• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Elder Scrolls Oblivion, For PC or for XBOX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all!
I'm making a difficult choice: play Oblivion in PC or in Xbox360. The question is to update my PC so I can play Oblivion on it or buy a XBOX360. I have heard that XBOX Oblivion have lesser graphics than the same game in a good PC, but it's better to play it with a joystick...
It will be great to hear the opinion of people that knows something about this :thumbs_up:
Thanks d'avance ;)

Level 11
its debateable but i would kinda prefer Xbox 360 b/c

PC Pros :
Better Grahpics
Mods

Cons :
Error reports, or crashes (it happened to my old computer, like every 15 minutes of play a crash report would come up, even after updating the game)

Level 3
Thank you guys for your opinions :) It's really a hard choice to choose between PC and XBOX360, but now I see it a bit easier cos a friend gived me his HP DV9000 notebook for the weekend, so now I can try Oblivion on PC!

" i havent played it much. i got a major sound problem with the pc version. "
Whats your Sound Card Driver? I've problems in many games with Realtek audio driver.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I use Realtek High Defintion sound with no problems at all.

The PC oblivion can look better that the 360 oblivion, it also supports mods. Thus if your PC can handle the game (even not at maximum settings) it is usually better to get the PC version. Fortunatly the game is old now so you do not need a top range graphic card to run it at high settings.

Level 21
I suggest the PC version if you have a good well balanced computer that can stand a lot of gameplay and such and graphics as well.

I think Xbox players want Elder Scrolls to play online with other people, but its your choice on which game system you would like to play on.

Level 3
I've tried Oblivion this weekend, as I said, great game! I'm level 7 thief, member of the Arena (Pit Dog), Mage Guild (associate), Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood (Assasin already :D). Now i'm planning seriously to find a way to play Oblivion in this days.
I think i've seen Oblivion in better graphics than I've had on the HP Pavilion dv9000. How can I take a screenshot to show so u can see if these graphics are better than the Xbox360 ones?

I think Xbox players want Elder Scrolls to play online with other people, but its your choice on which game system you would like to play on.
It's posible to play oblivion like MMORPG's on Xbox? I didnt see any multiplayer button on PC version, but it would be great to play TES4 online. :thumbs_up:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Oblivion is a SP only RPG. The 360 and PS3 versions should also be SP only. On the PC version, there were one or two mod attempts years ago to make it multiplayer compatible, but unless something recent happened it was proved to be impossible due to the way the game was laid out.

An example of where multiplayer would bug is one of the hundreds of quests where if you exceede and area, a door closes. Unless both players walk synchrniously inside, one would get locked out (pointless multiplayer) or if it needs both players to be inside it could allow one player to go in, finish the quest and run out without ever tripping traps. Further more, quest synchrnonization was near impossible as it may be possible at times for 2 people to be some distance away from each other (even different towns).

To take a screenshot, press the same button as in every other game (print screen button on keyboard).

It should save all screenshots to a folder.

Level 3
Well, here I have some screnshots of how Oblivion works on an HP Pavilion DV9000 (Is the one i'll probably buy):
http://bisik.ucoz.ru/Raznoe/ScreenShot23.jpg
http://bisik.ucoz.ru/Raznoe/ScreenShot24.jpg
http://bisik.ucoz.ru/Raznoe/ScreenShot26.jpg
http://bisik.ucoz.ru/Raznoe/ScreenShot33.jpg
It was a problem taking screenshots, cos before u need to change the player's .ini file, modifying a string, but anyway i've found a way and the question is if these graphics are better than the Xbox360 ones?

PS: Guys, thank u a lot for your comments :D

Status
Not open for further replies.