• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Elemental Clash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
The Elemental Clash

Map creator: Darth_Revan-83

Map description: A Capture the Flag-style map, featuring up to 10 players. As of version 1.04, there are 13 characters to choose from, and 4 gameplay modes.

Map progress: Released (Version 1.04). 1.05 in progress.

Features:
- A host of unique, complex heroes. With a limited level cap for heroes, but 5 abilities per hero, each with up to 8 ranks, there are numerous possibilites for different strategies.
- Capture the flag gameplay, with several twists. Traditional capture the flag requires the players to just bring the flag to their base to score, while the Elemental Clash gameplay (version 1.05) require players to hold the flag a set amount of time to score.
- Quick game mode allows very short games to take place, when players have limited play time.
- A simple upgrade system that allows players to customise their items so that they appear tiered to their character specifically.

More features to be implemented later...

More info:

The map's gameplay has been enhanced and made signifficantly more elaborate as of version 1.05. Capturing the flag will require players to hold the flag in their base a set amount of time, in a kind of the hill-style gameplay, and the map will also include AI that comes into play even in multiplayer games.

Some heroes may be more fun, and more complex than others, but overall, each hero is balanced enough (with any ability combo) to be able to kill any other hero 1 on 1. The in-depth character and ability descriptions should be more than sufficient for any player to be able to customize character gameplay to their taste.

Next version progress (1.05):
- Concept: 100% DONE
- Triggers: 65%
- Units: 15%
- Abilities: 10%
- Misc: 50%
- Terrain: 100% DONE

Final word:

This map was never meant to be a technical or visual masterpiece, and as such, it shouldn't be judged with such expectations.

Credits for the map are way too numerous for me to note here, you are free to download the map and check the credits in the F9 quest menu for yourself.

I thank each and every person who's material I have used to create the map. It was through their imagination that I managed to stimulate my own.

I have made this post specifically for constructive criticism towards the map. Imagination is the foundation of creation.

I will deeply apreciate any and all criticism and help, crediting accordingly.

Below you will find screenshots for the map, and a download link for the latest version of the map.

Elemental Clash 1.04 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_122608_165634_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_122608_165634_01.jpg
    687.9 KB · Views: 97
  • WC3ScrnShot_122608_165803_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_122608_165803_02.jpg
    955.9 KB · Views: 78
  • WC3ScrnShot_122608_170116_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_122608_170116_03.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 75
  • WC3ScrnShot_122608_170533_06.jpg