• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrainer Req. (New Map based off 11th Vampire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Skirmished Lands - Terrainer Req. (11th Vamp)

Skirmished Lands

So some may know me as the continued Author of the RoC game 11th Vampire, and others as the author of Vuen's D&D.

I took those games under my wing and injected a more solid, comprehensive framework into them, expanding on their features and gameplay.

This project is based off of the 11th Vampire. However, the 11th Vampire has inherent flaws built into its design.

Because of that, I want to make my own map based off the same concept but with a better design. That's why I'm here

What is the 11th Vampire and how does Skirmished Lands improve off it?

The 11th Vampire, at it's core, is about finding and killing your enemies while teaming up with your allies to do so.

Due to the size of the map (192x224) there is a secondary element of exploration and resource acquisition. It adds an RPG element to a competitive map.

Moving across the map earns you various resources in the form of gold or items/item sets. Quests can also earn you lumber which is used for more advanced purchases.

You need to kill weak targets to gain gold and EXP as you go.

I want to expand on this system. For bases I have been working on these:

Through the Diplomacy Hall, players will be able to write up and dissolve alliances.

Through the Mercenary Den they can hire mercenaries.

Through Base Upgrades they can expand their food limit, improve their denizens and guardians, gain base protectors, purchase new buildings and more.

Through the Item Shop they can purchase useful items to help them along.

Towers can also be upgraded and rebuilt, and generally guard your base.

Purchasable base buildings include a Long Range Periodic Buffer, a shop to purchase long term buffs, and an ability shop.

Outposts will also contain an Auction Hall, which allows you to purchase an item from a random item set listed in the Auction Hall window.

Outposts also contain Quest Givers.

I want to play on the PvP aspect by giving players bases that enemies can attack and which players can choose to invest in.

I want to allow various play styles that can change the dynamics of the game. I have a large list in place, and am working on designing it.

Characters will be interesting, capable of changing up how people play. Trap setters, creatures that can create layers, change map effects, have powerful aura buffs and rely on army size, summoners, just very interesting heroes.

I call the game type Hero Skirmish, as a lot of the fighting is skirmishes from players coming across each other as they go.

Victory is achieved when all enemies souls are destroyed.

What I need/My contribution

So I'm completely designing the systems in vJASS and creating the skills, borrowing assets from my other games I've made (11th and Vuens) while learning new assets.

I'm working on the design, and keeping track of my changes and ideas in document form.

I don't want it to be complex, but rather fun and easy to get into. Almost self-explanatory.
I have a quest system that will teach players as they go.

All I need is someone to terrain the playing field.

I have the layout, since I'm borrowing the general layout from 11th Vampire. You can see the rough mock-up of it here. I can provide the open 11th Vampire map as reference.

Creative Freedom is welcome, but the fact that it's already designed should make it easier to focus on details and ideas and making it look really nice.

The style I am looking for is non-WC3 cliffs, rather the cliff style using the raise/lower tools.

I've already got a lot of the systems in place, and am working on further expanding the gameplay.

The document is also unfinished, and there are plenty of ideas in my head not yet in the doc. (Like random item sets and drops and quest lists, unit descriptions, etc.)

Attachments

• Map Layout.png
    Map Layout.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Skirmished Lands.doc
    39 KB · Views: 54
  • Siege Home.w3x
    796.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.