• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Looking for old LOTR Numenor map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi,

I am looking for a LOTR map that starts in the second age of Middle-Earth and the map has chronological events--from the sinking of Numenor to the creation of Arnor and Gondor.

I have tried looking at makemehost, epic war, and also the archives wc3 search but no luck. There are plenty of Lotr Second Age maps, but this one was unique (and old).

The game had about 10 or so players these were:

Red - Numenor / Umbar / Numenorian Colonies
Blue - Elendil / the faithful, eventually becomes Gondor
Teal - Elves of Western Middle Earth (Rivendell)
Purple - Elves of Eregion (eastern middle earth).

Pink - Nazgul / Goblins
Gray / Light Blue - Haradwaith / Rhun
Brown - Mordor

These colors aren't exact but basically those were the slots.

Red/Blue started on the island of Numenor in a civil war. Basically you had to evacuate the island before it sunk while fighting your enemy off. Over time the good Numenorians would acquire new cities (Gondor and Arnor). And when Sauron's spirit returned to Mordor, Red would switch sides and fight for Mordor. Also Red had various human heroes who over time became nazgul (er-marazor champion of umbar).

The ships on the map were flying (this was before Frozen Throne or development of aquatic like ships) and so could pass over anything (a common strategy was to dump your army into Mordor to take out Sauron).

There were also many islands featuring "screwedya Hermits" or "Dark wizards." The dark wizards were acolytes with frost nova, death coil, and a few other spells. They joined anyone who found them.

Does anyone remember the name of this map, or where I could find it?

Can provide more information if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.