• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Open Sourced] Vuen's D&D and 11th Vampire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hey guys. I wanted to publicly release two of my maps as open products for anyone to work on and alter. I don't want the work and time I put into them to go to waste, and I love the games themselves.

As well, if you'd like to discuss either please do.

These are maps that were learning experiences for me. In many places, the code will reflect that.

I'm hoping someone will take up their continuation.

If you use the data inside for your own personal map, such as spells or systems, be sure to credit the original authors. If you're unsure of the author, ask here on this thread or send me a PM.

I authored much of the code myself. However, a lot of it is dependent on systems created by others, such as TimerUtils, UnitIndexer, xe, LastOrder, Knockback, and a few other systems.

The maps are all written and converted to JASS and vJASS. It may be difficult to understand them if you only know GUI.

On the 11th Vampire

Since I get asked often about it, 11th Vampire's bug is primarily linked to the use of TimerUtils.
My theory is that they're not being recycled properly and the limit is being hit after 20 minutes of play. Likely due me not releasing the timers at an important point or the release not referencing correctly.

With some time, I could very well fix that. But I also see a few flaws in 11th Vampires design and would rather rebuild a similar game from scratch with the limited time I have, so that's what I've started doing.

On Vuen's D&D

For Vuen, there isn't really much wrong with it. It's an enjoyable map, and with some attention and fostering of it's community it could grow. I've had a lot of fond experiences using this map to run exciting campaigns.
It also contains many good templates to create a lot of different map types out of it.

And honestly, the pointer system it uses should have been the standard upon which all Roleplay maps were built on. It's so much faster and more intuitive than the Hovering Selector.

Hopefully someone takes up the mantle of these maps.

(For 11th Vampire, you will need JNGP with all the features enabled or it will crash)
(For VDnD, you only need the default Editor)

Attachments

• VDnD.w3x
    5.9 MB · Views: 82
  • 11th Vampire02_18.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 68
Level 3
There are issues with the DND map, I will post those that I currently know and if anyone else knows of others post them up these are issues which have been around for the longest time and never got fixed it any updated release.

- Entangling Roots crashes the map on cast
- Spawning a Fountain of Rejuvination causes the name Fountain of Rejuvination to be spammed on everyones screen until the fountain is removed.
- Weather commands require double space before inputing the weather name otherwise the first letter gets cut off after one space.
- Ultimate spells missing such as stampede, volcano, starfall & some more I forgot of.
- If DM gives self a hero allies & enemies will attack DM unable to change alliance of DM player
- Allies & Enemies cannot buy items from shop
- Sylvanas Windrunner (High Elf Form), & Carine Bloodhoof Is missing as a selectable
- Boats move on land & not in water

I am certain there is more I will edit this post if I remember them if anyone else does just post up your list here!

Level 13
Had many good memories of DM'ing Vuen's, some neat custom abilities in there. If I ever have freetime from my project, I'd like to create dynamic items that the DM can throw together manually or roll dice on to give to players.

Level 8
Good initiative @Titanhex.
Although, in what you told the maps are in a very low state. They can turn out to be good games, contributing to other maps, making people learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.