• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Clash of the Warcrafts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Clash of the Warcrafts
BETA AT BOTTOM
Number of Players: 1-6
Hey Guys,
I'm posting this page about my new map that's in development called Clash of the Warcrafts. This map is able to support up to six people, and is basically a free for all.
I haven't defined any win conditions, but they will be something based on maxing everything I presume (Your help here would be nice.)

It's still much in beta, and is officially out as a beta, but there's only about 30 minutes of playtime available.

If you've played Clash of Clans it's essentially that in Warcraft 3, but cooler. Right now there's also only one race, but I'll add more as it goes on assuming it's received well. The basics are to defend yourself well with walls and defenses, and to build up your army to steal others resources to better yourself.

Town Halls
- Controls what you can build. An archer tower requires a level 2 town hall, and you can only upgrade it to level 2 until you get to level 3.

Defensive Buildings
- Cannons, Archer Towers, Mortars, Bombs, X-Bows, Wizard Towers, and Inferno Towers. Ooh and walls :)

Offensive Structures
- Barracks (Train troops), Army Camps (Provide food for your troops), as well as Heroes to control (More on this later)

Resources
- Gold Mine / Lumber Mine (Gives gold a second.)

Now the main components.

Separation
- Everyone is separated from each other through boundaries, and you may not cross it into another's territory until you attack.

Attacking
- Garner your troops and type -attack playercolor (For instance -attack red) to attack that player. You'll get a unit spawner who can spawn all your troops from your army camps back home. If you have no troops the fight ends. You have 3 minutes to destroy as much as you can. You can gain up to 20% of their resources, and you get the resources from attacking everything they own (even walls).

- It was setup this way because any other method right now is very difficult and I'd like to get some sort of release out that's playable before making it more complicated.

Defending
- Defending is somewhat simpler. You setup bombs, walls, and defenses to protect from enemies attacking. If they destroy you within 3 minutes they get 20% of your resources. Note that they get resources everytime they do damage, so the greater the damage the greater they receive.

BETA IS OUT TODAY 4/8/2014

Update Log Below:
4/8/2014: Released as a preemptive beta.
4/9/2014: v1.01 Updated with another level of Town Halls, as well as fixing the attack timers and bugs. Should now be playable.
4/12/2014: v1.02 Update has bombs, as well as some special effects to make it prettier. Fixed attacking bugs (Should hopefully be fixed permanently now.) =]
4/14/2014: Added a -retreat when you're attacking to go back to your base (is in beta, probably needs fixing just thought I'd release it) Various other fixes.

Thanks!

- Zach

Attachments

• Clash of the Warcrafts v1.02.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Level 4
Updated with Beta. Please let me know if anything doesn't work.
UPDATE: 4/9/2014: Fixed all attacking bugs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.