• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dark Cloud, A perfect RPG... Stoyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Okay so here is the link to the Develpoment...

THE DARK CLOUD RPG !

I am looking for a storyline, not so cliche.

i have one in my head, but i want to see if anyone has any ideas.

I was planning on the Main character to be Corith Gadin, a human. however i came across an excellent dwarven model, who might serve many purposes...

so the first question is, should the main character be a dwarf...or a human?

and the second question is, what happens from there...

Level 11
Yeah, tell us first what do you want the story to kiiinda be about. Also, I would like to know if it's linear or more open, I mean - if somebody comes up with a story, will the whole RPG just follow that storyline, or will the hero be left to choose whether he wants to follow the story quests or just explore around the world and do any quest he likes (The Elder Scrolls come into mind). Just tell us this and if you have any likings as to what the story can be like. For example, do you want to include the main hero's past and if he had a hard past or a happy gaily life and so on and so on. If you wish the main hero to be able to fly and his main quest to be to reach the Moon and conquer it before Armstrong gets there. I hope you get my point [:

Also, I would vote him to be human. No particular reason, I just find it more appealing, even if the dwarf model is good, playing with a cool human character still beats magical elves and fairies and smelly orcs in my book.

Level 18
okay, here are some details.

1 ) The Dark Cloud isn't fully a linear RPG. It does have a story, but you dont have to do fully commit to it in a rush or anything, so i call it a flexible RPG.

2 ) i want the RPG to be upon someone who is nieve, and finds himself on a journey through an enourmous world. ( a 480 by 480 map :p)

3) the main character lives a happy life ( he is the son of the a high ranking official ) and he lives in a mansion on top of hill outside of ELora ( the nearest town) and i want him to leave his happy life to explore dangerous places...

4) The dark cloud is the name of a group of evil doer's ( thats what i intended ) which is why poeple in town would say " be careful, many spys of The Dark Cloud are lurking..." or something like that.

from here i dont exactly know where to take it... like how he ends up on this adventure, without it being such a cliched idea ( like basing it on lord of the rings >.> )

i was going for the fact that the main character would have to reach Dark Cloud castle, and kill the person who is causeing all the evil and stuff...

ya xD im bad at this i know xD

Level 18
The dark cloud is this realy sweet playstation game I used to play :D I loved it.

Anyway:

I would certanly go for dwarf, human is boring.
Story: He is kinda bored of a rich life, and the constant treatment of his father, and overcariing mother, and he sets himself in a adventure with a good buddy, with no money, and he promises himself that he won't return home for 10 years.

:/

Level 11
Aand would it be bad if he lived a happy life, but something bad happened in it and that bad thing triggered his urge to forsake everything with the mansion and his past life and make him go wander around in the vast world?

Level 18
wait it was a real video game at one point ?! wow i didn't know that xD im gonna check it out.

btw, that sounds interesting... kinda like pokemon. it just needs a better reason on why he left.

and Corith ( the main character) has no mother... i dont know why, but he just doesn't.

i guess you could include that in the sorty line :p

Level 11
Raiders attacking Elora. But let's suppose that it's a modest village with people living a quiet and normal life. And so the raiders and bandits don't find anything of value there. And so they are pretty angry about that and decide to burn the whole village. But the people don't want that, so they tell the raiders about the mansion of a high ranking official guy that is on a hill nearby. Delighted with the newfound sorce of MONEYZ, the raiders leave the village alone and go to the mansion. The father of Corith is no fighter however and since they are living in a peaceful land, he has never expected such a problem and isn't prepared in any way. So the mansion gets ransacked, servants get killed, father dies in some dramatic scene and Corith survives because of 1) he is young and more quicker than the other habitats of the mansion and thus hides faster than them and survives the ransacking. This is good, because you can make him witness the whole brutal scenes of destroying everything in his happy life. Or 2) he is just out in the woods for a walk or something and when he gets back he sees his home devastated, everybody he has ever known and loved killed. Dramatic moment, sad song, bang, Corith understand he has nothing to live for and that these lands only bring pain to his heart, so he decides to leave these parts of the world and to go explore different cultures, cities and lands. That's how he leave and becomes a wandering traveler or something. And after that, when Corith finds out about the group named the Dark Cloud, you can put in a part where it is said that they were the ones that sended the raiders and bandits in the first place to destroy and pillage random villages. So that can serve as a motivator for Corith and can fuel his anger and dedication to further destroy Dark Cloud. And so on, and so on. It became a little long and I'm pretty sure you find this stupid and boring, so I should shut up now, sorry for wasting your time, I just got carried away ><

Level 18
sorry bout that, ill fix it.

ummm ya guud guud ideas here.

one problem though, its hard to follow on a story where he just wants revenge. especially with this type of game.

i might base my story on that though. where his mother was slain by the dark cloud. and secretly, his father was the one who sent for her death. corith finds him, and then his father runs away. his father becomes even more corrupted by the evil of the dark cloud. and near the end, corith finnally meets his father in the dark cloud castle and slays him, then the real bad guy comes out... like the puppet master of the whole thing. and that would be like the finall boss battle or something.

Level 18
hmmm, so then both parents should be killed?

im thinkin about raiders and bandits like Nbah said. perhaps instead of bandits, it was the leader of Dark cloud who slays their parents. ( sorta sounding like harry potter ) and Corith survives, and then corith searches for him... but why...

maybe his parents are kidnapped instead of slain ? and he searches for his parents.?

Level 11
Isn't that kinda cheesy? I mean, I don't see anything special in searching for his parents ><. Also, I second your opinion on not having a mother and only a father, it's a better idea than having them both alive. She could've died when she gave birth to Corith or something. But it's better if he has only a father at that point.

Level 11
Could be, if that's what you like. And Corith just isn't like his father and strives to be good and do righteous things and so on and so on and in the end teaches his father a lesson. If you like it, use it.

Level 11
Well, that's pretty much what you could use for the main idea of the story. Father kills people just for the enjoyment, cause deep down inside he is a crazy psycho, but in front of other people he hides it well and creates the illusion of being a high ranking successful person. But one day, he just decides that this doesn't bring him any enjoyment anymore, so he decides to start killing things, going completely psycho. Our boy survives and starts going around the world, maturing along the way and becoming from a simple boy who lived a happy life, to a experienced and strong warrior/mage/dragon/whatever-you-like-and-whatever-your-hero-is-going-to-be thing. And on his ways along the world, once he returns into his mother lands and there he visits the near town (maybe Elora or something). And there he heards rumors of The Dark Cloud. An evil organization (or maybe just one person, dunno, whatever you like most) that spreads and does evil deeds without a purpose or no gain from it, just for the mere enjoyment of it. It's vital that you make the Dark Cloud seem like organization filled with crazed people who only believe in destroying, murdering and annihilating anything in the world for the pure enjoyment. Aand since our hero is a good guy, striving to be righteous and to help people, he decides to stop this evil organization. And along the way at some point he finds out the thing about his father aand he'll be the final boss. And so on. You can expand the story as much as you want and you'll have exactly what YOU and not me or anyone else wants. And what you think is the best, IS the best [:

Level 18
lol

Nbah thats perfect.

im pretty sure thats going to be my main storyline.

here it is, when you start the game ( a starting cinematic ):

A shadowy figure is seen bleeding a village women do death with some strange magic... it is dark, and rainy and no one is outside... all of a sudden the thing turns around, and Corith WAKES from his dream... he gets up, panting and sweating. He looks at the time. It is 3'oclock at night, and he knows he cant go back to sleep....

----
at that point you wander around your house. Eventually you end up in your fathers room. You discover he isn't there. Corith is a bit frightined, but he tries to be calm. he tells himself that he should look for his father. perhaps he is at work late in Elora...

Then with your character you exit your house, it is raining, and it is dark...
you end up soon in Elora. and somewhere in the village...

----- ( enter another cinematic )

a Shadowy figure bleeds a village women in an alleyway. You draw your sword, ready to slay the basterd. The fiend turns around and you see his grotesque face... he casts a spell and all goes black....

------

5 years later you find yourself in the Elora hospital...your eyes begin to open, and a nearby priest gasps and says " HE's AWake ! he is AWake! " Corith doesn't remember the face he saw 5 years ago... but he clearly remembers the dark scene that took place that night.
Now free to rome around the place, you find out about a strange syndicate that goes by the name of The Dark Cloud. Your father hasn't been seen in 4 years. Many people say he was kidnapped by the Dark Cloud. And a few say that he left to go defeat them...

Corith decideds to find and annihilate the entire syndicate and find his father. Gathering information, and spanning the new world, he makes his way towards the Dark Cloud Castle, where he believes he will find his answer....

little did he know what he would find...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^^^ the answer is pretty obvious about what he will find, but not that many people look at this thread so, only a few people will know the story before they play it :D

sounds good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.