• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Elder Scrolls IV:oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i recently went to a friends house, and he's got a wii 360 custom gaming built comp flat screen, the whole 9 yards, and while there i played oblivion, and he told me that u can get mods for it if you have the pc version, but because theres alchohol, *missing* sexual themes, *removeable* gore, and fighting my mom wont let me get it. any 1 know what i should to do convice her?

Level 13
The nudity thing is because of mods. Oblivion used to be rated T, but some modder went into the files and managed to get rid of the undergarments. When it got out, people got really pissed at Bethesda. Bethesda, in a panic, blamed the entire modding community and made the game M.

Aaaaand the gore's not all that removable... anyone remember the scene at Applewatch with the Black Hand and Lucien?

And don't double post. Learn to edit.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Ai has serious problems.

I murdered some guy with a poision apple in a tevern while sitting down. No one noticed him dieing or said a word about it. Next I see them shouting "THIEF THIEF!" at someone else (not me) and a gaurd rushes in and samples a vegetable while ignoring the corpse. Finally someone sits on the corpse on the chair as if it was not there (like on the deat corpse lap).

Eithor death is so commen in TES oblivion that people do not notice any difference if they sit on a dead person an an unconfortable way or some very sick things happen in public (5 people watching) with dead people.

Level 13
Black Hand is the only good part of the game really. You get some nice gear from the main quest (like ancient Akavari Katana <3) but otherwise lacks... whats the word... motivation. I really did have more fun doing the assassination and sneaking then the whole "saving the kingdom" bs.

Anyway, my advice to you is simply get the game and be careful what you do in game when your parents are looking over your shoulder.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The dark Brotherhood was sick, I wish they endedup losing completly or there was an anti quest chain for them (where you kill all the dark brotherhood).

That dam nightmother is unkillable, not even consol commands worked on her and killing her would bring nothing in the end.

Level 36
Your mom won't let you get Oblivion? Wow, harsh mom... What's wrong with sexual themes anyways? >:)

Unless you get a nude mod like a little faggot, there is no real sexual content.

Anyways, Oblivion is only good with mods. Don't get it for the 360.

That dam nightmother is unkillable, not even consol commands worked on her and killing her would bring nothing in the end.

Well she's not meant to be killable ;)

Level 3
Dude, i know its harsh, if only she would belive me, and half my friends, she said i could put it on my christmas list but by then ill be waiting to see if they make a ace comabt 7 (i love my flight games) and if i dont get it for christmas then ill have to wait till my birthday to buy it(im going to turn 17:grin::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd:)

Level 13
You're 16 and you're mom won't let you play M games? o.0

Anyway, trust me, all the Ace Combats are the same. Oblivion is a whole new experience. Get it over AC7.

Level 8
man oh man, oblivion... 3 syllables, a-maze-ing. Its an older game but wow there is so much that i wasted hours and hours and now weeks playing this game and I havent hardly even started the main story line yet alone discovered the whole map or even the new island. Im like 1/50th if that from completing this game, theres just so much you can do that you end up spending countless hours killing stuff, or doing other quests, or adventuring. Being a vampire is kinda cool too cept a bit of a nuisance. Robbing houses is great too, and murdering them. ^_^ sofar its been warcrack x 10 for me. Too bad i play it in intervals, 18 hours nonstop every 3 or so days. I have it on ps3 btw.

Level 3
Anyway, trust me, all the Ace Combats are the same. Oblivion is a whole new experience. Get it over AC7.

You Dont Get it, I am crazy about flying and shooting peopel out of the skyi have AC1 AC2 AC3 AC4 AC5(the best in my book) AC6 and AC0(worst)
Tricky you should of gotten the PC version cause you can lock doors so you can rob some 1 and not have to worry about a bunch of guards coming in and killing you and you can download te frostmourne mod(enchanted vers from quest regular from weapon store in the imperial city)

Last edited:
Level 22
oblivions ok, but it gets boring after awhile.
the dark brotherhood was by far had the best quests and such, no other quest line came close.

if you like fighting games, get Call of duty 4 (if you havent already) nice graphics, quite abit of realism (other than your bodyparts sticking out of walls sometimes), but theres alot of blood if you knife/headshot someone.

Level 17
oblivions ok, but it gets boring after awhile.
the dark brotherhood was by far had the best quests and such, no other quest line came close.

if you like fighting games, get Call of duty 4 (if you havent already) nice graphics, quite abit of realism (other than your bodyparts sticking out of walls sometimes), but theres alot of blood if you knife/headshot someone.
Call of Duty 4 isn't a fighting game, it's a first person shooter.

Level 3
i wasted hours and hours and now weeks playing this game and I havent hardly even started the main story line yet alone discovered the whole map or even the new island. Im like 1/50th if that from completing this game,

WOW what do u do just walk around? i beat shivering isles, knights of the nine, the main questline, and the 5 guild things (theives/arena/mages/fighters/brotherhood) in about 58 hours total! (2 days and 8 hours) Game play said 58:?? total!

(im going to turn 17:grin::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd::xxd:)

and WOW.... 16 / 17 and u cant play mature games >.> thats bad!

But either way, if u get addons for the 360, its great... and i love xbox cause it makes it so u CANT make the game gay with cheats no matter what! But either way, its fun enough to start over a few times to be a theif, a fighter, or a mage and such! theres plenty to do to keep u occupied with like over 50 side-quests and the 7 questlines (if u get shivering isles and knights) well worth playing

Status
Not open for further replies.