• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Forest Hills & The Long Way Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, these are my two latest terrains, I used a lot of custom lighting in them, in The Long Way Home, I discovered a better looking fog.
Enjoy.

1. The Forest Hills, inspired by MadseN's terrain
2. The Long Way Home, a terrain just inspired by a thought and the awesomeness of lights and boats mixed
3. The Forest Hills - Small Scale, a smaller scaled, more detailed picture of the path winding through the Forest Hills

Attachments

• The Forest Hills.jpg
    The Forest Hills.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 258
  • The Long Way Home.jpg
    The Long Way Home.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 277
  • The Fores Hills - Small Scale.jpg
    The Fores Hills - Small Scale.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Level 6
AH! It burns!! Those are very, very good, but those bamboo looking plants don't fit. I would use a different plant model. The lighting is very well done and amazing! You are doing some amazing work Bel, keep it up. + REP

Level 3
Awesome! But id like too know which the little tree model is. and the grass whick is that? +REP

2-P

2-P

Level 8
First shot looks really good.

But there's way too much lightning in the second shot IMO. Where the hell does all the light come from? o_0
There's a difference between spamming light models and awesome use. >.< Some of the ships look really weird since you can't even distinguish the sails and the water anymore.

Level 34
It's a world lit by a pure white light.

Much much too bright. Never seen a day that bright before. Tone it down and it will look a lot better.

Level 34
Belgarath, you are probably a better terrainer than I in general. You should have made something better than the river you used for the challenge.

It's the barrens and the abre models. Gilles, I learned how to do better lighting after that challenge, so ya....

Firstly, added a small scale, detailed shot of the Forest Hills path.
Secondly, challenged Void.
Thirdly, the lighting is supposed to be bright and blinding. Picture 2 was focused rather on the ships, and the light with white water made them look great and way sharper, IMO.
Fourthly, when you have a piece of sky sticking out, unlighted, then you'll want to light it up, but then you have to make that blend in, which makes brighter lighting. At least, to me.

Oh, and also, when you want to add in a sun, bright and awesome, it's just a big white blob, blended in with the lighting. Eating away mountains can be done easily with that.
Btw, not HT's, but another one I took from an older UTM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.