• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tales of Yrchian v1.03b

Reactions: Aesthetics
Project by Marsal2000 and LevliN
This is the final version of that map file. A whole new version started with almost 100% different gameplay, better terrain, better systems, etc. For more information: LINK
Tales of Yrchian is a full teamwork multi-player ORPG map. Map isn't finished yet, still working on quests, items, skills, heroes, dungeons, etc. It's almost impossible to play it with less than 4 players.
One day a handful of wanderers jumped onto the land of Yrchian. They came because they heard that strange things happened recently. As they arrived they saw that everybody is restless, there are only a few people on the streets and the fear permeates the air. It was a dark night and they are tired, they had to find a place to rest. They wandered for hours when they found an old mercenary camp where they can sleep. In the middle of the night they woke up by a strange noise, they saw that the fire is burning again and a strange person sits in front of it. The stranger said "We have to talk, now!". The stranger told that he's name is Nior, he is a former alchemist but now he is just an advanturer he also told some information about the strange things happened there, but he don't know what exactly did those things. They have to figure out who or what did this. Will they can?
STORY WILL BE EXPLAINED BY THE QUESTS IN THE GAME
The Crypt

The crypt of Sindomirh town cursed by an evil mage.Now it's full with zombies rised from their coffins.

20gcow8.jpg
Tomb of Azriel
Quest Dungeon
Bandit Hideout
An old forsaken cave claimed by the bandits.
nfi2js.jpg

2akk2e0.jpg

wk5qit.jpg
Waterfall Cave
A cave behind the waterfall in the forest.
13yqts3.jpg
Cave of Menurial
It was an old goldmine but the bandits claimed it.Then the bandits are killed by the demons of Menurial.Menurial is the Demon Mage King who leads the demons horde against Yrchian.
Quest Dungeon
You can choose up to 9 heroes, 3 for each attribute.Maximum level is 50. Each hero has 5 skills and each skill has 5 levels.

Strength
Phoenix Warrior
97qrk7.jpg

Former warrior of the Phoenix cult. The Phoenix cult is one of the mystical defender clans of Yrchian that protects the land of Yrchian. They use enchanted weapons combined with a shield and powerful burning magic to subdue their enemies and protect their allies. They generally disdain long-range warfare, preferring instead to charge directly into the fray, swinging their weapon of choice or sending a wave of destructive spells. They can take a beating unlike anyone else. These warriors are equally comfortable wielding crescent blade or glavie. Strength combined with Intelligence is the Phoenix warrior's biggest asset, allowing this hero to do more damage with every attack.

Stats:

Strength: 18 + 1.80
Agility: 7 + 0.90
Intelligence: 10 + 1.30

Starting armor
: 4
Class bonuses: 2.0x HP Regeneration, 150 extra HP

Role: Tank, Damage Dealer

Icy Warrior
rivxjn.jpg

These warriors are use brute strenght and melee weapons enchanted with ice magic to subdue their enemies and protect their allies. They generally disdain long-range warfare, preferring instead to charge directly into the fray, swinging their weapon of choice. They can take a beating unlike anyone else. These warriors are equally comfortable wielding axe, hammer or sword, though many choose to master one weapon over all others. Defensive tactics help the warrior to avoid damage and protect allies, but Strength is these warrior's biggest asset, allowing this hero to do more damage with every attack.

Stats:

Strength: 19 + 2.20
Agility: 8 + 0.90
Intelligence: 8 + 0.90

Starting armor: 4

Role: Tank, Defender

Holy Warrior
wb9vma.jpg

These warriors are former monks who left the monastery. They rely on stout hearths, brute strenght, holy power and melee weapons to subdue their enemies and protect their allies. They generally disdain long-range warfare, preferring instead to charge directly into the fray, swinging their weapon of choice. They can take a beating unlike anyone else. They are comfortable wielding enchanted hammers. Defensive tactics help the warrior to avoid damage and protect allies.

Stats:

Strength: 19 + 1.90
Agility: 7 + 0.80
Intelligence: 9 + 1.30

Starting armor
: 4

Role: Tank, Damage Dealer
Agility
Amazon
jrqlhh.jpg

Amazons are unique in their ability to succeed with the help of, or even in spite of, their environment. Nature rituals allow them to manipulate the environment to hinder their enemies. They favour long-range combat, the bow being their weapon of choice, and can be especially effective from elevated locations such as bridges and cliffs. They are the only profession with the ability to charm animals, which then accompany them on their travels and assist them in battle, gaining experience and levels over time. Amazons are also Blessed with survival skills that help keep them alive.

Stats:

Strength: 7 + 1.10
Agility: 19 + 2.00
Intelligence: 9 + 0.90

Starting armor
: 2
Class bonuses: 40% extra Attack Speed

Role: Support, Damage Dealer (Ranged)

Dark Stalker
2m4b1c3.jpg

Dark Stalkers are the best fighters in the land of Yrchian. They using skillful tricks combinated with dark forces to subdue their enemies. The twin blades being their weapon of choice, and can deal especially high damage.

Stats:

Strength: 9 + 1.00
Agility: 19 + 2.10
Intelligence: 7 + 0.90

Starting armor: 2

Role: Support, Damage Dealer

Illusionist
643q7n.jpg

Illusionists are masters of illusion and control. Their skills provide excellent support, turning the enemies powers against them and changing the very fabric of reality to hinder foes and help allies. Illusionists have the ability to cast spells quickly, which can make all the difference in the heat of battle. Their unique illusionary talents can cause imaginary illnesses or empower the Illusionist to move faster. While Illusionists are not known for brute strength, their ability to confuse and distract enemy's resources more than compensates.

Stats:

Strength: 8 + 1.00
Agility: 18 + 1.90
Intelligence: 9 + 1.10

Starting armor: 2

Intelligence
Moonmage
k2g1zd.jpg

Moonmages summon the power of moon and command it at will. They can empower allies that makes them more harder to kill. Their unique buffs are stronger than any other buffs. The wise Moonmage avoids becoming surrounded, but keeps a local area-of-effect spell on hand just in case.

Stats:

Strength: 6 + 1.20
Agility: 6 + 1.00
Intelligence: 23 + 1.80

Starting armor: 0
Class bonuses: 5.0x Mana Regeneration, 100 extra Mana

Role
: Support, Buffer/Debuffer

Elementalist
21c5d7m.jpg

Elementalists summon the powers of air, fire, darkness and water and command them at will. They can inflict more damage in a single strike than any other profession. Air magic harnesses the power of tempests to strike foes down with lightning or enable allies to run like the wind. Fire magic manifests flames, fireballs, molten lava and even meteors to burn enemies to a crisp. Water magic conjures mist and ice to slow enemy movement and attacks, protect allies against magic, and inflict cold damage on enemies. The wise Elementalist avoids becoming surrounded, but keeps a local area-of-effect spell on hand just in case.

Stats:

Strength: 7 + 1.10
Agility: 6 + 0.80
Intelligence: 22 + 2.10

Priest
1z3qz50.jpg

Priests employ a direct conduit to the gods, and the answers to their prayers come in the form of healing and protection for their allies and damage to their enemies. Priests enjoy Divine Favour, which provides extra healing power, while their healing and Protection Prayers help to keep their allies strong and healthy.Smiting Prayers, on the other hand,call down divine anger on enemies, exacting holy damage that ignores armour, though damage-dealing is not the Priest's specialty. What Priests lack in firepower they make up for with their unparalleled gift for keeping their allies alive.

Stats:

Strength: 6 + 0.90
Agility: 5 + 1.00
Intelligence: 24 + 2.10

Role: Healer, Buffer, Anti-Undead Class
4l55xg.jpg

2yweq08.jpg

15yf8tk.jpg

2mg60hv.jpg

zoiz9c.jpg

• Fixed most of the known bugs.
  • Terrain improvements
  • Advanced exp and gold system
  • Reduced filesize
  • New spells
  • New quests

• Fixed the Dark Stalker's Demonic strike bug
  • Fixed the priest's Holy Word bug
  • Increased the Moonmage's Moonlight Shadow cooldown
  • Fixed the Sneak spell
  • Added higher level creeps
  • Fixed quest item remove bug
  • Fixed Bandits' Hideout dungeon bug

Terrain:
  • extended and reskinned the Bandits' hideout dungeon
  • reskinned the Tomb of Azriel quest dungeon
  • bigger roads
  • new house skin
  • little modified the city and added some extra things
Heroes:
  • new skills
  • rebalanced heroes
  • new system added: Illusion System: now the illusions are takes not just the healing potion effect but most of the buffs/debuffs
  • new elementalist model and skin
  • new phoenix warrior skin
  • added hero glow
Items:
  • new items added
  • remade item system
  1. Dark Stalkers can equip 2 swords but can't equip shields
  2. int heroes can use a staff and an orb
  3. every hero can equip 2 rings and 1 amulet
  4. faster
  5. more flexible
  6. greatly reduced lag
  7. item set system added
  8. modified items
  9. re-leveled items
  10. special strength agility and intelligence items
  • added item remove system
  • added extra item drops
Quests:
  • added few quests
  • quest bugs fixed
  • modified rewards
Others:
  • 1 new music (dungeon)
  • new city music
  • new sounds
  • new creeps
  • new creep skills
  • remade creeps
  • fixed save and load system bugs
  • added a backpack save system
  • new commands
  • improved player helper system
  • fixed known bugs
  • fixed the things that makes the game ultra laggy after a half hour on weaker pc-s
Thanks to the following people for the systems/spells/models/skins/icons
ap0calypse | without him I couldn't continue the map
Animoi666 and Adiktuz | solving the load system problems and helping me a lot
Raven0 and -Peper- | solving the loading screen problem
Maker | helping me a lot and solving the Soul Drain spell problem
WaterKnight and Pharaoh_ | helping with the object editor specials
TriggerHappy187 (Save/Load System)
Pharaoh_ (Music System)
Googlieeyes (Item Stack System)
Dr1zzt (Creep Respawn System)
f0rsAk3n (Spirit Moves(Omnislash))
Darkholme
General Frank
Dan van Ohllus
Ampharos_222
Suselishe
Tranquil
Hanza-Ru
Elenai
Alastor
GreyArchon
alfredx_sotn
HappyTauren
jigrael
JetFangInferno
Gottfrei
Elenai
Killabong
Callahan
shamanyouranus
SantoRayo[iP]
BurninRose
Thrikodius
Champara Bros
s4nji
Buster
Daelin
anarchianbedlam
Marcelo Hossomi
Skizzik
sPy
Haistrah
Pyritie
CloudWolf
Red Shift
The_Silent
General Frank
KelThuzad
Mc !
bigapple90
HappyTauren
SkriK
GooS
Note: If I forgot to give you credits please send a pm that contains the name of your resource.
[TD]
veocut.png

[/TD] [TD]
Introduction
[/TD] [TD]
Story
[/TD] [TD]
Dungeons
[/TD] [TD]
Heroes
[/TD] [TD]
Screenshots
[/TD]
[TD]
Changelog
[/TD] [TD]
Credits
[/TD] [TD][/TD]

Keywords:
ORPG, tales, of, yrchian, tales of yrchian, role, playing, game, open, role playing game, open role playing game, hero, fight, level, trigger, skill,
Contents

Tales of Yrchian v1.03b (Map)

Reviews
23:01, 28th Jan 2011 Cweener: Approved It looks pretty decent for a beta. Only thing I don't like is the triggering. But it's getting better from previous version obviously. 3/5 from me. Decent beta.

M

23:01, 28th Jan 2011
Cweener: Approved
It looks pretty decent for a beta. Only thing I don't like is the triggering. But it's getting better from previous version obviously.
3/5 from me. Decent beta.

Level 28
i'm isn't protected it, i'm optimized it with vexorian's map optimizer
And I'm glad you did, because deprotecting a map is a piece of cake, so protecting a map because you're afraid someone might steal it is ridiculous.

and the skills are done now i'm just wanted to make items, quests, dungeons and the remaining creeps
So it's not done.

I launched a program on it, made a listfile, overwritten a corrupt file and it is completely functional again (but as I said before: all triggers are converted to JASS).
I'll PM you the deprotected version.

Last edited:
Level 1
hi,

First of all, great map ! but me and my friend with manage the make the hermit quest then we arrived to the druid quest

kill hobgoblin until you get de staff of the master druid

We found that staff but when we complete de quest, we were able to turn it and get the quest reward again, again and again, but never able to have the follow of that quest....

If you can look to that it could be fun cause i wanna continue farther in your RPG :)

I dont know if it can change some thing vut i was pheonix knight and my friend was elementalist

Froswolf

Level 28
Hm, the trigger variables are probably lost due to the conversion to JASS.
Usually, when you create a trigger in GUI, you automatically create a trigger variable.
Now those don't exist anymore, the script cannot compile correctly.

You can use local trigger variables to easily solve this case.

JASS:
local trigger t = CreateTrigger()
call [Events]
call [Conditions]
call [Actions]
This is a very basic structure (and probably not the easiest to understand) though :p

Level 16
so i just need to put the things like this?
JASS:
local trigger t = CreateTrigger(slam)
call [Events]
-paste trigger events
call [Conditions]
-paste trigger conditions
call [Actions]
-paste trigger actions
edit: as i can see there are much more than the syntax and trigger variable errors
maybe it could be better if i rewrite all the triggers but anyway thanks for trying to help me

Level 16
okay, thanks
but i still think it's better that i rewrite it
i have the very old version of the map (1 year old) and it already has some of the triggers, i copy these and now i found that "iGen" system and everyone says it's better than the other i use
then i just make the remaining triggers

Level 6
I downloaded the map and its pretty cool but could use some work

Suggestions
-Have the trigger for displaying that a hero is too low of a level for an item, to display the level that you need to be
-Add more creeps, there are alot of bare areas with nothing
-Hotkeys should be closer to each other to make them easier to use
-More bosses or dungeons (I know that will come in later versions)
-A possible unit or area to teleport to the other town because walking takes awhile
-More shops/higher items (Also know that will come in later versions)

If you need any help fixing descriptions for items or spells or need some more testing of the different heroes feel free to send me a message and I'll be happy to help

Last edited:
Level 16
-the items shows the required levels
-there will be more creeps, but now there are no creeps for some levels
-the hotkeys will be changed into Q, W, E, R, T
-in older versions there was an icy area, in this ver. i have already removed it and i will fill it with dungeons
-that's a good idea
-now the best normal items requires level 24, there will be more and you can find an NPC above the troll forest called "Master Blacksmith" there will be more items
edit:
soooo i've made a better description

Last edited:
Level 16
first i have to finish the remaining things ~.~
edit:
There will be a test hosted on Eurobattle.net on the 27th of December. I don't know the exact time of testing (it depends on my day) but around GMT+1 PM 1:00-7:00.
[TD]
NEW VERSION BETA TEST
[/TD]
the test is delayed to tomorrow because eurobattle.net is BULLSH*T
it will be on Garena tomorrow
now i don't know the exact time or channel but tomorrow morning i tell ya
2.5-3 hours and i'll host the map ^^ the channel will be given
okay i'm in the room is: WAR3RPG - international - international gaming dota league room
the only reason that i don't host it in the rpg room is because it's password protected

Last edited:
Level 1
I was playing the map and when I loaded my Priest I didn't have a backpack. And also when you have the staff that raises skeletons the priest's heal will kill them if they are around a tank.

Level 4
good map
but little content
1 dungeon available, bandits?
my party killed rexxar, boss to 1st dung
and not drops items
wtf?
i think need add more items, sets items, dungeons, bosses, creeps
but size map 8mb
is possible?

Level 16
has 75% chance to drop a boss item and 1% to drop an awsome item for low level
yes it's possible, if I reduce the music quality I get 2 mb extra space for further works, the Tomb of Azriel quest dungeon is already done but the quests to it not so

Last edited:
Level 2
Try to fix up the grammar such as "Will they can?" the last sentence of the description doesn't make sense along with "The crypt of Sindomirh town cursed by an evil mage.Now it's full with zombies rised from their coffins" from what I've found "rised" is not a word in the English language. Other than that looks pretty interesting and I'm going to download.

3LF

3LF

Level 2
Unintended trick with Moon Mage - she can Curse an enemy and immediately invis, and because the invis duration is so short, she can run back and become visible before the curse is done. It lets her perfectly pull single units all the time, makes dungeons insanely easy even if it takes awhile.

Level 1
When We can get Better version ? Becouse 25 lvl monsters Max... We started playing , Wery nice map ! Ps. Saves from older versions will work?

Level 2
We found a bug when you complete druid quest where you have to bring back his staff i speak with druid he gives reward and that's all it's shows the scrolls around his head but you can't speak with him i one more bug when you complete this quest you can speak with hermit again and it gives you third chalange quest again.

Level 1
is this map save/load? if not bad rpg -.-

I play this map 1 hour and want save . when I type -save nothing happen. i try type -Save and -SAVE nothing happens to

I playing solo in LAN

like your idea to build teamwork in this game .

Level 5
It's extremely hard to get the bandit dungeons 1% drop because u lvl off of the bandits until you can't do the dungeon anymore.

Also most usable items like enchanted shield require no mana so the backpack can use them some do require mana like the ritual mask.

Level 2
I've been playing with some friends, and we are finding it hard tanking the creeps because of no "Taunt" (a spell that forces the creeps to attack you) You should make some kind of threat meter :)