• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Tattoo - What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This is the request message I sent to http://www.tattoosbycustom.com/
This is not a request, this is only to tell you about my tattoo.
If someone would like to draw up a sketch I appriciate it however.

"I have always loved crustaceans, ever since a child. One of my favorite crustacean is the Murray Crayfish.
Which latin name translated into english means: true/good noble (or/and crayfish) armored man.

A latin name which I think resemble me. Because I should have had a noble lastname, like my grandfather used to have.
But we were forced to give it up because of something a genealogy researcher discovered.
I am dissepointed that our family lost their noble lastname. Because it sounded so cool compared to my current one.

Armored man, well I have always had a invisible shield around me, to shield myself from peoples opinions about me.
This invisible shield also makes it hard for me to show my emotions. Still, I try my best to not act as if I were a heartless statue.

This is going to be my first tattoo and I don't plan to get that many more. I plan to put the tattoo on the left pectoral area.
I have a suggested pose for the crayfish but if you guys find a better looking pose I don't mind.
Suggested pose for the Murray crayfish:
thepose.jpg

This is how the Murray Crayfish looks like:
murraycray.jpg

crayfish.jpg

cray.jpg

My idea is a Murray Crayfish in a pose like the crayfish in the "thepose.jpg" picture. With shrimps swimming around it, like if there was an "invisible" shield around it.
I suggest shrimps that looks like the red crystal shrimps.

Picture of Red Crystal Shrimps:
redcrystalshrimps.jpg

bcaridinacfcantonensisc.jpg

I don't know how the background is supposed to look like.
If I even want a background. But I guess if it looks good and uses discreet colours it could look good.

Crayfish: Brown, Black, White
Shrimps: Red, White
Background: Discreet colours or no background or stones.

Since you guys are more experienced than me, I accept, allow and encourage you to use your artistic skills to improve my current idea into something more.

I would really like to see "Work In Progress" pictures but not necessary."

What do you guys think of my tattoo?
Is it unique?
Is it cool/lame?
Can it be improved? How?
How would you react if you saw someone with a crayfish tattoo on their chest?

Last edited:
Level 9
I find crustaceans more interresting than any other animal.
I love to look at them, I love to eat them, I love to catch them.

My entire childhood is just one big hunt. At the age of six I started practicing catching crayfish with my bare hands.
Something I have perfected and nowdays I can without any trouble catch around two hundred in a day with nothing but my hands.
Which has led me to practicing catching fishes with my hands.
Catching fish and crayfish with my hands, is however something I only can do when I visit my grandma.
So I guess this tattoo will always remind me of her when she pass away.

At the age of twelve. I got an aquarium only because I saw that they sold crayfishes (Cherax Peknyi) at the local zoo store.
I named my crayfish Elisabeth the Second. Later I also bought freshwater crabs and shrimps to keep Elisabeth company.

q1

The first time we got a hermit crab in our nets, my emediate response was - can we keep him?

I could write more here but yeah this tattoo would have a real meaning. Seeing as the times when I was catching crayfish as a kid was some of the best time of my life.

Level 9
Devine, You realise I am thinking of tattooing a crayfish and not a lobster right?

Also I hate big tattoos aswell and tattoos in certain areas (face, neck, hands, groin, eyeball).
Big tattoos like this one for example:

owl_heart.jpg

Xarwin, what kind of tattoo is your thing ?

Level 9
Ghost765, Well some people want a koi fish tattoo, I don't.

X.e.r.e.X, Why assume I will regret it?

Nudl9, Why is it a silly idea? Do you find crayfishes to be silly animals?

Kimberly, Well you can say anything you like about the tattoo idea.
If someone dislikes it I won't be mad.
I appreciate honest opinions. Especially on things like this.

Here are some examples of questions.

What do you think about my reason behind it?
Is there any better spot to tattoo it on?
Got a suggestion for a background?
Is it - cool/lame compared to a koi fish tattoo.
What do you think of the suggested pose?
Is it unique?
How would you react if you saw someone with a crayfish tattoo on their chest? - IMPORTANT ! ( please be honest )

Level 30
Devine, You realise I am thinking of tattooing a crayfish and not a lobster right?

Also I hate big tattoos aswell and tattoos in certain areas (face, neck, hands, groin, eyeball).
Big tattoos like this one for example:

Xarwin, what kind of tattoo is your thing ?
There's a difference? D:
I'd go for a pretty tatoo on the chest or the shoulders.

This is what I hate the most.
tattoo010big.jpg

It disgusts me. WTF IS UP WITH HIS ARMPITS? Does he not know how to use a pair of scissors?

Level 1
What do you think about my reason behind it?
Is there any better spot to tattoo it on?
Got a suggestion for a background?
Is it - cool/lame compared to a koi fish tattoo.
What do you think of the suggested pose?
Is it unique?
How would you react if you saw someone with a crayfish tattoo on their chest? - IMPORTANT ! ( please be honest )

Your reasoning behind it, to be honest, isn't all that strong. Most people who want to convey a certain message (like your invisible shield) use known symbols for that sort of thing. Bears for strong people, that sort of thing. Something more hardcore than mush in a shell.

Placement isn't all that important, as long as you can see it.

Backgrounds are expensive.

Koi tattoos are actually pretty cool. Koi are quite beautiful fish.

Your suggested pose isn't all that great. If I were you, I'd go with something similar to the 4th picture down in the original post and then, if you want some shrimp, add them in front of it. No need for a background.

It's definitely unique, because I don't know any sane person that would permanently scar their body with a crayfish for no apparent reason (if it can't be made relatively obvious to someone seeing it for the first time, it's no apparent reason).

Honestly? I'd probably snigger and stare to try and make them feel uncomfortable. If you want to do it for you, get it somewhere that's less likely to be seen in public. If you want to feel comfortable with it out in public, get something normal.

Level 24
Nudl9, Why is it a silly idea? Do you find crayfishes to be silly animals?
Yes
but the idea is so crazy its awesome, thats why i by all means say: go for it!

How would you react if you saw someone with a crayfish tattoo on their chest? - Honestly not the best reason i've seen, but anyway personally i'd either do it for the lulz or because of a deep reason like as if a family member died or blabla. Anyway people tattoo owls, kittens, hawks butterflies and flaming skulls, so why not?
Is there any better spot to tattoo it on? - On the back near a shoulder
Is it unique? - Have you ever seen a person before with a crayfish tattoo?
How would you react if you saw someone with a crayfish tattoo on their chest? - IMPORTANT ! ( please be honest ) - I'd say cool man (but thats just me as in person so w/e)

Level 9
First of all, I am not sure I even want a sophisticated job.
But if I wanted one, I am pretty sure that the tattoo on my chest doesn't matter as long as its just a tattoo on my chest and not my entire body.

VincentAlliath,
The 4th picture down has to be the most boring pose ever.

It's definitely unique, because I don't know any sane person that would permanently scar their body with a crayfish for no apparent reason (if it can't be made relatively obvious to someone seeing it for the first time, it's no apparent reason).
Does a tattoo have to have a clear message for the people watching?
I mean, if I get a tattoo I get it for myself. Not for the people that is watching it.

I have spoken with a tattooer and the price for a tattoo in my size will cost me something around 2000 Swedish kronor. Which is nothing.
I have also spoken with an friend who is an artist. She will sketch up the tattoo and I will get the finished sketch on tuesday. Will posts some pictures then.

Could you two please stop talking about armpits? I suggest you to make a new thread and a poll about it.

Last edited:
Level 9
This is how her sketch turned out, of course I do not plan to tattoo this onto my body. But this will be very handy when I explain my idea to the tattooer.
I am looking for something with more depth, a picture that gives you the feeling it is walking towards you.

notalobster.png

Status
Not open for further replies.