• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The endless capabilities of the Galaxy Editor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
WoW amazing how they produced a 2.5D arcade game from many years ago using the 2010 to be released game SC2...

Honestly a 2.5D side scroller aint that impressive. All it is showing off is that SC2 has better input interface functionality over WC3. People could have done that in WC3 if it was not for the fact that WC3 input interface functionality was near non existant.

WoW amazing how they produced a 2.5D arcade game from many years ago using the 2010 to be released game SC2...

Honestly a 2.5D side scroller aint that impressive. All it is showing off is that SC2 has better input interface functionality over WC3. People could have done that in WC3 if it was not for the fact that WC3 input interface functionality was near non existant.
Actually, it's still considered 3D. A 3D Sidescrolling game.

Level 11
Its 2D... 3D is when you can move in 3D world. Here you cant.

You are basically moving in 2D world. Forward and backwards. And sometimes you can move, closer and further.

This can be made by Wc3 yes... I seen it. Seen better maps in Wc3 than have been made in SC2 till not.

Also I noticed few limitations in SC2 editor, where Wc3 editor was more powerful.

I hope SC2 editor can handle and support more features than Wc3 editor. Coz otherwise custom mapping in SC2 wont live so long. And players that arent playing SC2 melee will turn their back to SC2.

But Melee is impressive. Wc3 melee is shit compared to SC2. Its really hard and immersive.

Level 11
Its 2D... 3D is when you can move in 3D world. Here you cant.

You are basically moving in 2D world. Forward and backwards. And sometimes you can move, closer and further.

This can be made by Wc3 yes... I seen it. Seen better maps in Wc3 than have been made in SC2 till not.

Also I noticed few limitations in SC2 editor, where Wc3 editor was more powerful.

I hope SC2 editor can handle and support more features than Wc3 editor. Coz otherwise custom mapping in SC2 wont live so long. And players that arent playing SC2 melee will turn their back to SC2.

But Melee is impressive. Wc3 melee is shit compared to SC2. Its really hard and immersive.

Concerning 2D I refer you to this post:
2.5D is a map with 2D gameplay but with 3D graphics.

Eg sonic 4 is going to be 2.5D. Sonic 3 and older were only 2D. Sonic unleashed is 3D.

Concerning the Wc3 editor being more powerful then the Sc2 one, just relax, its still in beta. Wait to critisize that aspect untill all the features are in full swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.