• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Clash of the Might b1.0

How was it

• 5 - Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - Good

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 3 - Average

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 2 - Mehhh

• 1 - What kind of ********* is this????

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Weak_Cell and co. presents Clash of the Might, still on beta version.

We are a group of novice map makers/ mapper wannabes and since we have downloaded a lot of maps here, we thought that it would be fitting for us to share our own map as well.

Since this is still beta version, expect some bugs, leaks, and other annoying stuff. However, this version is already playable.

The objective is to defend the Mighty Statue against the horde of Invaders and some other unknown phenomena until you defeat the FINAL boss.

If you have any comments, suggestions, violent reactions, or if you just want to spend time and have coffee with us, please don't hesitate to do so.

PS - This just looks like but it is not really like clash of clans.

Special Thanks to 2xbon and Master_Pels for helping me in creating this map.

Attachments

• COM 3.1.w3x
    4.6 MB · Views: 78
Level 5
hello,
so here is some feedback for you after one try in singleplayer.

Map: the look of the map is quite monotonous: the terrain seems everywhere to look the same. (Maybe some more textures or doodads and some changes in the heigt)

Buildings: well it is like clash of clans. I like it that you have many different models that make it look like clash.

Gameplay: The masterworkers are starting about an kilometer away from the statue. It has the same "problem" as clash (personal opinion) that there little use of the terrain to trick enemies. Using workers in buildings has nearly no effect because mostly i only had gold-problems.
When enemies attack you can watch and wait (and hope that your base does not get destroyed). At least you still can build walls to block off some of them.

Enemies: First i start with spells. They are placed on random buildings (so it is likely that they just affect walls. Poison spell had no effect and the others didn´t seemed to cause any problems)
There are decent differences in difficulty so for example hogriders whiped me (the last wave i played so far) and the third wave is also very hard. The first 2 waves last quite long and some waves are quite short and very easy.
Also many enemy units like common barbarians don´t appear in later waves. (This is also something i don´t like in clash: the simple units have nearly no right to be used in lategame and that some tactics only use 1 unittype)

Difficulty: Well, the first time i tried on normal and was killed by barbarians. Then i tried it on easy and also had problems.
Maybe this is only because i played in singleplayer (ok and had one passive AI for fun). It would be nice if the difficulty adapts to the number of players.
Invisible units are also a problem because arcane towers have a quite short range to reveal them (--> or the players have build many of them right behind the walls.

Triggers: I only took a very short look into the triggers to get the information about the number of waves. It seems to be quite redundant with many copy and paste

Some general stuff:
Credits in the "Quest"-window is recommended because i think you didn´t created all models (like the barracks from Stronghold --> correct me if i have a leak of memory here)
Please use timers to show when the waves appear: The first time i played on normal and suddenly was killed by barbarians.
If i remember correctly you should be able to build traps but i didn´t found the possiblity. Also bombs and giant bombs are based on the same skill --> The bomb builder first uses giant bombs (also if you click the little ones). Oh and the giant bomb summons a Lavahound which should get fixed.

Summary:
The map seems to have potential and it can be funny to play it but it is in this way not recommended for single player.
My current rating: average

Level 2
hello,
so here is some feedback for you after one try in singleplayer.

Map: the look of the map is quite monotonous: the terrain seems everywhere to look the same. (Maybe some more textures or doodads and some changes in the heigt)

Buildings: well it is like clash of clans. I like it that you have many different models that make it look like clash.

Gameplay: The masterworkers are starting about an kilometer away from the statue. It has the same "problem" as clash (personal opinion) that there little use of the terrain to trick enemies. Using workers in buildings has nearly no effect because mostly i only had gold-problems.
When enemies attack you can watch and wait (and hope that your base does not get destroyed). At least you still can build walls to block off some of them.

Enemies: First i start with spells. They are placed on random buildings (so it is likely that they just affect walls. Poison spell had no effect and the others didn´t seemed to cause any problems)
There are decent differences in difficulty so for example hogriders whiped me (the last wave i played so far) and the third wave is also very hard. The first 2 waves last quite long and some waves are quite short and very easy.
Also many enemy units like common barbarians don´t appear in later waves. (This is also something i don´t like in clash: the simple units have nearly no right to be used in lategame and that some tactics only use 1 unittype)

Difficulty: Well, the first time i tried on normal and was killed by barbarians. Then i tried it on easy and also had problems.
Maybe this is only because i played in singleplayer (ok and had one passive AI for fun). It would be nice if the difficulty adapts to the number of players.
Invisible units are also a problem because arcane towers have a quite short range to reveal them (--> or the players have build many of them right behind the walls.

Triggers: I only took a very short look into the triggers to get the information about the number of waves. It seems to be quite redundant with many copy and paste

Some general stuff:
Credits in the "Quest"-window is recommended because i think you didn´t created all models (like the barracks from Stronghold --> correct me if i have a leak of memory here)
Please use timers to show when the waves appear: The first time i played on normal and suddenly was killed by barbarians.
If i remember correctly you should be able to build traps but i didn´t found the possiblity. Also bombs and giant bombs are based on the same skill --> The bomb builder first uses giant bombs (also if you click the little ones). Oh and the giant bomb summons a Lavahound which should get fixed.

Summary:
The map seems to have potential and it can be funny to play it but it is in this way not recommended for single player.
My current rating: average

First of all, allow Weak_cell to express his admiration since you managed to defeat the 1st boss level. BUT.... how did you do it? Even we have a hard time defeating that guy.

Anyway, thank you for your valuable insights. Weak_cell and co. Recognizes that our map still has a lot of crazy and annoying bugs, leaks, etc.

Well of course, we will improve the next beta version and hopefully add more waves, while keeping in mind to minimize the bugs.

Once again thanks and more power!

Level 2
baka da!

just kidding. you almost got me there my man. ALMOST.

I BELIEVED IN YOU but.......

we are now revising the map based on your suggestions, expect more enemy types and bosses on the upcoming beta versions

Status
Not open for further replies.