• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recruiting: Alphatesters (11th Vampire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Prospective Alpha Testers:
Adiktuz
Dragonson
duke-zip
Acorn511

I'm at playability on my game the 11th Vampire. Realize though that by playability I do not mean the game is going to be asthetically pleasing or fully functional.

What I need is people to test this version of the 11th Vampire and do their best not to leak it out or spread it. (So do private games please) It's not polished, and somewhat lacking. I wouldn't want a random stranger to get a bad impression of the map simply because it's not polished.

As an Alpha tester you will supply feedback on hero balances, bugs, computer slowing, and typos. You may be asked to perform specific events to test these balances out. You'll play the game repeatedly, probably until it gets boring.

Here is what you may be doing as an Alpha/Beta tester.

- First we test vampire hero balance on multiple levels.
● 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5
● PvE To see heroes survivability against the map's elements, 1vE, 2vE, 3vE, 5vE
● Ease of Quests

- We'll also test the Lieutenants balance
● 1v1, 1v2 against all vamps
● PvE: Ease of Quests, Speed of Leveling
● Strength with Cassady
● Strength of Mortal Vampire
● Strength with Tynan

By participating in Beta Testing you will recieve a mention by me in the map's credits and +1 Rep.

The testing has begun, and more testers are definently needed, both for solo testing and private testing in larger groups.

For full information and map specifics, as well as a link to the downloadable version of my map, go here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/11th-vampire-remake-155503/

Currently if you want the opensource, it's advised you PM me and we'll work something out :)

Last edited:
I'm nearing playability on my game the 11th Vampire. Realize though that by playability I do not mean the game is going to be asthetically pleasing or fully functional.

What I need is people to test this unreleased version of the 11th Vampire and do their best not to leak it out or spread it. (So do private games please) It's not polished, and somewhat lacking.

As an Alpha tester you will supply feedback on hero balances, bugs, computer slowing, and typos. You may be asked to perform specific events to test these balances out. You'll play the game repeatedly, probably until it gets boring.

Here is what you may be doing as an Alpha/Beta tester.

- First we test vampire hero balance on multiple levels.
● 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5
● PvE To see heroes survivability against the map's elements, 1vE, 2vE, 3vE, 5vE
● Ease of Quests

- We'll also test the Lieutenants balance
● 1v1, 1v2 against all vamps
● PvE: Ease of Quests, Speed of Leveling
● Strength with Cassady
● Strength of Mortal Vampire
● Strength with Tynan

By participating in Beta Testing you will recieve a mention by me in the map's credits and +1 Rep.

The beta test will likely start in a week, give or take a couple days. The terrain must be completed first though, which is presently out of my hands.

I can try anything that will only need 1 player...

Level 13
Hard to describe. Best description I can think of is a non save competitive RPG like Against the Darkness or Island Troll Tribes. Only this is 5v5v1 whereas Against the Darkness is like 8v1 and ITT is 6v6?

If you want full details, check out this thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/11th-vampire-remake-155503/

But if you're interested in a quick rundown, you basically stalk a city leveling up and buying useful items. Meanwhile your enemies are doing the same on the other side of the city.
Complete quests for rewards, like any RPG. The lieutenant, who is the soloplayer, will try to stop both you and your enemies and kill you off. If he dies, he will be ressurected on your team.

The winner is the last team standing. It's simple, so you have an even learning curve, but it's complex enough to keep you involved and playing it repeatedly.

If I can pick up a few more coders I could probably throw in game mode options like territory control (King of the Hill style) and whatnot, but right now I'm not too worried about it. The spells and quests are my main concern. I might put up an ad for that soon though.

Last edited:
Level 6
I know i already posted in your coding thread, buuuut i always felt the heroes were up/op. So i would like to test it out for you. Also if you don't mind. A friend and I play WC3 over LAN occasionally, and when you say "do their best not to leak it out or spread it." I don't know if you mean publicly or anyone that isn't myself.

Level 13
I mean publicly. It really isn't meant to be played on Battle.net, as at this point some heroes will have an obvious advantage in the game, which will damage it's credibility and people's perception of it. :\

LAN is fine though, since anyone you will be playing with will know that the game is for testing purposes at the moment.

Level 13
The Alpha test is going to start when I've finished all the spells for 6 heroes.

The 6 heroes should be:

Returned
Assassin
Alchemist
Vitae
Gangrel
Slayer

More game elements such as modes, quests, and heroes will be brought in as they're developed. After enough time in Alpha stage, with enough feedback, the game can be brought to an open Beta, and shared on battlenet.

Also I will need to finish the spells on the Lieutenant too. Estimated time for all this shouldn't exceed a week.

Assassin just needs one more spell, same with the Returned (A hook spell). The Vitae and Gangrel are finished. Alchemist just needs me to create 2+ rune items, and add a missile animation to his molotov.

Unfortunately the Slayer isn't very complete. I may resort to just using the Succubus instead. Slayer needs a missile effect with collision properties, a fix on his track ult, and 2 spells to be thought up for him.

The succubus has 1 completed spell and 3 others needing to be made.

Last edited:
Level 13
Tonights private Beta Test went really well, and I was able to find and squash a lot of bugs on the map. Thanks to those who participated, I'll be giving +rep.

Next private ALPHA test will be held in Clan RPGs on USWest at 9pm EST, 7pm Mountain Standard Time on Tuesday, Febuary 2nd. That's US timezones. The game may not begin for 10 mins past the stated time, since we will want to give adequate time for all testers to arrive. (I suggest finding something to occupy your time while waiting) After which we will begin regardless of who is or isn't there.

I'd love to see any potential testers. I could always use more. The map is a bit rough around the edges, but it's quite a lot of fun the larger the number of people.

Last edited:
Level 13
The private Beta testing will begin in 30mins. We're looking forward to this test, and I've added a few features and fixed some bugs, as well as prettied up some of the models used.

Join us in Clan RPGs on USWest if you'd like to participate. All are welcome! The game will be private.

EDIT:
The beta test went well and I've collected some more feedback and am going to fix some bugs. Thanks for all who participated tonight. I will also be updating the main forum with the newest map.

Last edited:
Level 13
My apologies to those who are Alpha testing for not keeping you up to date recently.

I've caught a snag and am trying to rework the Daylight Burning system. I'm only having problems with what happens when Night turns to Day and you're not inside a Haven. It seems real easy to solve, but my solutions haven't proved succesful yet. Once they're fixed, a Beta test can happen.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Hmmm, I can Alpha Test =)

What Server?
and Username?

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Titanhex. Server is: USWest (Lordaeron.)

The hosting is a bit limited since I can't host. However I've knocked out a few bugs here and there, and hopefully can produce a stable beta soon here for the public.

Im in US.WEST Too, Add "Coal"

Status
Not open for further replies.