• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tattoos, piercings and hair changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
"Omg Girlfrend, lyke r u srsly doin that? OMG!"

Okay, iv been thinking about changing my look...
Why? Well, im 18 now, im legally allowed to ask for these modifications without parental consent and I live on my own (well, away from my parents). I am able to afford it, but if I do it all within a week I will be having to cut off some of my other expenses) I also believe I am a woman now and i have a choice on how I want to display myself in my eyes and others, however these are more personal things.
Iv always been a fan of body art, having painted fake tattoos on myself and such. Even though they are regarded as a form of self mutilation (tats etc), I still hold a fascination with them, however, I morally fear them... I fear what others think... i dont want to give off the wrong impression, I obviously mean well 99% of the time in real life and I enjoy chatting to the elderly :/
I want to do it to be closer to the image I want to be, I know I shouldn't care what others think when they see me with whatever modifications I do, but it does and WILL affect how I socialize with people.

I like all these things, but to be honest, with my body I cant see them well..but im still for them....decisions...hmm.

Prices in AUD (I went down to the local tattooist and piercer to look)
Tattoo $170+:
Get a tribal dragon or bull at the back of my hips, something simple, basic and not that well shown off. Its more of a personal like sorta thing.

Piercing $50-80 (per pierching, 2 ear ones=1):
Green Level: Have my ears done (1-2 extra holes, fairly basic and nice), above my eyebrow or below my lips/on my chin.

Hair $80-150 (they require bleaching as my hair is dark):
Choice 1: Have red random streaks throughout my hair.
Choice 2: (this one done by myself) Bleach the front (very thin) of my hair so its a white/blonde streak, once I do this its easier to dye a certain colour but hair tends to get very weak...
Choice 3: Just have 1 red streak at the front per side.
If i get these I will be cutting my hair to shoulder length.

I have plenty of time to decide this, and I want to be careful, ESPECIALLY with the tattoo one.

Your suggestions and while you are here, view on these subjects in general?

Level 34
It's your life, your decision.

We (probally) wont care if you painted yourself blue and called yourself Miss Smurf while dancing the Caramelldansen.

Level 35
I'm personally not a fan of body art, but I think you listed things that could hardly be called radical. I'm sure the elderly won't look down on you because you have a tatoo on your hips. As for the hair, I personally think that any non-natural or harmonizing color in your hair looks as a sign of rebellion, but I still don't think painting a thin stripe red will affect other people's view on you.

Level 28
blackcurlylong-med.gif

curls are the sex

Level 27
Even the Romans said that Sex+Sex=12 (duodecim)

Firstly, we dont know how do you look like,secondly, we dont know your taste and thirdly, we dont care :)

Firstly, yes we do. Secondly, we also do -.-

Thirdly, yeah k true =p

If i was ever going to get a tattoo it would be something like a giant demon piercing the earth or something like that >.> and it would be on my back (so kinda big)

But meh, do you whatever you want...

Level 34
Not a big fan of tattoos, but piercings are alright. As long as it isn't a tongue ring. Bleh.
I can't imagine you with shorter, not-black hair. :p

Level 27
I fear what others think... i dont want to give off the wrong impression, I obviously mean well 99% of the time in real life and I enjoy chatting to the elderly :/
Incidentally, looking at someone does not count as a first impression. People will only judge you by your looks if you act stereotypically to your look.
to be honest, with my body I cant see them well.
Being a fan doesn't mean you have to participate. :p

I think tattoos are just a things people do to look cool. Not because the tattoo itself is cool, it probably isn't, but that the person getting it is cool enough to get a tattoo. Of course, this doesn't apply to everyone. Some people have genuine interest in tattoos. The kind of people that get real tattoos. You know, stuff that's visible. Big stuff. Unless you're getting something that wraps around a large portion of your body, you might as well not have one.

If I were to get a tattoo (a real tattoo, eg. tattoo system), I'd get patches of stylistic circuitry. However, I see no reason to permanently color your skin when you can color it temporarily with less fuss. I'd just get new clothes...
I've never really seen the point of poking holes in yourself. Tattoos don't affect form, just color. Piercing changes your shape. The only thing like that that I've ever seen the point in is tongue splitting. Now that's something with function.
Anything hair related is short-term. Just make sure you can live with it for a few weeks or so.

Level 45
Well, with piercings, if you dont want to wear anything it just leaves a small and barely noticeable hole.

Im abit wavy with tats since they are perm, but ..painting temp ones.. just seem like "Hey! look at me, im cool! look what I have today" sorta thing instead of adding something to my long term identity.

As for my hair, i might get it done tommorow, im abit angry my money is dissapearing. ($600 gone in one week)

Level 36
piercing ok.
bleaching ok
tattoo not ok. wrinkly tattoo= yuk

Wrinkly person = yuk

So it doesn't matter.

Also, you can remove tattoos, they aren't really permanent. You can fade them or get them surgically removed. By the time you get to the point where you won't want it anymore, there will probably be even better methods anyways.

Also, don't cut your hair short. Short hair on girls = UGLY. I don't know why some people like it.

Level 34
Im abit wavy with tats since they are perm, but ..painting temp ones.. just seem like "Hey! look at me, im cool! look what I have today" sorta thing instead of adding something to my long term identity.
By that logic, you shouldn't be changing your hair or getting piercings. :p

Level 45
You could think of hair styling as an art, especially the extravagant ones.
True when its put to that extent, but in this case to me, no..
Man, im tongue tied now with what i said gilles :p

Anyway, less opinions on what i should get, you guys give great feedback, id like to see more of your views on the subject of tats etc.

Level 36
True when its put to that extent, but in this case to me, no..
Man, im tongue tied now with what i said gilles :p

Anyway, less opinions on what i should get, you guys give great feedback, id like to see more of your views on the subject of tats etc.

Facial tattoos. Not really. Just get a small hip tattoo and put red streaks in your hair. Red + black = hawt.

Also, don't cut your hair short. Short hair on girls = UGLY. I don't know why some people like it.

i disagree. i think some girls look better with shorter hair.
short= up to shoulder or neck base line is good looking

any shorter= girly man pretending to be a girl/ advanturous girl. must look into context

bald or shaved= dont go near. way too creepy

then again, if they look like decent person, i dont care about looks so much about hair. bald is and exception tho. youre a nice person so what ever you do, people wont criticise you

had any previous haircut that you liked? maybe you should base it on that

Level 45
had any previous haircut that you liked? maybe you should base it on that

Well, iv seen very short hair look good on a girl, take one of my friends at uni for example, she also wears glasses (Which i will be once they arrive). It kinda gives off a more sophisticated look.

It just depends i guess :p who knows.

Previous hair was just up to the shoulders, iv had red streaks done in it before but it was terribly done, as in not placed where i wanted it and it was a dark magneta that ran out in 3 weeks into a pale orange.

Level 27
Instead of, "Hey! Look at me, I'm cool! Look what I got that one day!"?
It just depends
It really does.

Curls are not always the sex, short hair is also not always ugly, even bald... Well, maybe.

Level 45
All I have to say is is that... a woman mind doesn't fully mature until about 25, so you don't know what you actually want. I suggest waiting until 25-6and seeing then. I can 99% guarantee you will not want it in 25 years from now.

Umm... no shit? Because such things like piercings suit best for people around their 20s?

Level 45
I was referring to the tattoo, which can't just heal up.
By that time tattoos will be removed easily, and if not, i dont think it will concern me that much considering i wont be showing off the top of my ass in public o.0

Just thinking of something subtle and usual. Even when im old a tat like that due to its placement will not be bothersome.

As for now, i have dropped tattoos as they are too expensive (approx 300 dollars for the one i want)

Level 34
Tramp stamp? Are you kidding?
I wouldn't get a tattoo. I don't think their attractive at all.

To me, hair depends on the girl. Some hair styles suit some girls better. You can't really say one style is better than another. This does no include bald, or mullets. For short hair, I would like to refer to Halle Berry in Swordfish.

Level 5
Like someone already said: "It's your life, your decision."

I don't care that much, but if I see a guy walking n the streets and he has like... tons of piercings & tattoos that would be freaking nasty, at least a crazy hair cut is not nasty...

Sometimes xD!

Level 12
I love long curly hair and streaks of red are definite attention getters. Doesn't mean everyone will like the streaks, but I do :D

Piercings are somewhat gross IMO. Unless they are ears. Eye, tongue, lip, anything other than ears is just plain gross. It completely detracts from your looks. Whenever I see somebody with a ring on their eye or lip, I can't stop looking at it with disgust.

Tattoos: Well if you don't care how you look when your older than go ahead. Painting tattoos would be really cool. Basically like wearing different clothes each day but much more detail and more artistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.