• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Disabling Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I feel really stupid but despite all my experience in the editor I can't work this simple thing out...

Without disabling user control and or/activating cinematic mode is there a way to prevent players issuing orders to units, but still able to use abilities while a unit is selected.

I know I could do something like

-> Unit is issued order

-> order unit to stop

But it's not my ideal way of going about it <.<

Thanks in advance! :)

Level 13
Why not just do it like you said, issued an order?

Seems like the best way if you want to still be able to use abilitys..

Maybe give more info on your situation, If you made them buildings you could use abilities still and not move them. If you wanted to do a LegionTD type thing and for a time swap the unit with a building of its same type, that way during that time they can still cast but do nothing else.

Or you could have Player Extra be allies or netral with the units u wanna freeze and cast silence over them, This would make it so they couldnt attack with melee or ranged but u can still allow them to cast abilities.

You could use mass unit pause. But that just makes them not move all together. You would still be able to issue them orders and cast abilities, they just wouldnt do it till unpaused i think.

idk i'll try and give ya more options once you tell more what ya need it for. :)

Level 17
If you wish to be able to cast spells, but not want to move the unit, make a dummy unit - selling system. Have the Unit you selected take the color of the selector, and show up on him the units sold in a layout you wish, then inside the acualy unit have custom abilities, then buy a unit, kill the unit (or remove from game), and make a custom script that issues an order to the unit to cast the spell.

Level 33
How about this?
  • Conditions
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is YourUnit) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
To answer the following quote:
players issuing orders to units, but still able to use abilities while a unit is selected.

Level 13
Ok got it, if he doesn't like my options from before. make the unit paused, but when you select it then un-pause it so your able to cast abilities then re-pause it again. Something like that could work if done right.

Level 33
Ok got it, if he doesn't like my options from before. make the unit paused, but when you select it then un-pause it so your able to cast abilities then re-pause it again. Something like that could work if done right.

Players/Humans are Intelligent creature
They do at anything to cheat the system
If they still select the unit, the order will not be disable since this will enable the ability
So, able ability = unit can be ordered to attack/move/stop... etc command also

Level 12
Just remove the move button, then when you want them to move again, put it back?

Not sure if that's possible, but it should be....

Status
Not open for further replies.