• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TD Special Waves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I need to spice up a TD I'm making with some special waves (like say, zeppelins the drop weaker units like in Skibi). You got any ideas? And I don't mean things like "air waves" or "armor" waves.

Level 5
Here are some ideas

A wave where the units don't move but blink their way.
They would start and blink wait for 1 sec then blink again.

Their could also be a wave where every tower creates a weak unit and those start running to the end from where your tower is (so more towers will bring you more money in this special wave)

Mobs that randomly phase out towers around him for like 3 seconds allowing him to pass where the tower would be.

A Wave where you have to kill the enemies in a special order. To explain this their would spawn 3 units a blue, red and green one. A text massage will appear telling you to kill first green then the blue then the red. (you need to target Manuel with your towers, for just this wave you could turn off auto targeting of your towers).

Level 7
I was thinking cloud would be good idea, I'm not too sure how BBV would work out though.

Level 5
How about a wave where your towers switch randomly places and at the end their set back to the regular position or not.

Level 9
A few ideas, that I do have. Consider the following:
-A pair of bosses, which resurrect the other one if not killed within X seconds.
-Creeps that mutate after being harmed/killed.
-Creeps that get more powerful the more damage they take. (eg. Faster, hp regen, etc)
-Flying units which "fall" to the ground after getting shot before taking off again
-Creep Y which is only killable after Creep X is killed.
-Random creeps: Each creep on a wave is either spell immune, fast, high hit point, high hp regen, etc.

That's all I have for now.

Level 7
Thanks for the ideas. I like the switching towers idea, but I'm not sure I'd be able to implement it. The mana shield idea is brilliant, but simple. I think I'll use it, thanks.

I like the random creep wave, might use it, and the mutating wave. The flying and falling wave has been done a lot, so I'm not so sure.

Level 15
How about a boss that uses Storm, Earth and Fire.
Maybe some units that regenerates depending on the wave units remaining.
Maybe a wave with units that stuns towers upon death.
Or how about one with units that will slowly accelerate or gain armour etc.
OH! OH! And what about one that has a unit which you must kill within x seconds or it will take away gold.
Or maybe a wave with bandit things that can steal [current wave units remaining] gold from the player every x seconds.

Level 9
flying wave where it ignores the path.

I don't know if this was sarcastic or not, cause that's not cliche/overused/overdone at all.

I seem to recall anderf mentioned that mazing wasn't a part of this.

I got a few more ideas for ya. These may be a bit harder to implement.

-A wave that has armor types and movement variety to counter your tower types. (eg. Fortified armor when you have no siege-damage towers; Heavy armor when you have no magic-damage towers; Flying when you have lots of anti-ground towers.)
-A unit that keeps "shedding" its skin and becomes weaker and weaker every time it "dies." (eg. A big abomination spawns, killing it makes it "become" a smaller abomination which continues running, this cycle continues until the abomination is too small and just "disappears." Different models could even be used to represent "stages" of damage. Each smaller abom. might have less hp, but it could potentially run faster or some other ability.)
-If you have a lot of towers with mana, maybe a "mana siphoning wave" where passing creeps steal mana from your towers, where they eventually get enough mana to use a certain ability of your choosing.

Status
Not open for further replies.