• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Team and recruitement (open)

Level 18
As all other projects we need to gather a team. As far there are very few of us and we hope that some of you guys can help us.

The Team:
Norinrad: Project Leader, MDL editing, skins, command buttons, storyline, ideaman,
North Star: 2nd Project Leader, MDL editing, object editor, trigger, spells, storyline, ideaman
EvilShade: skins, command buttons, maptester,
Leopard: lead triggerer, spells, skins,
Gate[C]aster: trigger, ideaman,
sorlorg - terrain

Want to join us? Send an PM to me with info what you want to do and some piece of your work.
We need more modelers now. Expecially those who make like to make buildings and doddads models.

NEWS!

LOOKING FOR AN ANIMATOR. PLEASE SEND A P/M TO NORTH STAR IF YOU CAN ANIMATE.

Level 13
Re: Team and recruitement

Norinrad said:
A
Basicly we need every help. And triggerers most! We need triggerer, terrainer, triggerer, modeler or mdl editer, triggerer, skinner, triggerer ideaman, triggerer etc. Oh and a triggerer!

I think i'm good with trigger and JASS, especially spellmaking, IMO. I'm new in JASS but have already used to it. You can check all of my spell in this site. Hope I can help.

Level 2
I would help with the triggering, i'm excellent at using the basics.. But i don't volunteer for the fact that i don't know how to use variables or custom triggers. ( I don't get the whole "JASS" thing..)...

Level 2
Hi im a pretty good terrainer but im most spicialized in lordearon summer but i can go practise on lordearon winter and send you what i got!!

i can do ONLY the most simple of triggering(what is JASS??)

and i could help test the map also.

could help with a few ideas too

Level 18
Our team has grew fast^^ We have 2 new terrainers: JetPack and sorlorg, and a new triggerer: skwee. Welcome all!

We have enough triggerers and terrainers now, so recruitement for those is closed ( besides those who declaired earlier to help us) What we need the most now are skinners.

Level 5
Shadowy Crafter

Hey, Norinrad. I've seen your gnomish models. And let me tell you that I can help you with the race techtree and the custom units, abilities, upgrades.

In fact, I think I could create part of the race.

Level 2
EAeehh ddoeehh

thanks for explaining what JASS is Leopard.

you said something about GUI, but what is this GUI then?????(man i sound like a retard)

Norinrad: thanks for lettin´ me join

Level 13
Telefragged said:
GUI = Guided User Interface

hmmm, i think GUI (Graphical User Interface), but in this case, it means the trigger it self.

Like I said before JASS is actually script language that all behind the map system. But in order to give modder an easy costumizeable system, blizzard make the interface so that you can easily costumize it, that's what you call as trigger.

If you want spawn an unit all you can do is just make trigger "Create 1 Footman for player 1 on region x facing 30.00", easy, eh? instead of write the code in JASS, "call CreateUnitAtLoc(bla,bla,bal,......".

But, using too much GUI trigger will cause much memory leaks on your map, your map become more slower and slower in game. That's why JASS is better, but with hard coding effort too.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Leopard said:
Well, i'm as skinner too. :D

Anyway, welcome aboard Rui and Azure.

Thanks.

North Star said:
Welcome to Gnomeregan Rui and Azure ^^. Please don't pet the Troggs lol.

-Star

Lol.

The Last members of our team you said? But I don't think everyone has msn. Ya know my best way of talking is on msn ya know :mrgreen: . I'm happy everyone has e-mail anyway. If you allow me, I will make the custom units/spells and the rest of that stuff.

-Rui

Level 4
Last Members Eh?

Well I was going to wait for an update,but I didn't see any info at all on the triggering part of the project, and since the last post on new team members was in AUG I'll take a guess that some people left or went inactive(It's a project, it has to be true). So I'm just posting to see if you need any more JASS talent on your team.

If there's a question if I'm talented enough, just give me an assignment and I'll finish it and then you can see. But this sounds like a fun project to be on and I've wanted to work on something that is a little more of a Complete Mod.

Thanks

Level 2
i can help

hey i can help with unit editing, testing, some terrain and history, i have played WoW and been threw gnomeregan multiple times and could help make things more realist to blizzards ideas. just pm me or contact me at, night hunter614 on AIM

Level 2
also if i can get my photoshop working i can try to pick up skinning and icon editing too