• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

why was the starcraft 2 editor help zone change name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Not when the editor program is called "StarCraft II Editor.exe" or "SC2Editor.exe".
This was very different from WarCraft III where the editor was called "World Editor.exe" or "worldedit.exe".

I understand that Blizzard originally called it Galaxy during development but I cannot find any reference to that name inside the editor.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
the fact that it is called galaxy editor help zone is actually quite annoying so i might have to stay away from the starcraft 2 part of the forum if it stay that way.
Kind of a drama queen move that would be.
Fine, I'll rename it back to StarCraft II Editor Help Zone, inside the StarCraft II category, paired with StarCraft Discussion and StarCraft II Tutorials, to deal with StarCraft II editor problems, as mentioned in the description.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Fine, I'll rename it back to StarCraft II Editor Help Zone, inside the StarCraft II category, paired with StarCraft Discussion and StarCraft II Tutorials, to deal with StarCraft II editor problems, as mentioned in the description.
You forgot to mention that it all is moderated by the "StarCraft II Moderator" and is part of a WarCraft III and StarCraft II support site. At least if you wanted to say StarCraft II a few more times.

Galaxy is the scripting language used by StarCraft II. It was originally going to be the name of the whole editor but for some reason it was renamed to the StarCraft II Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.