• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dream Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I had a messed up dream last night. I was swimming near the beach. In this alternate earth, shores descended in large concave curves then appeared to mostly level off. There was a giant goldfish-like fish the size of a bear who I tricked into thinking was my friend so I could kill it for it's meat.

I returned to a high-school with a round stage with layered stairs that go down into a pit, and a curved stairway going down next to it into a library. I could see an aquarium tank through the wall on the other side of the stairway. There was also a part of the tank, perhaps a separate tank, or a cut off section about 1 1/2 feet wide and a meter and 1/3 long. This is where I put my fish, which had magically shrunk to fit.

Some other students consoled me about the death of the fish, which apparently was actually my friend. I then wondered whether the fish would want me to eat it.There were two spirits manifested as voices. Both claimed to be the fish. One said it wouldn't want it's body to go waste, the other said it would be cruel. An asian guy told me I shouldn't, but it depended on my respect for the fish. The majority of the people in that area of the school were asian guys. There was more, but this is the part of the dream that concerns me.

P.S., sorry about teh wall of text, and to En Fuego, the other messed up dream has already been interpreted. I just mentioned it because I thought it wouldn't make sense to the people who didn't know about the other messed up dream for me to say "I had another messed up dream." I have now edited that part out to avoid further confusion.

Last edited:
Wierdest/Scariest\Most Traumatizing dreams?

We've all had atleast one of those dreams, the type you wanna forget, the ones that you wake up from in a cold sweat. What are yours?

Mine, I'd say... Spanned about three years. T'was cool at first, I saw myself staring at myself. One was shedding tears, the other had a hell of a scowl on his face. Every time I had this dream, they got more vivid. Eventually, they changed. Cracked, blackened skin, thick, bloodred teeth, a wild, wide-eyed gaze, eyes covered in red veins, and a malicious smile on his/my face, while the other stayed generally the same, only growing more saddened. By the end, they were at eachothers throats, and I was forced to watch almost every night.

Few months after they stopped, I had the dream again. There was only the darker one of the two, holding a ravaged face by the hair, cackling, staring right through me.

It was pretty damn terrifying. Your turn.

Level 6
I know. I HAVE really wierd dreams. This one was just disturbing enough for me to post on here and see what people say it means, but not disturbing enough that I should only talk to a licensed psychologist about. Those happen once in a blue moon. The last time I posted about a wierd dream on Hive, one of the people gave me a good interpretation, so I decided to come back.

The last really wierd dream I had nearly turned me Catholic. I shit you not, there was a narrating voice, someone I've never heard before, a soft voice of a man, and it was so... creepy. Nothing like any of my dreams before, it was serene.

I shit you not, I thought it was Jesus talkin' to me. Didn't help that there were ALOT've wierd things going on around here beforehand. Small shadows startled the hell outta me.

Level 6
Vermillion Edict...I don't know how to answer that.

Also, I don't think the goldfish was a representation of one of my friends. The goldfish itself was my friend...though you could be on to something *shrugs*.

Level 10
You have a fetish for goldfish?

Honestly, I think this is just a dream... when you sleep, your brain turns off your 'realistic' thinking part of your brain, and thus, your imagination takes over, creating strange manifestations such as this...

Those that live their lives based upon silly dreams, or thinking that they're messages from a higher power are fools - If I had, I wouldn't be breathing.

Level 6
"Laughing at someone else is an excellent way of learning how to laugh at oneself; and questioning what seem to be the absurd beliefs of another group is a good way of recognizing the potential absurdity of many of one's own cherished beliefs." Gore Vidal

Level 10
Weird Dream I Feel Like Sharing

Okay, I had this dream a while ago, but I feel like sharing it anyway.
I don't remember all of it, but I do remember most.
So, the first place I'm in is like a hotel/skyscraper, and it's taller than any
building ever built.
I'm in one of the floors (every floor is like the room that you walk into, with
the accountant guy behind the counter, the carpets are red and the walls are
white, you know).
There's some random Asian guy walking down or up the stairs, I don't
remember.
Suddenly I have a big saw, not a chain saw but a big giant round one.
I go up to the guy and cut him in half. Weird, huh?
And then I'm in bed, my friend wakes me up and starts talking to me.
He mentions the murder, I say "huh, yeah, I wonder who did that..."
(I never, ever lie in real life)
Then after that I'm in prison and my friend is on the other side, he knows
that I killed the guy.
I'm like "well, this sucks" and he says "well, you deserve it" and walks
away. When he said that, it really hurt. Really badly.
The police found out from finger prints on something or other.
My reaction is just "oh, damn... that sucks".

And then there's a random scene, I don't know when I saw this in the
dream:
The Asian guy and his family walking down the street in the pouring rain,
I'm in a bus or a truck. The man has no shirt on but he's using his jacket
to cover his family from rain.

I would never kill someone.

Level 30
coolstorybro.png

yo! that's a cool story but, its weird :/

Level 22
Those that live their lives based upon silly dreams, or thinking that they're messages from a higher power are fools - If I had, I wouldn't be breathing.

Yes but how would you explain dreams of places that are realistic and have no bs in them and later happen? Whether dreaming a place you've not been and later go to this place or conversation with a person you meet you otherwise never knew about. I've had such and that's nothing to do with high power, nor 'living' of dreams, some dreams show something, sometimes true.

Some dreams showing some future you experience, some of it could be part of the 80% of unused brain. Who knows what abilities are 'locked' within it. Not that all are normal, some have meaning and can become real, others are complete nonsense - some are symbolism, emotional state etc. expressed in irrational dream.

Level 19
Yes but how would you explain dreams of places that are realistic and have no bs in them and later happen? Whether dreaming a place you've not been and later go to this place or conversation with a person you meet you otherwise never knew about. I've had such and that's nothing to do with high power, nor 'living' of dreams, some dreams show something, sometimes true.

Some dreams showing some future you experience, some of it could be part of the 80% of unused brain. Who knows what abilities are 'locked' within it. Not that all are normal, some have meaning and can become real, others are complete nonsense - some are symbolism, emotional state etc. expressed in irrational dream.

I think it's more likely that you remember your dreams when you see it in real
people are dreaming a lot more than than they can remember but forget the most stuff instantly
also that "xx% unused brain capacity" is a hoax abused for marketing

Level 22
I think it's more likely that you remember your dreams when you see it in real
people are dreaming a lot more than than they can remember but forget the most stuff instantly
also that "xx% unused brain capacity" is a hoax abused for marketing

It is true most of the cases of place or conversation occur when/if you experiece them, the feeling of deja vu but I've had many cases where I clearly remember having dreamed that. Sometimes it could be obvious things - you are going to another country, you have a dream of being there before going, you haven't seen your parents for a long time, you dream meeting them knowing this is what you will do in the future anyway. Despite the many sites who claim we use 100% of the brain (many site publications of which are completely clueless) many others who have a deeper view on the issue disagree, there is no evidence that we use 100% while we still don't know what dreams and other mental 'abilities' are so it is just as wrong.

Last edited:
Level 6
All you have interesting viewpoints, but what I'm really worried about is if this dream is trying to tell me something about the way I treat people. I don't think I treat my friends the way I treated the fish. Maybe when I was a kid. Hmm.

Level 10
All you have interesting viewpoints, but what I'm really worried about is if this dream is trying to tell me something about the way I treat people. I don't think I treat my friends the way I treated the fish. Maybe when I was a kid. Hmm.
Maybe you want a goldfish as a pet?

When you sleep your brain does maintenance, such as looking for areas to repair. It also shuts off the realistic part of your brain, and as I stated before, your imagination takes over. Dreaming 'into the future' and such have no scientific basis. There is a condition know as ESP and is fairly common, where you get something right, or you predict a strange event, such as someone being sick before you see them. ESP is known to show up in animals too, however, it has no supporting evidence and has been rejected by many scientists.

If animals are capable of having this occur than it is unlikely that it has anything to do with the X% of our brain that we do not use. It could easily be the fact that you're luckier than others.

Level 14
I once had a dream about a lethal injection, but I lived through it.

I had dream like that once too, I had made some serious crimes (probably killed my friend after he bought overpriced Mac Pro, or something like that), and then they gave me lethal injection. But I used some weird ninja skill, and survived.
I think I cut my hand off after they gave me the injection, before the poison spread to the rest of my body.

Level 8
I had dream like that once too, I had made some serious crimes (probably killed my friend after he bought overpriced Mac Pro, or something like that), and then they gave me lethal injection. But I used some weird ninja skill, and survived.
I think I cut my hand off after they gave me the injection, before the poison spread to the rest of my body.

What kind of wierd ninja skill? what did you do to them :eek:?

Level 6
Maybe you want a goldfish as a pet?
Yes. I can see it all now. I want to buy a giant goldfish from a pet shop so I can have a philosophical discourse with random asians on whether or not it would be right to eat it. Pffffff....this thread is going nowhere fast. You can keep discussing it if you want, or not.

Okay, I had this dream a while ago, but I feel like sharing it anyway.
I don't remember all of it, but I do remember most.
So, the first place I'm in is like a hotel/skyscraper, and it's taller than any
building ever built.
I'm in one of the floors (every floor is like the room that you walk into, with
the accountant guy behind the counter, the carpets are red and the walls are
white, you know).
There's some random Asian guy walking down or up the stairs, I don't
remember.
Suddenly I have a big saw, not a chain saw but a big giant round one.
I go up to the guy and cut him in half. Weird, huh?

Here's my interpretation:
The skyscraper symbolizes how "high above" you feel you are
The asian guy is pretty random, but when he walks down the stairs, denigration
is being reflected. You killed him with a saw right?
That shows how cruel you are (Beating up people below you :p)
The "asian" part probably involves racism or something :p

edit
If you ever find yourself jacking off in a dream, it means you're going to kill someone :p (interpreted by some weird dude xD)

Level 7
I once dreamt Justin Bieber was actually male. Most biologically inaccurate, scariest, most horrible dream I ever had.
Heh, just kidding.

To be realistic, I'd assume that my worst dream - in terms of oddity and the macabre - was one I had about two years ago. For sake of brevity, I will simply state a summary of it: It lasted, in reality, I'd say about an hour (I had most likely just entered into the REM stages of my sleep cycle), but, during that entire hour, I dreamt I was stuck in a neverending puzzle with a rubix cube - the catch was, if I couldn't solve it in two minutes, some shadowy figure standing next to me in my dream was to decapitate, eviscerate and impregnate me (biologically impossible, but you catch my drift), and the rubix cube reset its colours every second. The thing was, though, that, in my dream, time was completely irrelevant, and thus the two minutes never ended, but, were I to stop, I'd have to face the consequences, and thus I was caught in an eternal, life-threatening puzzle where I'd wrack my brains out for eternity or face being killed.

Yeah, even the description makes you think "What the heck was this guy smoking before he went to sleep?" I think I ate pizza before I slept, though, which would explain a lot...
Crap, I hope this doesn't give me a new reputation on the Hive.

Level 5
I always dream of me flying, and then I know it's a dream so i think "CAN I FLY IN THIS DREAM" Well its pretty random, my latest dream i remember morgana the angel from LoL was trying to kill me and then blah blah blah i had another dream and it was stupid stuff

I always dream of me flying, and then I know it's a dream so i think "CAN I FLY IN THIS DREAM" Well its pretty random, my latest dream i remember morgana the angel from LoL was trying to kill me and then blah blah blah i had another dream and it was stupid stuff

I also see me flying quite a lot. Psychoanalysts claim that it manifests a sexual appetite or will to be free (when you feel pressed by your family environment).

Status
Not open for further replies.