• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recruiting: Coders (11th Vampire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Current Coders:
Titanhex

The 11th Vampire is a competitive map with a max level of 25, similar to Against the Darkness or Island Troll Tribes. It's 5v5v1, and focuses on competitive, cooperative, and individual gameplay.

I have decided to remake and revise the 11th Vampire in hopes of increasing it's fun factor. It is an extremelly fun game to play.

I was hoping to get some additional triggerers and JASS scripters to assist me on pushing this game forward. Your name will be under the Coders list when you've presented your first bit of code to me. Presently I'm working on spells for heroes. A huge handful of the triggers are complete for gameplay, and the terrain is almost done. I just need people to help me do quests, make spells, and add game modes. I'd love for this map to shine.

For info about how it plays, as well as a direct link to the opensource of the map, go to this thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/11th-vampire-remake-155503/#post1436368

Reply if you're interested. I imagine it could be in beta quickly. From there we just expand on the available content and adjust things according to feedback from Alpha testers.

Below is a list of features I wish to add and some things that I still need to do:

● Fix a few bugs on quests and optomize the triggers.
● Pretty up the layout of the interface.
● Add a low level and high level restricted quest that allows you to denounce your Vampirism and join the City. Only available once by two questgivers on the map during 5v5v1 play.
● Add a quest that allows the Lieutenant to switch allegiance to a clan of his choosing.
● Add additional quests to deepen the storyline.
● Scale the guard's stats by the number of players currently in the game.
● Optomize and create more spells for heroes and items.
● Create dynamic battles with high-priority NPCs that requires teamwork. Also add simulated AI to units.
● Improve on the items available to be purchased.
● Add set items.

Modes

● Add a feature to choose the number of lives available.
● Add an Easy Mode feature that shortens day and lengthens night.
● Add a 2v2v2v2v2v1 mode.
● Add a 3v3v3v2 mode.
● Add a king of the Hill mode.
● Add a capture the flag mode.
● Add a survival mode for the Lieutenant.

Last edited:
Level 6
Id be glad to help out. Making spells is very fun. =) Im pretty great at GUI (although i never really figured out anything in Quest - ...) So, yeah. I can do most on your list and after brief instruction your quests also. I used to play this game on RoC. Good times.

Level 13
Bump. Still looking for coders to assist. You'll be placed on the list after I've recieved the first piece of coding from you :)

This isn't a tough map to work on, and plenty of room for spell creation or quest creation, or adding modes. I could even use item creators.

Plus the game itself is highly enjoyable, and I have a lot of optomizing and editing experience to make the game pack full of goodies and original content.

Level 13
T4CO and I are doing really well on this map, but one last Coder to work on any portion of it would be great in increasing the replayability of this map.

Act fast, we're making good headway. I imagine a publicly available beta testing will be open in 2-4 more tests.

The only thing this map requires is JNGP to work with, and I'll gladly help you get it. Thanks :D

Level 19
Erm, besides a coder, are there any minor tasks you might need people to do? Because I feel like helping out a little... Sorry...

Level 13
Shore, I could probably gather up some minor tasks for anyone who may feel up to it.

If you're good with numbers I could always use help balancing out damage formulas, heal formulas, and stuff like that. It's basically comparing what is too much and what isn't enough, as well as giving ideas for if something is overpowered.
If you're REALLY good with numbers & math I always need help figuring out equations for spell motion effects.

There's also Alpha testing, where you check to see if the game needs work for solo play or if it's too difficult or too easy or what bugs there are and checking for spelling mistakes. You gotta have a really good eye for detail and be a bit of micromanager. But I do occasionally hold private-public games when I've reached the next stage of a map.

Hmm, then I could always use some photoshop skillz for some small stuff. Guess the only thing left after all that would be making items in the object editor and possibly helping me brainstorm. Or checking the object editor for inconsitencies or something.

Honestly there's not a lot of small things that can be done besides those. Most the small things are already done :\ Wish I could find some way for you to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.