ability - Heated Blood
While active reduce life regen, increase mana regen
Reduces 25 life per second for +100% mana regeneration

Ability 1 - Phyrokineses - 10 levels
Deals damage to units in a area. Also deals damage per second those effected
Level 1, 100 damage, 3 seconds
+25 damage, +1 duration per level
Caps out at 350 damage, 14 seconds

Ability 2 - Wake of Fire - 10 levels
Where you run you create a wall of fire, dealing damage.
Level 1, 10 dps, 2 seconds
+5 dps, +1 sec per level
Caps out at 60dps, 12 seconds

Ability 3 - Master of Inceneration - 6 levels
Wake of Fire deals and PyroKineses deal additional damage.
(Not sure if I can do this, will get back to ya)

Ultimate - Flaming Retrebution - 5 levels
Randomly create cast Phyrokineses, based off of trained level, around the caster.
Level 1, - 2 pyrokinesis shots
+1 shot per level
Caps out at 7 random pyrokinesis shots

I'm not worry about much balance, once the guy dies he is gone.

I edited it to match my ability creation skills. Let me know if its suitable and I'll begin working on it, because I'm not sure if I'll be able to do what you specified.

Level 8
Sorry about not replying. Hopefully you did add the hero. I gave the concept of the hero to you. You may use it how you like. Also... the reason on taking so long to reply is ... well... my reply never posted for some reason. If you still need ideas of some kind i"ll be glad to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.