• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Capture the Flag] Clash of the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Clash of the Titans :

[RAINBOW]I would like to present my current Capture the Flag project:[/RAINBOW]

182286-albums2897-picture62552.jpg

Sky Flag
182286-albums2897-picture63624.jpg

Simple terrain
182286-albums2897-picture63625.jpg
Sky side buff
182286-albums2897-picture63626.jpg
Forest Flag
182286-albums2897-picture63627.jpg
Forest Flag taken
182286-albums2897-picture63628.jpg
Forest side buff
182286-albums2897-picture63629.jpg
Flag captures and multiboard updates
182286-albums2897-picture63630.jpg
Sky tavern
182286-albums2897-picture63631.jpg
Forest tavern
182286-albums2897-picture63632.jpg
You can only repick once!
182286-albums2897-picture63633.jpg

Features
  • Custom Capture the Flag system THANKS TO @ThisPOT;
  • 2 Factions: Sky Titans and Underworld Titans;
  • Casting System;
  • Custom Multiboard (with kills, deaths, returns, captures);
  • Damage Floating Text;
  • Triggered and Non-Triggered Spells for each class.
Upcomming Features
  • Item shop;
  • More unique classes, spells;
  • Buff zone(Like in warsong gulch);
  • QWER hotkeys.

Changelog
Version 0.2a
  • MANY BUG FIXES;
  • NEW TERRAIN ;
  • LOTS OF GAME BALANCE;
  • FIXED CAPTURE THE FLAG SYSTEM;
  • 2 BUFF ZONES;
  • ADDED MAP PREVIEW;
  • ADDED -REPICK SYSTEM(you can repick once per game)
  • Also other minor improvements, to make game more balanced.

• ThisPOT
  • MajorSonnwaitts
  • ap0calypse
  • Callahan
  • darklord_avalon
  • Celestea
  • Champara Bros
  • wingednosering
  • Clotaire
  • Paladon
  • Palaslayer
  • Nasrudin
  • LiOneSS
  • shamanyouranus
  • CloudWolf
  • General Frank
  • 67chr
  • Blizza
  • KuWe
  • Sven
  • rulerofiron99

Please after trying a map, give me good feedback and criticism! Thank you!

Last edited:
Level 10
Ahaha, wait asecond, found bug that make's map unplayable. Going to reupload soon.

-----

Bug is fixed and map is uploaded again, please test it and give me harsh feedback! :) THANK YOU

Also there are few mistakes, like alliance and horde in wc3 screen. They will be fixed tomorrow.

Last edited:
Level 31
Bug is fixed and map is uploaded again, please test it and give me harsh feedback! :)
I couldn't resist to this. I would not require only those points that have been mentioned in Upcoming Features window. I also cannot discuss balance since I cannot play online. I played with Tara only.

1. No proper description of map, it says only *Clash of the Titants - Capture the Flag*. It could be more informative, after all, it is a short description of a map that is needed there.
2. Loading screen was also not informative, why you link players to find more information if it could be written there on a loading screen? I also believe that notice of credits could be noticed during the very start of the map instead of adding it into loading screen, that is optional though, just for the looks. (Oh nice, I am from Lithuania as well)
3. Custom loading screen would be nice, optional though.
4. There are no objectives, only Credits, add simple objectives just to secure what is needed to be done.
5. Credits are written rather poorly, you mention only that credits goes to a bunch of people, you should also at least mention their field of modding, for example: Models from Hiveworkshop: MC !; HappyTauren; Frankster. Icons from HIveworkshop: PeeKay; CRAZYRUSSIAN. Models from Wc3Campaigns: Daelin.
6. Hero building and circle of power have too big selection scales, it looks ugly.
7. Hero selection buttons are put randomly, you should adjust X; Y positions for it to be smoothly set.
8. Hero selection have no hotkey notice.
9. Descriptions of each hero is poorly developed, it basically tell nothing about hero itself. Expand introduction, tell about abilities, strengthes and weaknesses.
10. Heroes have incredibly big selection scales, it looks really ugly.
11. Some or all, specifically Tara have no String name, its name now is Default String. For Tara, I urge you to put String Name to Tara and Name to Hunter.
12. Tara's last ability have its name written wrongly, I see a mistake made making colors, I can see a color code, but not color itself, you should fix the coloring.
13. Abilities have badly developed descriptions, it should be way more informative. While learning one I cannot see descriptions of future ability levels, also I cannot know how many of levels are there.
14. You also picked not so fiting voice for Tara, while talking I hear tiger roaring in the background, yet there is no tiger with her.
15. Why do you call it Alliance and Horde if it is Sky Titants and Underworld Titans, it makes no sense at all.
16. Terrain is not so well developed either. It is rather empty, especially Horde / Underworld Titants side. These rocks ar not naturally set, it looks like it was build and not formed by nature, because it have straight lines of path and such. I also didn't like the rocks that are up high in the sky, it is hard to play when walked beneath one and it would be difficult to see what is happenening there. Some trees are too big as well, my camera goes through of some and it looks ugly to see it in textures. You separated the edge of map with rocks, that's good, but it looks ugly, you should extend playable map area and put more rocks in the gap so that Black edge would not be visible at all, also make it not so straight and slim lined rocks, make it more natural. Generally, terrain and environemt art needs some work to be done.

If am I to rate harshly, it would be (1/5) even though it is Beta. But it stand between 1 and 2, but if not so harshly, it would be (2/5).

Level 15
Dude you stole this map. I am pretty sure that I played exactly the same map 2 years ago... And to answer the question of this guy why are they called Horde and Alliance: its because this was a warsong gulch map inspired by the battleground in WoW... Creator stopped working on it.. and this guy stole it...

Status
Not open for further replies.