• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hook Training Map v1.03b

Reactions: Shrakkor
Hook Training Map v1.03b. (For FT : v1.24e)

------------------------------------------
PS: MAP IS PROTECTED!

Made for a friend of mine that requested for it.
Map includes Blind Hook, Random Hook (which is a little retarded) and Hook Target.

The line of sight is blocked. You have to hook the target during that period.
Can choose to have invisibility and to turn fog of war on/off

A unit randomly moves and you have to hook it.

Hook the target in a pack of creeps. Can choose to have it invisible and with fog of war.

First map being uploaded to HiveWorkshop by me.. Please give comments! Thanks!

CREDITS:
Vexorian: Map Optimizer
PitzerMike: Widgetizer

Report any bugs to me at [email protected]
OR
PM me on hiveworkshop.
Rate, and if possible, vote for approval!:)

Keywords:
Hook, Pudge, Butcher, Training, Map, Priest170234, dota, defense of the ancients
Contents

Hook Training Map v1.03b (Map)

Reviews
23:26, 25th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Comment
Level 16
Here's a list of BB Codes to improve your description. I wouldn't rely on this map to improve your pudge hooks for DotA as the terrain is different and also human players are smart enough to move different paths as AI is often given a certain path otherwise randomly move in a region or pattern. If you really want to improve your pudge hooks, just practice Pudge in a DotA with other players and you will eventually be pro.

Level 31
kind of lacking, but it still acceptable.

the random hook are way too easy since you only need to hook a single target, you should have make a pack of creep walking randomly so the hook target are harder to hit.

as for hook target, it was easy even with fog as you know the exact spawn time of the child. all i need was to hook it the moment the 3rd creep spawn.

my vote is 2/5 (Lacking) as it was hardly challenging enough to be consider as training, but more towards warm up.

Level 2
OH YEAHh - thx very much for that map - now i started plying pudge and i HOOK like pro :goblin_yeah:

i recommend it for everyone:thumbs_up:

voted for approval and added rep

Level 22
kind of lacking, but it still acceptable.

the random hook are way too easy since you only need to hook a single target, you should have make a pack of creep walking randomly so the hook target are harder to hit.

as for hook target, it was easy even with fog as you know the exact spawn time of the child. all i need was to hook it the moment the 3rd creep spawn.

my vote is 2/5 (Lacking) as it was hardly challenging enough to be consider as training, but more towards warm up.

I agree with Septimus.

Rating: 2/5
Vote for:
Approved