• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] Clash of the Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Clash of the Heroes - UPDATE NEW HERO

Clash of the Heroes
NEW UPDATE

I. General map info - The map is a short and small Aeon of Strife type map. It's designed for short games from 10-30 minutes. The map has two lanes connecting the bases. The goal of the map is to destroy the enemy barracks.

II. Heroes - For now there are 12 unique heroes (6 on each side). Most of the spells scale with stats. Every hero has 3 spells and 1 ultimate.

III. Forest - Above and below the lane there is a jungle/forest. There are 3 camps on each side and 1 bonus camp near one of the base exit. Every camp gives a attribute bonus when defeated. The difficulty of the camps is in the following order: Wolfs<Ogres=Trolls<Furbolgs.

Wolfs give 1 agility bonus.
Ogres give 1 strength bonus.
Trolls give 1 intelligence bonus.
Furbolgs give 1 from each.

IV. AI - The AI is currently work in progress. The only existing AI for now are: Teal , Orange and Green players.

Teal AI - Teal AI will always play with "Master Swordsman" (A hero from the Alliance agility tavern)
Orange AI - Orange AI will always play with "Burning Blade" (A hero from the Horde agility tavern)
Green AI - Green AI will always play with "Warlock" (A hero from the Horde intelligence tavern)

AI behaviour: Bots will attack move to the enemy barracks. If they have below 30% hp they will go back to heal and buy items if they have gold. Also they will randomly cast spells. Bots are very VERY easy to beat but they push nonstop so they can be a pain in the arse. Oh and if the bots get attacked by towers or barracks they will back off.

V.Items - There are currently 57 items and little bit more will be added. The map has a recipe system where you can either buy an item following the recipe or buying the item with out the recipe if you have enough gold.

VI.Screenshots -
-Map overview - Wolfs, Ogres, Trolls, Furbolgs
Untitled.png

-Gameplay -
WC3_Scrn_Shot_102115_000057_01.jpg

WC3_Scrn_Shot_102115_000217_02.jpg

WC3_Scrn_Shot_102115_000303_05.jpg

QnA:
Q: When will the full version of the map be released?
A: Probably the summer since I am working on it alone and I have school.

Q: Will you release an Alpha or Beta version for testing and playing?
A: YES! A Beta version will be released soon.

Q: How many heroes are planing to make?
A: A lot, probably till I get bored of making them.

Q: Do you need help with anything?
A: Yup, hero ideas are ALWAYS welcome since it's quite hard to make original hero spells.

Ideas and criticism is always welcome. Tell me your thoughts of the map!

>>>DOWNLOAD<<<

UPDATES:

NEW HERO - check him out in game
wings%20diablo%20legend%20fantasy%20art%20armor%20tyrael%20artwork%20diablo%20iii%20warriors%20archangel%20swords%20angel%201_wallpaperbeautiful_94.jpg

New Loading Screen - by Rahmatozz
fantasy-battle-scene-digital-art-3.jpg

ver.1 - Thread posted (21/10/15)
ver2. - Early Beta (25/10/15)
ver3. - Double Lane (20/11/15)
ver4. - New Hero
-Nerferd Goblin Boots
-Bug Fixes
-New Loading Screen (03/12/15)

Last edited:
Level 11
I played this and have just one thing to add, I think it will be better if you disable attacking on your own allies or your own HQ to avoid some trolls exploiting it.

You have played an earlier version. That has been fixed long time ago and many changes have been made.
Sounds interesting. If you ever want a tester, give me a shout!

My gameranger nickname is "KrakenaBG" add me. Whenever you see me online message me for a game :)

Level 15
First Overlook Review:

Map Rating: pending

Hero Test Count: 1

Note: The game version need to be changed below 1, since at beta stage. The game lane is only 1, map size need to be bigger to contain the players. AOS style map well designed but lacking certain elements like starting gold for example. I tested Zeus, he's very basic and playable, also slightly interesting, have not look into items and going to test more heroes, please wait for the next review.

_____

Second Review:

Map Rating: pending

Hero Test Count: 11

Note: The game is in beta and will not be rated, items are not being looked at but I have read all the hero spell description. From the description I get a picture of the game-play and also tested a few others to make sure the wordings are correct to what it states. I would suggest you to change some values as there might be problems in actual play with some of the values stated. (Balance issues)
I think Zeus is still one of the better Hero designed but keep up the good work :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
I like your AoS map. Simple AoS is much fun to play.

I suggest to use max. of two lanes because it's a little crowded in the lane or make the lane much wider.
You could move the Hero Selection Area into an empty part of your map to save some space.
Please add a death timer where you can see how much left until you revive.
Why don't you include assists? Supporting heroes don't do kills they collect assists.
Need fix in the some of the tooltips. Make it more simple and informative.

Terrain is a little bit empty and flat. No variation in tiles and even some environmental doodads. It needs more distinction between horde and alliance bases.

About the creeps I like the idea of giving certain attributes as drops. May I suggest one red boss-like camp where it could drop a powerful artifact.

The items well I know it's still in beta but I want to see more items. Why not add Scroll of Town Portal? The area might be small but it's still necessary and makes travel faster.
Why follow a recipe for an item when you could buy it directly. You should fix these.
I suggest removing the level recipe and instead make the items found in the item shops as recipes itself. Just replace the needed items + recipe into the item that requires them.

About the heroes, I only played Shadow Master. First a good carry hero but lacks as an the spells a little bit off. Shadow Strike is an auto-cast spell which increases hero damage by 50/80/110 but it only targets enemies. Shadow Strike is not very effective because of Shadow Master's low mana pool.

Restoration Druid
Rejuvenation and Regrowth are two non-ulti heal spells which is not necessary to have both and needs to be fixed.
Nice idea for Entangling Roots but it only affects one unit. Do you intend to make it an AoE spell?
The Treant Form seems odd and it only gives heal again. You should fix this. If you want there is a Archdruid with a wildkin morph form. It could be an alternative.

If you need more ideas just visit us. Okay :)

I haven't tried other heroes but I'll test it next time.

Level 11
Thanks for the reviews and tips. The Druid does root AoE. Also his ult will be changed to something that does damage. For heroes lacking mana you could always buy items for it. I may give the map a second lane... maybe. There usually should be 2 heroes and 1 jungler/hunter who roams for creep camps. I will update the map later but for now I'm too lazy to work on it.

EDIT: UPDATE

NEW LANE!!!!

Last edited:
Level 11
This map looks fun. But I don't see any download link? Can you also explain what GameRanger is? Is it like garena?

The download link is under the QnA, it says "download" with big green letters. Yes GameRanger is like Garena, I also have a Garena account I'm under the name of "krakena98" there.

The new update will feature bug fixes and a new hero.

NEW UPDATE IS OUT!!!

Edit: Just a quick status update. I am currently busy with school and I'm not in the mood of making maps lately... at all. The archangel Q spell, visual is bugged and I'm having a hard time fixing it. The map isn't dead doe, I'll continue making it but the development will be quite slow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.