• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vuen's D&D Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Currently I'm working on an RP map known as Vuen's D&D. So far I've opened up and enabled a huge amount of new options than what was originally on the map. It's a lot like Quatre Dan's D&D experience, but with some unique systems. It has point and click spawn system instead of your common but less efficient spawner system. It uses 3 DMs, 7 players, and 2 computer characters.

I've made a huge change from the original Vuen's D&D SMW. Namely I've added a skill add system, allowed DMs to spawn units and give players heroes, and given certain skills up to ten levels.

The game will be amazing, and I can see it becoming played way more often from here on. I'm excited to do my first release soon here, sometime on the fourteenth. Hopefully my name will become well known in the RP community.

What I really need is programmers who can help find the error in my code. All I did was modify the code I understood, which can easily create some leaks and doesn't get me very far. Here are my programming issues:

- I need to find and remove the leaks, unfortunately I don't know how leaks work or how to remove them. But I'm positive that there's many of them.

- I need to find a way to make the skill add and ally commands not show up in DM chat like the other chat commands.

- I'd like to implement a system to prevent players from attacking allied units.

- I'd like to fix the chat command that allows you to level up skills be something closer to SotDRP, where you just type in the same thing over and over to level up the skill instead of say 'firebolt then +firebolt to level it up. Also leveling up skills past their designated maximum causes the skill to not work properly. These are things I'd like to prevent.

I made need some artists and modelers when I start doing themed maps, but I'm not sure when that will be. Anyone who can help please do, I'll send you the map and you'll have a very worth mention in the credits if not a spot in the name of the version. If you have a bolder request, feel free to request it. I need all the help I can get to make this map run as smoothly as I want it to.

Level 13
As well, I'll be attaching a map in the next few days. Hopefully by the 14th. Vuen's D&D RP is on this site, though the version I'm working on is only on my computer.

I'd upload it now, but my internet is down so I'd have to transfer it to a mobile storage device and upload it through a public library computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.