• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dark Cloud RPG.... A Demo release of Valland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
it is beautiful it's just when i look at it it feels like its not wc3 for some reason because the models are so great feels like its a better game

Level 18
lol

well, i think the MAIN point of creating this map, is that its not supposed to feel like WC3.... its supposed to feel like a different game...a more realistic game.

So by having everything high res itll be a good expierence to have such great things in a simple Wc3 map.

Level 13
lol you need to have some epic ass bosses and if you bosses make some finishing thing pweez never seen it in wc3 before it will be epic

Level 21
I think a map should be fun or give a long role play.

High Res doodads are attracting other modders to play it and give a much better experience with the environment.

This map uses a camera system. The camera is much closer to the hero and so every model and texture looks bigger and blurrier. High Res Doodads will prevent that.

Level 9
OMG in-game shots look amazing :D! However, i would like to know more about the game play,
Will there be items that can be equipped and show up on your character?
How would you use a ranger or any ranged character to attack, do you have a designated target?
Also, couldnt you use an ability to attack wouldnt it be easier via hotkeys to use attack with abilities for faster gameplay?
Terrain looks awesome but im not sure about the gameplay which i havent seen much of.

Level 18
the gameplay hasn't been decided yet much...but here is what the plan may be.

1) Attacking will be with the ESC key.... The Ranger will have a special scenario for himself, since its a ranged attacker. But basically ESC is to use a regular ass attack.

2) Spells will be on the regular spell /abiliteies slot. I am removing some basic things ( like patrol, which is rather useless ) So that you can have 8 Abiliites to use.

3) There will be items and equipment, most likly multiboard based, but most likly, the items will not change the characters appearnce ( only weopon attachments and shield attachments will be seen )

4) About the trailer : there is a deadline, so im hoping to meet my quota. Ive been working hard on it ... So i hope i can finish it in time. And the trailer is gonna be nice ( with asomath getting it together)

thedeathunterxx, i was ignored so you probably did not see my post on the page 4 or 3 don't really remember, any who i offered my skills to help you will the Terrain and Object Editor, i hope you saw my terrains and i hope you know that i can do good terrains. I can make items! any items you desire will be granted :D
I'm still learning recipes, but it's only triggers so i will most likely manage to do it!

Level 18
yea , for some reason your posts didn't show up till now lmao

but sure ! your welcome on the team :D ive seen ur terraining skills, and are excellent.

two things.

1) do you have AIM ? If you dont i suggest you download it at www.Aim.com
and then create an account. Its an instant messenger that makes it easier to transfer the map between people.

2) when i get in better touch with you, im gonna give you exact details on what to do in the map, because the terrain is one of the most important part of it .=)

WELCOME TO THE TEAM OZIRIUS ! :D

-------------------------------------

And just a note for anyone reading this, I NEEDD someone to create a costum User Interface for this RPG. It has to look RPGish. So if anyone is good at creating UI's please contact me.

Thedeathunterxx gave me the map and i tested it and it looks really great, the camera is amazing! very smooth indeed. What i don't like is the character selection, it isn't original at all. Try making your own terrain, would look allot more better. I'm doing the boss area and you forgot to tell me whats the boss? a beast, a bandit? don't know how to make the area if i don't know who's the boss. I looked for some scary models but they don't go with the high res ones :/

Level 14
Thedeathunterxx gave me the map and i tested it and it looks really great, the camera is amazing! very smooth indeed. What i don't like is the character selection, it isn't original at all. Try making your own terrain, would look allot more better. I'm doing the boss area and you forgot to tell me whats the boss? a beast, a bandit? don't know how to make the area if i don't know who's the boss. I looked for some scary models but they don't go with the high res ones :/

I'll give you the plan for it later today (The entire story for it). But very briefly, before I have to go, the main boss for the demo is an ice demon, manifest in the body of a Lord of Earth (There is a whole summoning quest chain). If you look at the area south of the main city, where three paths meet, the eastern most path leads to an island, where the boss fight should take place. I talked to deathhunter about making it more circular, but not unaturally circular, just to make the boss "arena" more even. I was thinking of a more ancient ruins kind of thing going on there, but whatever you decide to do, there needs to be 4 obelisks, or a form of energy pillar, near the center.

You can do what you think would look best, just note that there are no forms of long-lasting growth. So grass and such is allowed, but no huge trees.

Hope this is an ample description :D

~Asomath

Level 18
You dont like the character Selection ???

No one has EVER done that kind of selection as far as i know...
And its straight forward... not meant to confuse anyone.

Ohh and about the boss island, there can be trees, but very sparce, and make them pine tree #7's to give that dead effect....

Level 14
Go with what he said. I don't speak the language of the land well. In fact, I kill it. I just know the technical aspects, making it circular, and 4 energy obelisk type things near the center.

Oh, and with Oziris currently having the latest version, you'll have time to take a look at my personal request Deathhunter :p

~Asomath

Level 18
naa its not dead.

im just not commenting on the forum anymore. Since i dont want to get people to hyped up just incase it is dead.

But ive still been working on it. Havn't had much time but i have. Also been workin on other maps etc..

but dont think it dead cause its not, right now the project is silent...

Level 14
naa its not dead.

im just not commenting on the forum anymore. Since i dont want to get people to hyped up just incase it is dead.

But ive still been working on it. Havn't had much time but i have. Also been workin on other maps etc..

but dont think it dead cause its not, right now the project is silent...

Your taking a long time with that terrain. XD

~Asomath

P.S. I have swine flu! :O

Level 18
lol !

updates, not many, mostly terrain updates.

But are you gonna do the city Ozirus ? BEcause i havn't finished the city yet. and it would be cool if u could do it.

Also i still have to finish the Dragon lands, other then that though, the demo will be ready for scripting....

Level 18
need 2 - triggerers / scripters, preferably expiereenced in GUI, but if you can use Vjass, just convert everything to VJass.

need 1 or 2 Modelers - They must be able to make highresolution units ! in desperate need of those.

1 more worker for the object editor.

me and zoirus are terrainers at the moment, and asomath is a scriptor / boss maker.

@ ozirus, Ill upload it to pastebin when i get the chance. ill inform u when i do

Status
Not open for further replies.