• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #8 - Melee Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I finally decided to have another try on a texturing contest.
Working on a Warden texture with some owl-like armor.

Believe or not, but I already needed around 2 hours just to get the shape of the mask right (the wrap is a total bitch) D:

oh and what size do you guys use when working on a skin??

Attachments

• DDWardenWip.jpg
    DDWardenWip.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 223

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
I can see it now, when your raid strolls into his room...

"How do you do, I
See you've met my
Faithful
Handyman.

He's a
Little brought down because
when you knocked he
Thought you were the
Candyman."

No updates from me, but I gots ideas.

EDIT: and here they are.

Q: But it looks exactly the same!

A: Just you wait.

Attachments

• WardenWIP1.jpg
    WardenWIP1.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Level 38
ya, a lot of his facial features are pretty masculine. The nose and mouth are going to be hard to work around to. Considering how feminine elven males already look Blizzard did a pretty good job at making the Blood Mage look like a dude. Could probably make a pretty good orc female out of him because their more or less the same cross of masculine/feminine elven males are, but unfortunately that's not allowed with the theme.

Hehe, maybe you could go for a Dwarven female look XD

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Well, I didn't expect anyone to take on the MK, I might have to switch models now. Anyway, as GIMP crashed on me, I figured it was an OK timing to produce a WIP.

MountainKing_WIP2UW.png

Wrap on the beard really is a piece of work, though. Will have to come up with something stretchable for the lower part.

EDIT:
Alpha is fairly stretchable.
MountainKing_WIP4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i didn't expect anyone to take on the mk, i might have to switch models now. Anyway, as gimp crashed on me, i figured it was an ok timing to produce a wip.

wrap on the beard really is a piece of work, though. Will have to come up with something stretchable for the lower part.

Edit:
Alpha is fairly stretchable.

GIMLI!

and godamnit Amph pick a model already.

Level 25
150077-albums4247-picture47614.png

Okay, so this is how he currently looks. I don't really know what the hell I am going to do with that chest-armor. I am thinking about turning it into platemail like the legplates. All I know is that the Kirin Tor symbol has to remain.

EDIT: Actually, I think I just solved that problem.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Looking pretty cool, Chrome. Bit of a clash of colours at the moment though.

More WIP.
MountainKing_WIP7.png

Level 8
150077-albums4247-picture47614.png

Okay, so this is how he currently looks. I don't really know what the hell I am going to do with that chest-armor. I am thinking about turning it into platemail like the legplates. All I know is that the Kirin Tor symbol has to remain.

EDIT: Actually, I think I just solved that problem.

Love the spheres.

Level 38
Looking pretty cool skiik. Mustache looks a little big/plain compared to the rest of the beard. Also you could check out the Skin UVs link in my sig to get the UVs of the mountain king for weird stuff like his beard. Sort of curves outward halfway down, avoiding the bottom right corner of the skin.

Anyways, wip 2

Attachments

• GnomeMtKingWip2.jpg
    GnomeMtKingWip2.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 222

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

shiiK, it looks great, but i think u might lose points in originality, MK is famous already for that makeover. Anyhow, looks really high quality so far, and a great MK replacement no doubt!

Famous for what makeover?

Status
Not open for further replies.