• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Temporary prevent/disable the unit movement speed and order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
1. i guess disable the unit ordering is impossible without pause(pause is screw up alot thing)/disable player control(hide the unit inventory) etc but maybesomebody have a good tip/idea,
or it is possible prevent easily the unit control?

mostly the most annoying order is the rmove item in inventory, yea i know how to detect it, just dont have easier methode for prevent it temporary ?

Level 17
Hidden ability based on channel and set it to disable other abilities. Could work. You can order units to use hidden Channel.

I have to test if that works like pause, which would make it a bad solution.

EDIT: Doesn't work like pause and unit is not paused per se. Nice.

but how can i disable the orders like switch/use item in inventory(thats orders are ability too?) and right click (smart i guess)?

This is how you disable the unit's movement speed (it can't move but can turn around in one spot);
  • Set Unit = (Triggering unit)
  • Custom script: call SetUnitPropWindow(udg_Unit, 0.00)
This will cause the unit to be like it is ensnared.

y, i used it just i forget to change the thread name :)

Level 17
ah i forget that field at channel in object editor
this exactly do same problem then the unit pause :p

so
  • test
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing 1 as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hero - Create Potion of Greater Invisibility and give it to Blood Mage 0001 <gen>
      • Hero - Order Blood Mage 0001 <gen> to use (Last created item)
so hero can't use/consume the items :/
(also cant make ranged melee switch during that coz that also disabled)

Status
Not open for further replies.