• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exiles of Numenor

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Straze
Greatings to all in the Hive.I'm Theoden[KoMe] an ex shaman-member-cheif of clan KoMe which has been disbanded about 1 year ago by me :p.I work in map since then.Here is a fun made campaing about the war at Numenor at the 2nd age of Middle Earth.

This map follows the path of Elendil and his family from their homes at Numenor to the Exile and the new Colonies at Middle Earth.This campaing isnt finished yet because i have to borrow internet to upload it .... :p

This campaing concluds 11 maps which are 3 cinematics and 9 playable.
Heroes:
Elendil
Isildur
Elendur
Menedil
Ar-Pharazon
Amandil

and more....

Have fun and im so sorry because i havent gave credits to noone.But i thank the hive and its members for all this turtorials,models,skins and icons i used :p

Keywords:
LOTR,2nd age,exiles,numenor,elendil,Theoden
Contents

Exiles of Numenor (Campaign)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 09-Jul-13 (12:56:08) Critical Errors: -> Map presentation is poor or missing. -> Map interface and overall graphics are of low quality. -> Excluding script, everything about...

M

Moderator: -Kobas-
Date: 09-Jul-13 (12:56:08)

Critical Errors:
-> Map presentation is poor or missing.
-> Map interface and overall graphics are of low quality.
-> Excluding script, everything about your map must be presented in English language.
-> Everything about your map has already been seen and was often better created.
Useful Links:
-> The Important Site Rules.
-> You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps.
-> Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section
-> The Important Site Tutorials.
-> If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource Moderation.
Personal Comment:
-> Story is really bad. You ruined J. R. R. Tolkien masterpiece.
Map Status: Rejected

(1/5) Unacceptable

Credits are kind of a must. This looks like fantastic work, but you may not get approved without proper credits. I don't want to see that happen. Also, you should post some screenshots. Screenshots are optional but they greatly increase the likeliness that a person will download or review your maps. I understand you might have some internet issues, so I vote that this remain pending (or approved if a moderator so desires) because Theoden might not get a chance to be online as fast as some of us.

Also, your preview screen looks bad - low resolution. Try to find a high-res version of that image. It would look much better.

Well I played this and was getting a bit excited about playing a Lotr campaign. I wasn't let down per say but I found it a bit lacking.

1. The spelling and grammar stand out quite a bit:
ur - our
u - you
campaing - campaign etc

You should also have 2 spaces after a full stop. It makes it look cleaner and more spaced out. Also this doesn't look to good either !?!?!?. You should only use an exclamation mark or question mark not both and certainly not spammed.

2. Terrain. It is all right but could use a bit more direction to it. If you want you can look at my maps and terrain to get the idea.

3. Hero spells. You really should put a proper a description for them based off of the Blizzard ones as a base line standard.

4. Quests, triggers and cinematics. These need to be improved drastically. You should try to read as many tutorials as possible when you can and learn to create proper Quest requirements etc that work. I'm also able to start some cinematics twice through an easy glitch that anyone can do. I also destroyed the base in the third mission with just my heroes even though you were supposed to go to the docks. It is easily difficult that is what I'd put for the description.

I haven't listed everything as I didn't play through the entire campaign but there is a lot of room for improvement and polishing. This is your first map as far as I can tell and it shows promise and is quite good for such a start with some things that most new map makers can forget but please improved everything suggested in order to get this approved. Legal_Ease made a good point about the description it is a must; you have to give people the respect for making the models that they deserve.

Overall 4/10 mediocre with potential to be much higher and very good.

Have fun and im so sorry because i havent gave credits to noone.But i thank the hive and its members for all this turtorials,models,skins and icons i used :p
Please make a credit list containing used models, skins, icons and other stuff such as systems, it's in the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/beta-rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/

Also, make a better description, and add screenshots. Use http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/map-description-generator-1-2-a-224558/ for easy description making.