• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Clash of the titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
COTT-Clash of the titans
COTT is a fast paced action packed small map.
Features standard heroes but the way the terrain is build allowes for some really interesting fast and interesting games!
There are 2 sides, with up to 10 players MAX. Each faction must destroy their enemies base in order to win.
Features:
99% made terrain
1% made triggers
12 heroes
30 items (around 20 made)

The map is still in Alpha stage and i'm in need of a trigger person.
anyone interested email me at: [email protected]

I'll be releasing a test version soon when i make 10% of the main triggers!

I accept all features, items, story and hero ideas as well as help with trigering!

Last edited:
Level 5
hey i'm being realistic here! I'm not the person that writes 100 features of the map and when i release it it only has few of those 100 writen features. And even those made features are full of bugs!
But i gues i've been really constrained in my writing, it will have around 30 main items at first. after i'll add some charged items after.
it will have around 12 heroes at first with ingame WC3 spells
also there are already around 20 items made so i gues i'll update my post!

Level 7
There is not a word in the english language that can express how much you make me not want to play this map.

By the sound of it, I don't think you put much time and effort into makeing this map. I dosn't seem to have any kind of a goal or anything for that matter. "It has some really cool Heros and some awesome items so go play, k?" dosn't tell me anything. Why are you even announceing this? Go back and get the map into Beta stage (VG's deffinition) and then come back and talk about it.

Level 25
The name is probably going to get people coming in looking for something related to a certain old movie, and when they find out it has nothing to do with it they'll leave

If you don't have a mechanical owl called Bubo in it somewhere, then you are a horrible person. Also, you totally need to give the Sea Witch a Medusa-esque makeover

Level 5
hey as i've said i'm being realistic here, I'm not the person that writes 100 features of the map and when i release it it only has few of those 100 writen features. And even those made features are full of bugs!
So anyone willing to do the trigers will help me out really, i'm doing everything else but i can't do it as fast with only little triggers!
Though if no-one is interested at this point i gues i can make oll of the rest stuff like heroes, items and stuff fully and then release it for beta test with only basic triggers, so of you like the concept join my team and help with triggers!

Level 16
Im not quite sure what your map is about, is it an arena or an aos or something else?
If you are creating an aos and you tell us it will have a terrain, heroes and items, none of those are features. A feature would be something like; there will be random arena battles etc.
Nobody is asking for 100 features. Give us atleast one.
As for the realism, well, realism doesnt sell. You are basicly asking help to create a below average map that not even a handfull of people will play. Thats not very atractive offer.
Your skills in the world editor may be limited, but your imagination isnt. Think some crazy, original, new, great ideas for your map, doesnt matter if you dont know how to do them because you can ask for help. If your ideas are good there will be many people willing to help you.

Level 5
Again, hey as i've said i'm being realistic here, I'm not the person that writes 100 features of the map and when i release it it only has few of those 100 writen features. And even those made features are full of bugs!

I know trigering but i heavent done this style map before so i'm really having a very hard-time creating triggers and i'm wasting 4 hours of making triggers work and in the end they still don't work, or don't work as intended!

Also heres some indepth info on the gameplay:
Well it's nothing particulary new. Come on there can't be anything new, there are thousands of maps out there and really teling it will be unique or new kind of map is being an idiot. I'm being realistic here and i'll say that it's AOS, offence like style map.
Gameplay is this: So basicly there are 2 sides Elenders(humans) and Defilers(undead, orc or sent; undecided yet). Bases consist of 2 buildings only 1 tower and the main castle/tree of life. It's a small terrain and thus offering fast-action packed gameplay as the soon you are out of your base theres like very little walk until the other base so there will be some fast action. There is basicly 1 straight road that creeps spawn(though they not fight each other yet, i'm really having troubles with making it work) so you don't need to push much in order to win, but the defense towers have pretty high attack damage and speed so teams can't really push until level 11-12!
Heroes can have maximum 25 levels though experience gain is really slow and this is ment to be open-fight hero slaughter map so if you want experience you need to kill heroes! Anyways there are 6 places with neutral creeps, quite powerful neutral creeps in fact and geting caught creeping neutrals could easily cost you your heros life.
The other thing is that there are 4 fountains, 2 for healing and 2 for mana. The fountains are not placed in your base where you are safe, well safe at the begining thats it, they are placed from the left and right side of the base. I think this will also allow for more head-to-head combat and not much hiding and runing! Also players then have to make a critical choice if they want their mana or HP full. So depending on your quick thinking and strategy it will mean you either win or loose!
Also i'll edit all the heroes spells so they can be used a lot, that meaning faster cooldowns and powerful spells!

So in short this is part of the gameplay and i really don't have time on writing and explaining on the complete gameplay so this will have to do!

Also if you want i'll release the Alpha version of the map so you can see the terrain, some of the items but i warn you it's only alpha so there is only 1 unedited hero put in the tavern for testing purposes and you can see my non-working triggers!

Last edited:
Level 6
It sounds like terrain is the unique point in your map, so i would like to see it since terraining is my waterloo. If you can attach your alpha version, all the better, cant wait to see your terrain.

To everybody: Not eveyone here is a master mapper who can make a project like EOTA, some people are just starting. People judge too harshly, they cant see the effort put into maps. Cut people some slack and i know you expect to see the next DOTA/EOTA map here, but be kind to people.

Level 7
Why bother making a map that has been done over 20 million times? If you were really a realist you would realize that there are hundreds of unique map-styles you can create but instead of taking the time to think, you say "its all been done". You have no imagination, period.

And since this idea has already been done, why do it again? So that you can give yourself a plaque that says "I made a kickass map, now I'm special"?

Please quit this project now since even you have acknowledged that it is a waste of time. Sorry if I came off as harsh, but being the realist you are you know it is time to move on.

Level 3
Again, as i said lets be realistic here, I'm not the person that writes 100 features of the map and when i release it it only has few of those 100 writen features. And even those made features are full of bugs! <----This line is extremely annoying when you have used it over 3 times.
Also i do not agree with devoloping this map any further, but it is not my decision. If you wish to continue on making it be m guest, but to me it is not a good concept.

Level 6
I see your point, but not eveybody can start off making Loap maps or unique maps dat people would barely play. Tho i am not a dotafanboy i can tell you dat dota wasnt the first map to be Aos nor is it the best, but it has become popular lyk hell, so maybe making already done maps with a little flavour of you in it might actually work out for the better.

Level 5
Why bother making a map that has been done over 20 million times? If you were really a realist you would realize that there are hundreds of unique map-styles you can create but instead of taking the time to think, you say "its all been done". You have no imagination, period.

And since this idea has already been done, why do it again? So that you can give yourself a plaque that says "I made a kickass map, now I'm special"?

Please quit this project now since even you have acknowledged that it is a waste of time. Sorry if I came off as harsh, but being the realist you are you know it is time to move on.

O rly and who the fuck playes those unique imaginative maps? I'll tell you NO ONE, not one single person playes them!
-Why? beacose the truth is they are so unique they are not even a little interesting and will bore you to death!
Simplicity is perfection
so stop boing a total asshole and get a life stupid idiot and don't post on any of my threads again stupid fucking asshole!

Level 16
Urlocks post was right on the money. If I had been here earlier I'd have said the same thing. Your attitude towards maps sucks. People will rather play unique maps than below average done 1000000 times crappy maps.

Urlock said:

QFT!

SlickR said:
so stop boing a total asshole and get a life stupid idiot and don't post on any of my threads again stupid fucking asshole!

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.