• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Exile to Silvermoon

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: syponis and CMarket
I made this campaign because I have no other resources to show for on my profile, so I decided to make something short, fast, entertaining, but at the high quality of all my maps. I worked on it for about two weeks yet it is still very good. Because of time and seasonal parts of the campaign I had to release it earlier then I liked, but I am going to add an expansion level to include the entire blood elf tech tree to tier 3.
The story line explains how the elves in world of warcraft return to Quel'Thalas, in order to retake what was theirs. The events of the campaign occur after the third war, but before the Burning Crusade's Release. Note that the levels become harder as they rise.
The Best Part Is The Ending Cinematic, after you win, which credits the people who have resources in my map through a (WMV) Warcraft Music Video... fun to watch

UPDATE: Gave the blood elf's Sun Upgrades for ranged units and increased visual aspects, edited character speech, added creep camps, increased difficulty

Realize that all custom models and icons in the map are not mine:
Kitabatake
Callahan
Jigrael
Crazy Russian
Tranquil
Illidan(evil)x

NOTE: READ THIS VERY IMPORTANT,
If you recognize your model in my campaign please alert me, I may have made a mistake, I will change the credits right away to include your name, after you give me the name of the model that is yours

Keywords:
Blood Elf, World of Warcraft, Campaign, Halloween, Undead
Contents

The Exile to Silvermoon (Campaign)

Reviews
12:54, 23rd May 2009, by Rui: Horrible quality campaign. Way too rushed. My rating is 1/5 (Unacceptable) and the status is Rejected. A detailed review can be found on comment #16.

M

12:54, 23rd May 2009, by Rui:
Horrible quality campaign. Way too rushed. My rating is 1/5 (Unacceptable) and the status is Rejected. A detailed review can be found on comment #16.

Level 14

Bugs and Classification

- This map has a valid author and is classified in the correct type and category.

- This campaign has no major bugs as far as I can see. It does, however, lack a few DISBTNs and some tooltips aren't showing what they are supposed to.

The Review

- You lack proper tooltips for some hero spells. Make sure you modify the spell description and the spell learn description. You also lack DISBTN icons for the main hero, the girl hero and the two spells the main hero has(that mana regeneration and sword slash thing).

- The terrain in this campaign is above average. You really made nice tile variation and you added height variation. The only problem is that it lacks doodads(especially in the first map).

- All the spells the hero uses, except the sword slash, are default boring warcraft 3 spells.

- There are a few creep camps that are nicely designed, in the spirit of warcraft's main campaign.

- The voice acting sucked. Not only were the sounds of low quality but they sounded robotic, having no natural dialogue flow or emotions. Microsoft Sam?

- The story is good. I believe there isn't a campaign that explains how the Blood Elves suddenly appeared as a faction. Nicely done.

Overall
- A campaign that has a few minor errors, has horrible voice acting but, in turn, nice terrain and a good story. However the campaign is currently in Alpha stage and cannot be approved.

My Advice
- Improve your terrain by adding more doodads and making random mini environment sites(such as the elven tower surrounded by benches.

- Customize the rest of your spells and make them triggered.

- Fix your tooltips and add DISBTN icons.

- Increase the difficulty a bit, it's pretty easy to pass the campaign at it's current state.

- Add optional quests. It's boring to stick to a linear story with only 1 quest.

- Improve your voice acting. It's really annoying at this point.

- Add more maps before releasing it. Most commonly Alpha versions aren't allowed on the site.

Score
- The campaign at this point is something in between useful and lacking. 2.5/5. However, as alpha versions of the map aren't allowed this map will probably be set to reviewed and then rejected if no update is made for a few months.

An update is going to be released soon
And about the sound I realized that but its not like I can now just make level 4 have no characters talking at all.
Give me some feed back on the ending "thriller" credits too

BTW its not bad for 2 weeks of work... I had to make the deadline by last night on Halloween not easy to do

Last edited:
Level 5
in the first map, you can just windwalk past the undead to the harbour. and in the second map. whel quel meats saili. the movie trigger does not turn off, so if you walk there again you have to watch the movie once more.

Level 3
The first custom campaign with voice acting I've seen. Nice work. I'm just trying to make my own voice acting, but my voice is HORRIBLE! LOL

Well, if I could rate I should give you 4.5/5, as the tooltips and DISBTNS are not in good state and the barracks can be placed anywhere (try putting it a Buildable-pathable only).

Anyway, still good (I was making a sequel to Kael's campaign where I told the story of an admiral that was betrayed by Kael, and the reborning of the sunwell, but that had to be posposed).

See you around,

Level 5
I'd give my self a 4. The voices sound too robotic at parts, and its very easy to beat. As such I'll be releasing an expansion to the campaign, were I add another actually difficult final level, and add a non-halloween cinematic... Hope you like it
WTF you wanna give yourself a 4? i did this campaign in something like 15 min first map ww past those undead ones with hero chapter to just wait a little amount of time to get units then go focus destroying murloc main base and last map just go destroy main base there that is how i won
edit: okay that might be a little harsh what i said but still you should have worked lots and lots more if this was supposed to be fun at all

WTF you wanna give yourself a 4? i did this campaign in something like 15 min first map ww past those undead ones with hero chapter to just wait a little amount of time to get units then go focus destroying murloc main base and last map just go destroy main base there that is how i won
edit: okay that might be a little harsh what i said but still you should have worked lots and lots more if this was supposed to be fun at all

Soz, I'll try to improve its just I released I tried to rush to get this campaign so I could at least have one resource on the hive.... I'm going to make it better but I'm too busy with working on my other campaigns which are a lot better then this one. Anyways, at least you gave feed back whether it's negative or positive. :thumbs_up:

Level 4
Abit of a boaring campaign not much added from the origanal game but the ending was agreat "Thriller" :D i would recomend as said before Fixing the spells to be more interesting and prehaps fixing the slashing spell for it seems to still have the forked lightning animation wich kind off ruined it for me and prehaps makeing the second hero you get abit more Interesting it could use some better more custom units and models there are loads in the model section of the site simply search for blood elves/High Elves and you should fine a amaseing amount of expertly made models but apart from all this it was a very good campaign keep it up!

Last edited:
Level 3
I didnt mind the campaign. But i have to admit it was rushed and not checked over. You should have had people test it and let you know the bugs to fix. The spells werent that great and didnt work properly. Btw i would rather read the dialog rather then listen to steven hawking talking. Its a not to bad story line but a bit more effort could have been thrown in. I know you said it was rushed to be completed but some stuff should have been fixed. Like the farms being able to be built on top of each other and on the first lvl for some reason i could walk through the trees. The campaign idea was good but could have used another couple lvls thrown in, but then again you said you were rushing it. I wish there were some different units then the same old ones for your footmen and rangers. I liked the end cinematic with Mj's thriller for the music. I would definatly like to see more campaigns by you but just with more effort on the small things and voice acter or no voice acter. I would have to rate this campaign as a 3.5/5

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review on The Exile to Silvermoon by Shadelord

The Exile to Silvermoon is a campaign by Shadelord. It is a theory of how the Blood Elves reconquered Silvermoon after their Prince Kael'thas's departure for Outland.
This campaign has no difficulty setting.The first thing we come across when playing The Exile to Silvermoon is the voice-acting. Both the hero and the swordsman's voices seem to have been done by the same person. That, or these two people have really close voices. Judging from the description, the first might be the correct assumption.The fact the cinematic starts with no black screen and jumps right in might also be worthy of noting.Starting the game, you realize there are no custom voices on the heroes, and those you heard on the cinematic are quite different. It sounds bad.
Moving on, I must say Shadelord must be one of the few people who actually knows how to use the ground tiles of the Lordaeron Summer tileset. The only downside I found was that it was a bit tight. I don't remember seeing any elevation either.
You come across a few creeps after you start. Two Ogres that drop a Circlet of Nobility. A too powerful item for such an easy creep camp.
The player soon finds a Gold Mine, which contains enough gold for a base camp to be justifiable. On the process of construction, you realize the author left all the bugs that came with the original object data: High (Blood) Elf buildings, such as the High Elven Farm and High Elven Barracks, do not respect pathing maps, and as such, you can place them over other buildings and even on trees.The buildings' button positions don't seem to be properly set either.
If you haven't realized yet, the quest that shows has no objectives, just a description.Once you get to the port, your mission is complete. I didn't try to use the hero's Wind Walk ability to sneak through. It appears the Undead had True Sight, but still, the skill allows you to walk through units, and with over 600 HP, it's not very hard to pass through unchallenged.
Next mission, you realize your ability buttons are not set, and the items you acquired on the previous are gone. The conclusion: the creator did not use game cache, an essential and indispensable feature of a campaign.
Plus, there are a few minor problems such as the AI ordering wounded units to retreat (which usually doesn't happen on this type of game), the main hero's icon not having its DISBTN (disabled) version properly set and constant grammar mistakes.
All in all, an indeed VERY rushed campaign. Having more resources on your profile is not good if all of them are of this quality.My rating for this resource is 1/5 (Unacceptable) and my vote goes for its [highlight]rejection[/code].

The Exile to Silvermoon is a campaign by Shadelord. It is a theory of how the Blood Elves reconquered Silvermoon after their Prince Kael'thas's departure for Outland.
This campaign has no difficulty setting.The first thing we come across when playing The Exile to Silvermoon is the voice-acting. Both the hero and the swordsman's voices seem to have been done by the same person. That, or these two people have really close voices. Judging from the description, the first might be the correct assumption.The fact the cinematic starts with no black screen and jumps right in might also be worthy of noting.Starting the game, you realize there are no custom voices on the heroes, and those you heard on the cinematic are quite different. It sounds bad.
Moving on, I must say Shadelord must be one of the few people who actually knows how to use the ground tiles of the Lordaeron Summer tileset. The only downside I found was that it was a bit tight. I don't remember seeing any elevation either.
You come across a few creeps after you start. Two Ogres that drop a Circlet of Nobility. A too powerful item for such an easy creep camp.
The player soon finds a Gold Mine, which contains enough gold for a base camp to be justifiable. On the process of construction, you realize the author left all the bugs that came with the original object data: High (Blood) Elf buildings, such as the High Elven Farm and High Elven Barracks, do not respect pathing maps, and as such, you can place them over other buildings and even on trees.The buildings' button positions don't seem to be properly set either.
If you haven't realized yet, the quest that shows has no objectives, just a description.Once you get to the port, your mission is complete. I didn't try to use the hero's Wind Walk ability to sneak through. It appears the Undead had True Sight, but still, the skill allows you to walk through units, and with over 600 HP, it's not very hard to pass through unchallenged.
Next mission, you realize your ability buttons are not set, and the items you acquired on the previous are gone. The conclusion: the creator did not use game cache, an essential and indispensable feature of a campaign.
Plus, there are a few minor problems such as the AI ordering wounded units to retreat (which usually doesn't happen on this type of game), the main hero's icon not having its DISBTN (disabled) version properly set and constant grammar mistakes.
All in all, an indeed VERY rushed campaign. Having more resources on your profile is not good if all of them are of this quality.My rating for this resource is 1/5 (Unacceptable) and my vote goes for its [highlight]rejection[/code].

Well, I gues I see your Point :)

It is rushed and I didn't really spend much time on it. Thanks for spending the time to review it, and giving me good constructive feed back. Your review was helpful, but don't expect me update this one for a while. This campaign has served the purpose I needed it to. It doesn't matter to me now, if it gets rejected or not.