• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #8 - Melee Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone saying the contest's already over?
Do my computers all show the wrong date or something? From what I see in the main post, the contest doesn't end until twelve tonight.

----

This is my entry if I don't get around to updating it anymore.

attachment.php

Download Troll Far Seer

Attachments

• TrollFarseer.blp
    147.7 KB · Views: 109
  • TrollFarSeerF.png
    TrollFarSeerF.png
    408.5 KB · Views: 1,127
  • TrollFarseerIngame.png
    TrollFarseerIngame.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 11,133
Last edited:
Level 5
Damn, missed the deadline by 3 hours D:

I'm submitting mine for my pride, purely to say that it's done.

I can't test it in game at the moment, due to not having WC3 on this computer. In order to get the alpha on the wings to work, you'll need to set the opacity to 1% through triggers and make sure the hero doesn't have Shadowmeld or other abilities that similarly affect transparency.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and just for kicks here's how it looks with some material edits :>

EDIT: Oh wait, I'm stupid. It's only 3:am GMT, so I've got all day :p

EDIT: Ingame shot added.

ON topic:

Omg man i really like the color's on her :OOOOO +rep man ^^

Off topic: This is going to be used fro Spectre in dota for sure.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I'm terribly sorry for all the delay, but I won't be opening the poll just yet, because a few of the entries are corrupt and some are simply not working properly in WE (probably wrong path). I've sent a PM to each of the contestants this applies to, so if you haven't heard anything, you're in the clear. I'll be witholding the poll for a while to give these contestants a fair chance to solve this. I already have the entries stored on my computer, so it won't be possible for any of these to update their entry while fixing this.

We'll also need another judge, but if we're all fine with darkdeathknight judging, we're set. I'll be judging as well. Dentothor, nothing personal against you, but you've been judging the last three contests, if not more, and I think you should take a break for this round.

Edit: Verified two of the bugged entries, it's a path problem, but as this is a texturing contest and the skins are functioning properly with custom models, they are most definitely not broken. Poll is up and running. Vermillion Edict and chr2, you ought to fix your entries ASAP so people will be able to see them behave in-game. Judging will also be delayed if this is not fixed, and if it takes too long, I will be disqualifying you.

Attached is a map with 9 of the 11 entries imported properly, courtesy of Deolrin, for those interested.

Attachments

• TexturingContestTestmap.w3x
    2.4 MB · Views: 457
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.