• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some Spell Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, i would appreciate if someone could help me out with showing me how to create these spells through triggers.

It would be super helpfull and hopefully a good opportunity for me to learn abit more about creating custom spells =)

+rep will be given and credits too

The Highpriest creates a barrier around an allied that protects against both physical and magical harm, it also heals while the barrier is active.

Ability Type: Single Target
Range: 650
Cooldown: 8
Duration: 8 sec
Shield Absorbation: 100%
Buff: Heavenly Barrier

Lvl 1 - 250 Damage absorbation, 25 hitpoints healed per second
Lvl 2 - 400 Damage absorbation, 35 hitpoints healed per second
Lvl 3 - 550 Damage absorbation, 45 hitpoints healed per second
Lvl 4 - 700 Damage absorbation, 55 hitpoints healed per second
Lvl 5 - 850 Damage absorbation, 65 hitpoints healed per second

The Highpriest smites his foes with light so pure it both burns and blinds them intensely.

Ability Type: Point and cast, AoE
Range: 800
AoE: 250
Cooldown: 15 sec
Miss Chance: X
Duration: 5 sec
Debuff: Blinding Light

Lvl 1 - 20 damage per second, 16% chance to miss an attack
Lvl 2 - 25 damage per second, 20% chance to miss an attack
Lvl 3 - 30 damage per second, 24% chance to miss an attack
Lvl 4 - 35 damage per second, 28% chance to miss an attack
Lvl 5 - 40 damage per second, 32% chance to miss an attack

The Highpriest creates a pillar of light so powerful that when standing beneth it you cant help but to feel completely presumptuous, abolishing all forms of fear.

Ability Type: Point and Cast, AoE
Range: 650
AoE: 400
Cooldown: 60 sec
Duration: 10 sec
Buff: Pillar of Light

Lvl 1 - Heals 45 hitpoints per second within the light
Every 4 second it bursts out a Holy Light on every hero within the light
Lvl 2 - Heals 55 hitpoints per second within the light
Every 3 second it bursts out a Holy Light on every hero within the light
Lvl 3 - Heals 65 hitpoints per second within the light
Every 2 second it bursts out a Holy Light on every hero within the light

(Holy Light is another healing ability and Pillar of Light is supposed to use the current level of Holy Light on each hero under it's duration)

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Check out the map I attached, it has all 3 spells. Hopefully they're bug free/leakless/MUI. If you plan on only having 1 Hero cast these spells in your map then I may have gone a bit overkill. I designed the spells with MUI in mind which may over complicate them.

Also, note that Pillar of Light isn't my best work, I got a bit lazy and instead of using an Index Recycler I threw in some janky workaround. But as long as your map isn't total insanity the spells should all perform well, it's just that Pillar of Light can be made more efficiently and I feel bad using it as something to learn from. I'll probably edit it and re-upload once I have some more time.

Final note, I used the Paladin's Holy Light spell (which can't target units at full health) as the spell that Pillar of Light will cast every few seconds. So if the effect doesn't go off then it's probably just because the unit is already at full health.

Maybe someone else can check out the map and mention some possible improvements.

EDIT: Uploaded v.2. Fixed some critical bugs. Changed Blinding Light to use Silence instead of Drunken Haze for the miss chance.

Attachments

• Holy Spells Uncle v.2.w3x
    75.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I saw that your triggers are a lot more configurable which is nice. That and the effects look good.

Question, what's the difference between DamageModifierEvent 1.00 and 4.00? I noticed you use 4.00.

And I did notice some small bugs that you might already know about:
Blinding Light buff is called Blinded and has the wrong icon.
Pillar of Light has a 0.01 second follow through time and disables other abilities. I don't think this is necessary. "Disable other abilities" is a Pause which can cause problems.

Last edited:
Level 5
wow, you guys are Amazing =)
I will study these triggers carefully and hopefully i will get a better understanding of how to do these kind of triggers on my own in the future.

Can't thank you enough =)

+rep and you will get credit for these spells in my map

Level 24
@Uncle
>what's the difference between DamageModifierEvent 1.00 and 4.00? I noticed you use 4.00.
"To interact with damage after it's been factored for armor and resistances, use "DamageModifierEvent Becomes Equal to 4.00". This is typically useful for custom shields. If you fully block or absorb DamageEventAmount (setting it to 0 or less), this event doesn't run." - Damage Engine, How to use (Tab)

>Blinding Light buff is called Blinded and has the wrong icon.
I feel it gets the point across much quicker; the icon is in the same thread of thinking.

>Pillar of Light has a 0.01 second follow through time and disables other abilities. I don't think this is necessary. "Disable other abilities" is a Pause which can cause problems.
as a stup- superstitious world editor user, 0.00, and many other values spook me.
I believe that unit that cast it will continue to channel if not told otherwise, (never bothered to test it since it's only 0.01)

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
@Devalut
DamageModifierEvent:
Ah, so I guess it's up to what Phuq wants. Personally, I think a balanced shield would absorb damage PRE-reduction, otherwise the shield becomes incredibly overpowered when stacked with armor and other resistances.

Blinding Light Buff:
Yeah, I just get nit picky about making things match for consistency. The icon might conflict with another spells icon or buff... Not a big deal though :p

Pillar of Light Ability:
I use Channel-based abilities all the time with 0 follow through and no disable, never had a problem. Pauses are bad news.

@Phuqinhell No problem. It's good that Dev and I both uploaded somewhat different examples. My approach has less configuration but is a bit more simplified where as Devalut's has a lot more configuration but at the cost of more variables. Either way I hope these will help improve your triggering skills!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.