• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deep Forest / Forest Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
1. Forest Home - a home on the edge of a forest, might be the forest of no. 2. The person who lives there might be dead.
2. Deep Forest - rather quick terrain, of a deep forest, as obviously seen. Might be the forest seen in no. 1.
3. Deep Forest II - updated version of no. 2. Same description too.

Attachments

• Forest Home.jpg
    Forest Home.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 516
  • Deep Forest.jpg
    Deep Forest.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 4,499
  • Deep Forest II.jpg
    Deep Forest II.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 655
Last edited:
Level 36
I dont even like high res pics and i love them both! What the hell Mech, the second one look awsom... But if you meant that it could've looked better thats true, but you cant say it dont look good! It does, only, it has more potential if you add like bushes and so on, like Naiden said :p

Level 34
Boo, high-res, boo.

The last one looks nice. I like it. Although it is rather plain.

Level 11
I like the second one, best. It looks like a secluded dark forest. It reminds me of fairy-tales. Adding more environment just makes it look like a regular forest. Which isn't bad but I prefer something new like the second one.

Level 28
Hmmm.... I think the 2nd is better then the 3rd. Here is why:

1) Forests like that usually don't have many rocks/flowers/stuff lying on the ground.
2) The 3rd pic has too much stuff. It gives me a "polluted" feeling to the pic.
3) Due to the lack of things at the 2nd one, it is easier and better to take a look at it. I meant that it's clean design give us a relaxing feeling, and when looking at the 3rd one, the feeling is broken due to the stuff!

Well, very nice terrain, and I liked the way you used the height tool!

Level 34
It's an opinion, and that's what we'll leave it at, no need for flaming.
Yes, I do agree that sometimes the doodads look bad - sort of ... papery.
There was no flaming.

To me, most of the textures just look bad. Not realistic at all. Some look good, but especially the tiles look bad. That one dark grass tile looks worse than most wc3 ones.

Level 6
I tell ya' Belgrath, if anyone is to do Wc3: Oblivion, it is you. You do some very good hi-res terrains. Reminds me a lot of Morrowind, those last 2 do. Keep it up!

Level 1
1. Forest Home - a home on the edge of a forest, might be the forest of no. 2. The person who lives there might be dead.
2. Deep Forest - rather quick terrain, of a deep forest, as obviously seen. Might be the forest seen in no. 1.
3. Deep Forest II - updated version of no. 2. Same description too.
3rd one is my choice

Status
Not open for further replies.