• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

why do so many people call the editor galaxy editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Because you can edit the galaxy, as in WC3 you could edit the world.
Joking, that's just how it is, if you don't like it, don't get SCII.

Level 1
I call it Galaxy Editor because everyone called it Galaxy Editor... Also i think the Blizzard guys called it like that and the scripting language is called galaxy...

Level 5
scum edit = starcraft ultimate map editor.

As mentioned before, in Warcraft 3 - you could edit a World. Hence, WorldEdit.

In Starcraft 2, you can create galaxies, hence Galaxy Editor.

I think the fact that it is called Starcraft 2 Editor - might just be something to do with it being Beta. Or, that's just what it was called at first.

It is (also as mentioned) Galaxy - the scripting language which makes Starcraft 2 do what it does.

Level 19
scum edit = starcraft ultimate map editor.

As mentioned before, in Warcraft 3 - you could edit a World. Hence, WorldEdit.

In Starcraft 2, you can create galaxies, hence Galaxy Editor.

I think the fact that it is called Starcraft 2 Editor - might just be something to do with it being Beta. Or, that's just what it was called at first.

It is (also as mentioned) Galaxy - the scripting language which makes Starcraft 2 do what it does.

SCUM Editor stands for StarCraft User Map Editor. Custom games in StarCraft were named User Map.

Level 8
Uhm why is the data editor called data editor not just editor? Why is world editor not just caleld editor? Why is 3ds Max not just caleld Model Editor? Besides does it really matter? Its like naming your product, asme way starcraft 2 isn't called strategy game 2, sounds really bad.

Level 8
Galaxy sounds better. Besides, you can make multiple planets even though their not really planets, more like flat rocks but it doesnt matter. The point is how it sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.