• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Terrain] How to get different cliff/shore lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi,

I am trying to make different islands, etc. of different tiles, but I only have 2 options: the default dirt cliff and the default city cliff.

However, the developer made "shores" of any tiles (though there's no cliffs really). How do you do it like this?

2a9bdb5.png

Level 10
This is just using the raise and lower function, with the misc.txt file that is on the forums, which allows you to extend the maximum cliff height, and make very vertical cliffs. This is why he has been able to do it with all terrain tiles.

It does briefly go over it as well in hell_master's link, so I would suggest reading that, and also looking up on the forums for the misc.txt file

Level 15
Edit: Ok I think I figured it out.

I still have no clue what you guys are talking about. Say I want to make an island that is all snow tiles, no dirt or city cliff, how do I do this? I had to make the UI folder and put Misc.txt inside, but still nothing going on.

Look see how I can just put the ice tiles on this terrain, but there is no annoying cliff.

5dku8p.png

How do I reproduce this in parts of the map where there is just water? There it only lets me make dirt or city cliff.

Here's another example (how do I reproduce it??) where he has uses a dark tile as the cliff, when I can only select city or dirt -_-

27y8z1c.png

Status
Not open for further replies.